The Go.querymo.com is an annoying web-page which installed as your search engine or homepage with the help of unwanted software from the browser hijacker family. Once started, it will change current settings of installed web browsers. So, every time when you run the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Edge, it’ll always be forced to display Go.querymo.com web-site, even as your search provider or startpage has been set to a completely different web-page. On current date, this browser hijacker continues to increase the number of personal computers that have been infected.
In order to force you to use Go.querymo.com as often as possible this browser hijacker infection can change your web-browsers’ search provider. You may even find that your personal computer’s browser shortcuts and Windows HOSTS file are hijacked without your knowledge and conscious permission. The makers of this hijacker do so in order to earn money via Google AdSense or another third-party ad network. Thus every your click on advertisements which placed on the Go.querymo.com generates revenue for them.
Often, the personal computer which has been infected by Go.querymo.com browser hijacker, will be also infected with adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) that shows a large amount of various ads. It can be pop-ups, text links in the web sites, banners where they never had. What is more, the adware can replace the legitimate advertisements with malicious advertisements that will offer to download and install malware and unwanted software or visit the various dangerous and misleading web pages.
The Go.querymo.com browser hijacker may change current settings of installed web browsers, but often that the unwanted software can also infect all types of internet browsers by modifying their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user to see Go.querymo.com undesired web-page every time launch the internet browser.
We strongly suggest that you perform the few simple steps below which will help you to delete Go.querymo.com search using the standard features of Windows and some proven free programs.
How to remove Go.querymo.com from PC
There are several steps to uninstalling Go.querymo.com home page, because it installs itself so deeply into Microsoft Windows. You need to delete all suspicious and unknown programs, then remove malicious extensions from the Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge and other web-browsers you have installed. Finally, you need to reset your web browser settings to remove any changes Go.querymo.com browser hijacker has made, and then check your personal computer with Zemana, Malwarebytes or AdwCleaner to ensure the hijacker infection is fully removed. It will take a while.
How to delete Go.querymo.com without any software
If you perform exactly the tutorial below you should be able to get rid of the Go.querymo.com search from the Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer web-browsers.
Removing the Go.querymo.com, check the list of installed software first
It is of primary importance to first identify and get rid of all PUPs, ad supported software programs and browser hijacker infections through ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (Windows XP) or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 10, 8, 7) section of your MS Windows Control Panel.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all applications installed on the system.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
Get rid of Go.querymo.com search from Chrome
In order to be sure that there is nothing left behind, we advise you to reset Chrome web-browser. It’ll restore Chrome settings including start page, newtab page and search provider by default to defaults.
- First, start the Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Go.querymo.com from Internet Explorer
In order to recover all browser start page, newtab page and default search provider you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your machine.
First, run the IE, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The IE will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as on the image below.
Once the procedure is finished, click “Close” button. Close the IE and reboot your system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s home page, newtab and search provider by default to default state.
Remove Go.querymo.com from Firefox by resetting browser settings
Resetting your FF is basic troubleshooting step for any issues with your internet browser application, including the redirect to Go.querymo.com web-page.
First, start the FF. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed in the following example.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Clean up the web browsers shortcuts which have been hijacked by Go.querymo.com
Important to know, most anti malware applications which are able to delete hijacker, but unable to detect and recover modified shortcuts. So, you need to fix the desktop shortcuts for your Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Edge web-browsers manually.
Right click on the shortcut of infected web-browser like below.
Select the “Properties” option and it will show a shortcut’s properties. Next, press the “Shortcut” tab and then delete the “http://site.address” string from Target field as on the image below.
Then click OK to save changes. Repeat the step for all web-browsers that are redirected to the Go.querymo.com annoying web site.
Scan your PC system and remove Go.querymo.com with free tools
The easiest way to delete Go.querymo.com browser hijacker is to run an anti malware program capable of detecting browser hijacker infections including Go.querymo.com. We advise try Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) or another free malicious software remover which listed below. It has excellent detection rate when it comes to ad-supported software, hijackers and other PUPs.
How to automatically remove Go.querymo.com with Zemana
Zemana highly recommended, because it can detect security threats such adware and browser hijackers which most ‘classic’ antivirus programs fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Go.querymo.com browser hijacker infection removal problems which cannot be fixed by this utility automatically, then Zemana AntiMalware provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
Download Zemana on your personal computer from the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
Once the download is finished, start it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana Anti-Malware will try to update itself and when this procedure is finished, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the Go.querymo.com browser hijacker and other internet browser’s malicious add-ons.
This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Zemana Anti-Malware is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malware. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and press “Next” button.
The Zemana Free will get rid of browser hijacker which alters internet browser settings to replace your startpage, newtab page and search engine by default with Go.querymo.com web-site.
How to delete Go.querymo.com with Malwarebytes
We advise using the Malwarebytes Free. You may download and install Malwarebytes to scan for and remove Go.querymo.com search from your personal computer. When installed and updated, the free malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the PC.
- Please download MalwareBytes AntiMalware on your Microsoft Windows Desktop by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the download is finished, please close all software and open windows on your machine. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes AntiMalware onto your machine. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Free will launch and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Free tool will start scanning the whole PC to find out hijacker that causes browsers to open intrusive Go.querymo.com web-page. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) is scanning, you can see count of objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- After finished, you’ll be displayed the list of all found items on your PC system.
- In order to get rid of all items, simply click the “Quarantine Selected” button. Once the task is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the system.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Double-check for potentially unwanted applications with AdwCleaner
The AdwCleaner tool is free and easy to use. It can scan and remove hijacker infection that redirects your web browser to unwanted Go.querymo.com web site, malicious software, PUPs and ad supported software from PC system (MS Windows 10, 8, 7, XP) and thereby return web browsers default settings (home page, newtab and search engine by default). AdwCleaner is powerful enough to find and delete malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the PC.
- Download AdwCleaner from the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 30, 2018
- After the download is complete, double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this utility is opened, press “Scan” button for checking your computer for the browser hijacker infection which made to redirect your web-browser to the Go.querymo.com web-site. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the AdwCleaner program is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as threat.
- As the scanning ends, you will be shown the list of all found items on your personal computer. In order to remove all items, simply press “Clean” button. It will show a prompt, click “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Run AdBlocker to stop Go.querymo.com and stay safe online
In order to increase your security and protect your machine against new intrusive advertisements and harmful sites, you need to use ad blocking program that stops an access to harmful ads and web pages. Moreover, the program can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program from the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
After the download is finished, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as displayed below.
Follow the prompts. When the installation is finished, you will see a window as shown on the screen below.
You can press “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop-ups, web sites such Go.querymo.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
How was Go.querymo.com hijacker installed on machine
Many hijackers like Go.querymo.com are included in the freeware installer. Most commonly, a user have a chance to disable all included “offers”, but some installers are created to confuse the average users, in order to trick them into installing an adware or potentially unwanted programs. Anyway, easier to prevent the browser hijacker infection rather than clean up your PC system after one. So, keep the web-browser updated (turn on automatic updates), use a good antivirus software, double check a freeware before you start it (do a google search, scan a downloaded file with VirusTotal), avoid malicious and unknown sites.
Now your PC should be free of the hijacker that cause a reroute to Go.querymo.com web-page. Uninstall AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep Zemana Free (to periodically scan your machine for new browser hijackers and other malicious software) and AdGuard (to help you stop annoying ads and harmful web-sites). Moreover, to prevent hijackers, please stay clear of unknown and third party applications, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to detect PUPs (potentially unwanted programs).
If you need more help with Go.querymo.com homepage related issues, go to our Spyware/Malware removal forum.