The Appgasstation.com is an unwanted web page that created in order to redirect you web-browser to various ad webpages. If the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, MS Edge and Chrome opens automatically to this web page then most probably that your PC has been hijacked with a nasty PUP (potentially unwanted program) from the adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) category. The adware is an undesired software that is going to display you lots of popup advertisements and deals. Of course, it’s not a malware or virus in the “general meaning” of this word. It will not delete or damage your files, but it can alter some system’s settings or download and install other harmful programs. So, you’d better to get rid of ‘ad supported’ software using the step by step instructions below and thereby remove Appgasstation.com ads.
The ‘ad supported’ software responsible for redirects to Appgasstation.com, is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, modifies browser settings and blocks them from changing. Also the adware can install additional web browser addons and modules that will inject advertising banners within the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge’s screen. Moreover, the ad-supported software may install internet browser hijacker that once started, will change the web browser’s home page and search provider. The worst is, the adware can gather a wide variety of personal data about you such as what websites you are opening, what you are looking for the Internet and so on. This privacy info, afterwards, may be transferred to third parties.
In addition to that, as was mentioned earlier, certain adware to also alter all web-browsers shortcut files that located on your Desktop or Start menu. So, every infected shortcut file will try to reroute your web browser to undesired ad web-pages like Appgasstation.com, certain of which might be harmful. It can make the whole computer more vulnerable to hacker attacks.
Thus, it is clear that the presence of adware on your system is not desirable, and you need to clean up your PC system as quickly as possible. Follow the few simple steps below in order to remove Appgasstation.com pop-up advertisements.
Remove Appgasstation.com redirect (removal steps)
Fortunately, we have an effective way that will assist you manually or/and automatically get rid of Appgasstation.com from your web browser and bring your web-browser settings, including search provider, start page and newtab, back to normal. Below you will find a removal tutorial with all the steps you may need to successfully get rid of adware and its traces. Some of the steps below will require you to shut down this web page. So, please read the step by step tutorial carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove Appgasstation.com, execute the following steps:
- How to manually delete Appgasstation.com
- Delete adware through the Windows Control Panel
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
- Remove Appgasstation.com pop up ads from Chrome
- Get rid of Appgasstation.com redirect from IE
- Remove Appgasstation.com from Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
- Fix infected web-browsers shortcuts to get rid of Appgasstation.com redirect
- How to automatically remove Appgasstation.com popup advertisements
- Run AdBlocker to block Appgasstation.com and stay safe online
- How to prevent Appgasstation.com pop-ups from getting inside your computer
- To sum up
How to manually delete Appgasstation.com
If you perform exactly the few simple steps below you should be able to delete the Appgasstation.com redirect from the Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Firefox and IE web-browsers.
Delete adware through the Windows Control Panel
The process of adware removal is generally the same across all versions of Microsoft Windows OS from 10 to XP. To start with, it’s necessary to check the list of installed apps on your machine and delete all unused, unknown and suspicious applications.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all software installed on your PC. Scroll through the all list, and remove any suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort software by date in the Control panel.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the undesired Appgasstation.com page opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ program.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard together. It will display a prompt which titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as displayed on the screen below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something such as “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it is a component of the ‘ad-supported’ program, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as displayed on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicious application. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
Remove Appgasstation.com pop up ads from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the hijackers, malicious and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to restore the internet browser’s search engine by default, newtab page and home page that have been changed by adware that cause intrusive Appgasstation.com popup advertisements to appear.
- First launch the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is complete, your web-browser’s search provider by default, homepage and new tab will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Appgasstation.com redirect from IE
By resetting Internet Explorer internet browser you restore your web browser settings to its default state. This is basic when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by ‘ad supported’ software that cause unwanted Appgasstation.com popup ads to appear.
First, start the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as displayed on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your PC system for the changes to take effect.
Remove Appgasstation.com from Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
If the Firefox settings like newtab, home page and default search engine have been modified by the ad supported software, then resetting it to the default state can help.
First, launch the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed in the figure below.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Fix infected web-browsers shortcuts to get rid of Appgasstation.com redirect
When installed, this adware that responsible for the appearance of Appgasstation.com pop-up advertisements, may add an argument like “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut file for the Chrome, MS Edge, Internet Explorer and Firefox. Due to this, every time you launch the browser, it will display an annoying ad web page.
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut file that you use to start your internet browser. Next, choose the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the internet browser that is rerouted to the Appgasstation.com or other annoying website.
Further, necessary to look at the text that is written in the “Target” field. The adware which developed to redirect your browser to various ad sites such as Appgasstation.com can rewrite the contents of this field, which describes the file to be run when you launch your web-browser. Depending on the web browser you are using, there should be:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
If you are seeing an unknown text like “http://site.addres” that has been added here, then you should remove it, as displayed on the screen below.
Next, click the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you launch the internet browser from this desktop shortcut file, it does not occur automatically redirect on the Appgasstation.com web page or any other annoying sites. Once the step is done, we recommend to go to the next step.
How to automatically remove Appgasstation.com popup advertisements
If your PC is still infected with ad supported software responsible for redirecting your browser to Appgasstation.com page, then the best solution of detection and removal is to use an anti-malware scan on the PC. Download free malicious software removal utilities below and start a full system scan. It will help you delete all components of the adware from hardisk and Windows registry.
Use Zemana Anti-malware to remove Appgasstation.com
You can download and use the Zemana for free. This antimalware tool will scan all the registry keys and files in your PC system along with the system settings and web browser extensions. If it finds any malicious software, adware or malicious add-on that is responsible for Appgasstation.com redirect then the Zemana Free will delete them from your PC system completely.
- Download Zemana by clicking on the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is complete, please close all applications and open windows on your computer. Next, start a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Free will start and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware that causes intrusive Appgasstation.com pop ups. This procedure may take some time, so please be patient. While the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) is checking, you may see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- When Zemana has completed scanning, you will be displayed the list of all found threats on your machine.
- Review the scan results and then click the “Next” button. The tool will begin to remove adware which cause intrusive Appgasstation.com popup advertisements to appear. After the procedure is finished, you may be prompted to restart the personal computer.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) and continue with the next step.
Scan your PC and delete Appgasstation.com popup advertisements with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a free program which created to remove malicious software, PUPs, hijacker infections and adware from your PC running Windows 10, 8, 7, XP (32-bit and 64-bit). It will help to find out and remove ad supported software that responsible for web-browser redirect to the unwanted Appgasstation.com web-site, including its files, folders and registry keys.
- Click the link below to download HitmanPro. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: December 8, 2017
- Once the downloading process is finished, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this utility is started, click “Next” button to begin checking your system for the adware that responsible for internet browser redirect to the annoying Appgasstation.com page. This procedure may take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Hitman Pro tool is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as being affected by malware.
- When that process is complete, HitmanPro will open a list of found threats. You may remove items (move to Quarantine) by simply press “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
How to automatically remove Appgasstation.com with Malwarebytes
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your system of the adware. The free utility is an advanced malicious software removal application made by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This application uses the world’s most popular antimalware technology. It is able to help you remove intrusive Appgasstation.com advertisements from your web-browsers, potentially unwanted applications, malware, hijacker infections, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your computer for free.
Click the link below to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Free for Microsoft Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
Once the download is finished, close all windows on your PC. Further, launch the file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as displayed in the figure below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will allow you set up MalwareBytes on the PC system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once install is complete successfully, click Finish button. Then MalwareBytes Anti Malware will automatically start and you may see its main window as displayed on the image below.
Next, click the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your PC for the ad-supported software responsible for redirects to Appgasstation.com. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the tool is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
After the scan is finished, MalwareBytes will show you the results. In order to remove all threats, simply click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will start to remove adware which created to redirect your browser to various ad sites like Appgasstation.com. After disinfection is done, you can be prompted to restart your machine. We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes to delete hijackers, adware and other malware.
Run AdBlocker to block Appgasstation.com and stay safe online
If you want to remove undesired advertisements, browser redirects and pop ups, then install an ad-blocking program such as AdGuard. It can stop Appgasstation.com, advertisements, pop ups and block web sites from tracking your online activities when using the Edge, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. So, if you like browse the Internet, but you do not like unwanted ads and want to protect your computer from harmful websites, then the AdGuard is your best choice.
- Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you will need to download AdGuard by clicking on the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
- When downloading is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the install is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your system, AdGuard will run automatically and stop pop ups, Appgasstation.com redirect, as well as other malicious or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
How to prevent Appgasstation.com pop-ups from getting inside your computer
The adware responsible for Appgasstation.com pop ups, can be categorized as potentially unwanted application (PUA) which usually comes on the PC system with other free applications. Most often, this unwanted program comes without the user’s knowledge. Therefore, many users aren’t even aware that their PC system has been affected with malware. Please follow the easy rules in order to protect your PC system from any undesired programs: do not install any suspicious programs, read the user agreement and choose only the Custom, Manual or Advanced setup mode, don’t rush to press the Next button. Also, always try to find a review of the program on the Internet. Be careful and attentive! If Appgasstation.com popup advertisements has already come into your personal computer, then you need to check your PC for ad supported software and other malware. Use our detailed tutorial that are listed above.
To sum up
Once you’ve complete the steps outlined above, your computer should be free from ad supported software related to Appgasstation.com advertisements and other malware. The Edge, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer will no longer reroute you to various intrusive pages similar to Appgasstation.com. Unfortunately, if the guide does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.