Probably you are one of those people, who are facing BLeengo Search and its unwanted changes to web browser settings, may think that there is something wrong with your PC. The constant home page and search provider redirections may cause the difficulty of browsing the Internet. Your attempts to return your previous web browser’s homepage, newtab page and search provider by default are usually in vain because returning the Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Microsoft Edge settings to default states becomes impossible unless you fully delete BLeengo Search hijacker from your personal computer.
The BLeengo Search browser hijacker will modify your web-browser’s search engine so that all searches are sent through BLeengo Search, that redirects to Bing, Yahoo or Google Custom Search engine that shows the search results for your query. The devs behind this browser hijacker are using legitimate search provider as they may make money from the ads which are opened in the search results.
Some browser hijacker infections also contain adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) which can be used to display undesired ads and or gather your data that can be used for marketing purposes. These unwanted advertisements may be displayed in the form of pop-unders, pop-ups, in-text advertisements, video advertisements, text links or banners or even massive full page ads. Most of the adware is designed to display ads, but some adware is form of spyware that often used to track users to collect a wide variety of user info.
So, it is very important to clean your computer of hijacker as soon as possible. The step-by-step guidance, which is shown below, will allow you to delete BLeengo Search from the Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge and other browsers.
Remove BLeengo Search
There are several steps to deleting BLeengo Search hijacker, because it installs itself so deeply into Windows. You need to uninstall all suspicious and unknown software, then delete malicious add-ons from the Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, FF and Microsoft Edge and other browsers you’ve installed. Finally, you need to reset your web browser settings to get rid of any changes BLeengo Search hijacker has made, and then scan your personal computer with Zemana Anti Malware, Malwarebytes or AdwCleaner to ensure the browser hijacker is fully removed. It will take a while.
Delete BLeengo Search without any utilities
If you perform exactly the step-by-step guide below you should be able to remove the BLeengo Search redirect from the Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge web-browsers.
Delete BLeengo Search associated software by using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
First, go to MS Windows Control Panel and uninstall suspicious software, all programs you don’t remember installing. It’s important to pay the most attention to applications you installed just before BLeengo Search browser hijacker appeared on your internet browser. If you don’t know what a program does, look for the answer on the World Wide Web.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will open a list of all applications installed on the machine.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video guidance below.
Remove BLeengo Search from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a easy way to remove the browser hijacker, malicious and adware extensions, as well as to recover the browser’s newtab page, startpage and search engine by default that have been modified by hijacker.
First run the Chrome. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the main menu. Further, click the option named “Settings”. Another way to display the Google Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter.
The web-browser will open the settings screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, as shown below and click the “Reset settings” button.
The Google Chrome will open the confirmation prompt. You need to confirm your action, click the “Reset” button. The web-browser will start the task of cleaning. Once it is finished, the browser’s settings including homepage, new tab page and search provider by default back to the values that have been when the Google Chrome was first installed on your PC system.
Remove BLeengo Search from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web browser settings
Resetting your Mozilla Firefox is first troubleshooting step for any issues with your internet browser program, including the reroute to BLeengo Search web site.
First, run the FF. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown in the figure below.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Delete BLeengo Search from Internet Explorer
If you find that Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser settings such as new tab page, startpage and search engine by default having been hijacked, then you may return your settings, via the reset internet browser process.
First, start the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect.
Scan your computer and remove BLeengo Search with free utilities
The easiest solution to remove BLeengo Search browser hijacker is to use an anti-malware program capable of detecting hijackers including BLeengo Search. We recommend try Zemana or another free malware remover which listed below. It has excellent detection rate when it comes to adware, browser hijackers and other PUPs.
Automatically delete BLeengo Search redirect with Zemana Free
We suggest using the Zemana Free. You may download and install Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) to find and delete BLeengo Search from your machine. When installed and updated, the malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the system.
- Download Zemana Anti-Malware on your Windows Desktop by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: April 20, 2017
- When the downloading process is finished, close all software and windows on your system. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is done, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the BLeengo Search hijacker which modifies web browser settings to replace your home page, new tab page and default search provider with an unwanted web-page. Depending on your personal computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- As the scanning ends, Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will open you the results. Review the report and then press “Next”. When the clean-up is done, you may be prompted to restart your machine.
Scan and clean your computer of browser hijacker infection with Malwarebytes
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free. You can download and install Malwarebytes to find and get rid of BLeengo Search from your PC. When installed and updated, the free malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats exist on the system.
Download MalwareBytes Anti Malware from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 9, 2017
After the download is finished, close all programs and windows on your personal computer. Double-click the install file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as shown in the figure below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will help you install MalwareBytes on your PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once setup is finished successfully, click Finish button. MalwareBytes Free will automatically start and you can see its main screen as displayed in the following example.
Now press the “Scan Now” button for scanning your system for the hijacker which cause BLeengo Search web page to appear. This task can take some time, so please be patient. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is finished.
After MalwareBytes Free has completed scanning, the results are displayed in the scan report. When you are ready, click “Quarantine Selected” button. The MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will begin to get rid of BLeengo Search hijacker that causes internet browsers to display undesired pages. After that process is done, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
We recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the MalwareBytes to get rid of ad-supported software, browser hijacker infection and other malicious software.
Scan and clean your PC of browser hijacker with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free removal utility that can scan your system for a wide range of security threats like ad-supported software, malware, potentially unwanted programs as well as hijacker infection that alters web-browser settings to replace your newtab, homepage and search provider by default with BLeengo Search. It will perform a deep scan of your computer including hard drives and Windows registry. After a malicious software is found, it will help you to get rid of all detected threats from your computer with a simple click.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 30, 2017
- After the downloading process is finished, double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this utility is launched, click “Scan” button to begin checking your PC for the browser hijacker that cause a redirect to BLeengo Search. When a malware, ad supported software or potentially unwanted software are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- After the scanning is complete, the results are displayed in the scan report. Review the scan results and then press “Clean” button. It will open a prompt, click “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
How to stop BLeengo Search redirect
Use ad blocker program such as AdGuard in order to stop ads, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install malicious and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons which affect your system performance and impact your personal computer security. Browse the Web anonymously and stay safe online!
- Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link and save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
- After the download is finished, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop-up ads, BLeengo Search redirect, as well as other harmful or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
How can you prevent your machine from the attack of BLeengo Search browser hijacker
Now your system should be clean of the BLeengo Search hijacker. Delete AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop-ups and unwanted harmful web sites) and Zemana AntiMalware (to periodically scan your personal computer for new browser hijackers and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of BLeengo Search from the FF, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.