Are you start your favorite web-browser and don’t see usual home page, which is set earlier? Or, the Lorensonews.net page is the first thing that pop up once you start your browser? It means that your personal computer has become the victim of malware from the group of adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software). If you get it on your PC system, this adware can change the browser’s settings like new tab, start page and search provider by default and install harmful addon which will open a huge count of annoying ads within the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, FF and Edge screen. It is important, don’t click on these advertisements, as they can lead you to more harmful or misleading web pages. The best option is to use the step by step instructions posted below to free your system of ‘ad supported’ software and thereby remove Lorensonews.net pop-up ads.
While your computer is infected with the adware, the Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge may be re-directed to Lorensonews.net undesired web-site. Of course, the ‘ad supported’ software may not cause damages to your files or Windows system, but it may display a large count of unwanted advertisements. These ads will be injected within the content of pages that are you opening in your web-browser and can be varied: pop-up ads, in-text ads, different sized banners, offers to install an questionable software.
The ad-supported software can change the settings of the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge, but often that a malicious software such as this can also infect all types of web browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time launch the web browser to see the undesired Lorensonews.net web-page.
It’s important, do not use Lorensonews.net web page and do not click on advertisements placed on it, as they can lead you to a more harmful or misleading web-pages. The best option is to use the step-by-step guide posted below to clean your PC system of adware and thereby delete Lorensonews.net pop-up ads.
Remove Lorensonews.net pop up ads (removal guide)
Fortunately, we’ve an effective solution which will assist you manually or/and automatically get rid of Lorensonews.net from your internet browser and bring your internet browser settings, including new tab, start page and search provider by default, back to normal. Below you’ll find a removal guidance with all the steps you may need to successfully delete adware and its components. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to exit your internet browser or restart your PC.
How to get rid of Lorensonews.net ads without any software
Most common ‘ad supported’ software may be deleted without any antivirus programs. The manual ‘ad supported’ software removal is instructions that will teach you how to delete the Lorensonews.net popup ads.
Uninstall potentially unwanted programs using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
In order to delete PUPs such as this adware, open the Microsoft Windows Control Panel and click on “Uninstall a program”. Check the list of installed programs. For the ones you do not know, run an Internet search to see if they are ad supported software, browser hijacker infection or potentially unwanted applications. If yes, delete them off. Even if they are just a applications that you do not use, then removing them off will increase your computer start up time and speed dramatically.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Microsoft Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed on the image below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown in the following example.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as on the image below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) as shown on the screen below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed applications and remove all applications which has the name such as “Lorensonews.net”. We recommend to press ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed programs by date. After you have found anything suspicious that may be the adware, adware or PUPs, then choose this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious application blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully remove it from your PC.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the annoying Lorensonews.net page opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all the tasks that have been created by malicious application.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard together. It will display a prompt which called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as displayed below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something such as “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it’s a component of the ‘ad-supported’ software, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete like below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
Get rid of Lorensonews.net redirect from Firefox
If the Firefox browser application is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Firefox settings such as home page, newtab and default search provider to its default state. It will save your personal information such as saved passwords, bookmarks, and open tabs.
Launch the Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web-browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will display the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed in the figure below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Mozilla Firefox will start a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the ‘ad supported’ software which causes annoying Lorensonews.net ads. Once, it is done, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Lorensonews.net redirect from Google Chrome
Run the Reset web browser tool of the Google Chrome to reset all its settings such as start page, new tab page and default search provider to original defaults. This is a very useful utility to use, in the case of web-browser redirects to annoying ad web-sites such as Lorensonews.net.
- First run the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is complete, your web browser’s new tab, start page and search engine by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Lorensonews.net pop up ads from IE
By resetting IE internet browser you restore your internet browser settings to its default state. This is basic when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by adware that causes annoying Lorensonews.net advertisements.
First, launch the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then click the “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as shown below.
After the task is finished, click “Close” button. Close the IE and reboot your system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s homepage, new tab and default search engine to default state.
Fix internet browser shortcuts, modified by adware
Unfortunately, the ad supported software can also hijack Windows shortcuts (mostly, your internet browsers shortcuts), so that the Lorensonews.net ad page will be displayed when you open the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge or another web-browser.
Right click to a desktop shortcut for your web-browser. Choose the “Properties” option. It will open the Properties window. Select the “Shortcut” tab here, after that, look at the “Target” field. The ad supported software can replace it. If you are seeing something like “…exe http://site.address” then you need to remove “http…” and leave only, depending on the internet browser you are using:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
Look at the example as displayed on the screen below.
Once is finished, click the “OK” button to save the changes. Please repeat this step for web-browser shortcuts which redirects to an unwanted web sites. When you have completed, go to next step.
Remove Lorensonews.net pop-ups with free programs
If your machine is still infected with ‘ad supported’ software that causes multiple annoying pop-ups, then the best solution of detection and removal is to use an anti malware scan on the system. Download free malware removal utilities below and launch a full system scan. It will allow you delete all components of the ad-supported software from hardisk and Windows registry.
Run Zemana Anti-malware to delete Lorensonews.net pop up ads
We recommend using the Zemana Anti-malware. You may download and install Zemana Anti-malware to scan for and get rid of Lorensonews.net advertisements from the Chrome, IE, Firefox and Microsoft Edge internet browsers. When installed and updated, the malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your PC.
- Please download Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: April 20, 2017
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After downloading is done, please close all applications and open windows on your computer. Next, start a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will run and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button for scanning your system for the ad-supported software that causes multiple intrusive advertisements. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your computer and the speed of your machine. When a malicious software, adware or potentially unwanted applications are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- Once Zemana has finished scanning, a list of all items detected is produced.
- In order to remove all items, simply press the “Next” button. The utility will remove ad supported software that causes browsers to open undesired Lorensonews.net popup ads and add items to the Quarantine. Once the procedure is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
- Close the Zemana Free and continue with the next step.
How to remove Lorensonews.net with Malwarebytes
You can get rid of Lorensonews.net pop-up ads automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We suggest this free malware removal tool because it can easily remove hijacker infections, ad-supported software, potentially unwanted applications and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) on your system from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 9, 2017
After the downloading process is done, close all applications and windows on your computer. Double-click the setup file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as displayed on the image below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will help you install MalwareBytes Free on your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once install is done successfully, press Finish button. MalwareBytes Free will automatically start and you can see its main screen as displayed in the following example.
Now click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the ad supported software which causes undesired Lorensonews.net pop ups. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware is scanning, you may see number of objects it has identified either as being malware.
Once the scan is complete, MalwareBytes Free will display a scan report. Review the report and then press “Quarantine Selected” button. The MalwareBytes Anti Malware will begin to remove ad-supported software that created to reroute your web-browser to various ad web sites such as Lorensonews.net. Once the cleaning procedure is finished, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes Free to delete ‘ad supported’ software, browser hijacker and other malicious software.
Scan your computer and remove Lorensonews.net redirect with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free removal tool that can scan your PC for a wide range of security threats such as malware, adwares, potentially unwanted applications as well as adware which cause intrusive Lorensonews.net pop up ads to appear. It will perform a deep scan of your system including hard drives and MS Windows registry. When a malware is found, it will help you to remove all detected threats from your PC system with a simple click.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below and save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 30, 2017
- After the download is finished, double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this utility is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware that causes tons of unwanted Lorensonews.net ads. This procedure may take quite a while, so please be patient. While the utility is scanning, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- When finished, AdwCleaner will open a list of all items found by the scan. In order to get rid of all threats, simply click “Clean” button. It will display a prompt, click “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Use AdBlocker to block Lorensonews.net and stay safe online
If you surf the Internet, you cannot avoid malvertising. But you can protect your web-browser against it. Download and use an ad blocking program. AdGuard is an ad-blocker that can filter out lots of of the malvertising, stoping dynamic scripts from loading malicious content.
- Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link and save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
- Once the downloading process is done, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the setup is complete, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop popup ads, sites such Lorensonews.net, as well as other harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
Where the Lorensonews.net popups comes from
In many cases, the ad-supported software come in the composition, together with the installers from a free hosting and file sharing web-sites. So, install a free programs is a a good chance that you will find a bundled ad-supported software. If you don’t know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During the installation, choose the Custom or Advanced installation option. Next, click ‘Decline’ button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install optional programs. Moreover, please carefully read Term of use and User agreement before installing any programs or otherwise you may end up with another unwanted application on your personal computer like this adware that redirects your web-browser to annoying Lorensonews.net web page.
Now your machine should be free of the adware which designed to redirect your browser to various ad web-sites such as Lorensonews.net. Uninstall AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop-ups and unwanted malicious web sites) and Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your personal computer for new malware, browser hijackers and ad supported software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new adwares, harmful software and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of Lorensonews.net advertisements from your web browser, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.