If your FF, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and MS Edge web browser startpage have changed to Big Farm somehow, and you have tried to modify homepage and search provider from internet browser settings, but it did not help, then it’s possible that your machine is infected with nasty potentially unwanted program from the browser hijacker family. The browser hijacker virus is an one type of unwanted programs which modifies browsers settings without your’s permission, to reroute you into unwanted pages. The virus commonly rewrite the Google Chrome, IE, Firefox and Edge current startpage, newtab and search engine by default with its own.
A malicious software which may introduce certain unwanted changes to settings of internet browsers on Big Farm mostly affects only Chrome, IE, FF and MS Edge. However, possible situations, when any other web-browsers will be affected too. The Big Farm browser virus can change the Target property of web browser’s shortcuts, so every time you open the web-browser, instead of your startpage, you will see a completely different web-page.
Table of contents
- What is Big Farm
- How to remove Big Farm virus
- Remove Big Farm redirect virus without any tools
- How to automatically delete Big Farm browser hijacker virus
- Use AdBlocker to stop Big Farm redirect and stay safe online
- How did Big Farm virus get on your system
- Finish words
Besides the fact that Big Farm virus rewrites your start page, this undesired site can set yourself as your search provider. But, obviously, it does not give you a good search results, as they will consist of tons of advertisements, links to unwanted and ad web sites and only the remaining part is search results for your query from the major search engines. Of course, the very fact that you encounter with the inability to properly search the Internet, is an unpleasant moment. Moreover, the Big Farm browser hijacker virus can collect personal information, and in the future to transfer it to third parties. What creates the risk of theft of your personal data.
Also, adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) can be installed on the machine together with Big Farm hijacker virus. It will insert lots of advertisements directly to the sites which you view, creating a sense that ads has been added by the creators of the web page. Moreover, legal ads may be replaced on fake ads which will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful programs. Moreover, the Big Farm browser hijacker virus has the ability to collect a wide variety of user data, which may be later used for marketing purposes.
We recommend you to get rid of Big Farm virus and clean your computer of virus as quickly as possible, until the presence of the browser hijacker virus has not led to even worse consequences. Complete the step by step tutorial below that will help you to completely delete Big Farm redirect virus, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free utilities.
How to remove Big Farm virus
As with uninstalling adware, malware or potentially unwanted applications, there are few steps you may do. We suggest trying them all. If you do only one part of the tutorial, then it should be run malicious software removal utility, because it should delete hijacker virus and stop any further infection. But to completely get rid of the Big Farm you’ll have to at least reset your browser settings like new tab, homepage and search engine by default to default state, disinfect personal browsers shortcuts, delete all unwanted and suspicious applications, and remove virus with malicious software removal tools. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your browser or reboot your PC.
Remove Big Farm redirect virus without any tools
The instructions will help you delete Big Farm redirect virus. These Big Farm removal steps work for the Google Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system.
Uninstall Big Farm associated software by using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
The process of virus removal is generally the same across all versions of Microsoft Windows OS from 10 to XP. To start with, it is necessary to check the list of installed programs on your computer and uninstall all unused, unknown and suspicious applications.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, press “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all programs installed on the system.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video guidance below.
Fix web-browser shortcuts, altered by Big Farm hijacker virus
Important to know, most anti-malware programs which are able to remove browser hijacker virus, but unable to find and recover modified shortcuts. So, you need to fix the desktop shortcuts for your Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers manually.
Right click on the web-browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://site.address” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe.
To save changes, click OK . You need to clean all web browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, FF and Microsoft Edge.
Remove Big Farm virus from FF
If your Firefox browser startpage has modified to Big Farm without your permission or a an unknown search engine displays results for your search, then it may be time to perform the web browser reset.
First, open the Firefox and press button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Further, click the Help button () like below
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a process to fix your problems that caused by the Big Farm hijacker virus. Once, it is done, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Big Farm virus from Chrome
First start the Chrome. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the main menu. Further, click the option named “Settings”. Another way to show the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter.
The web-browser will show the settings screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, like below and press the “Reset settings” button.
The Chrome will display the confirmation dialog box. You need to confirm your action, press the “Reset” button. The browser will start the task of cleaning. Once it’s finished, the internet browser’s settings including home page, new tab page and default search provider back to the values that have been when the Chrome was first installed on your system.
Get rid of Big Farm redirect virus from IE
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your web-browser is hijacked or you have unwanted addo-ons or toolbars on your browser, that installed by an malicious software.
First, open the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown on the screen below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
How to automatically delete Big Farm browser hijacker virus
In order to completely remove Big Farm, you not only need to delete it from the browsers, but also remove all its components in your machine including Windows registry entries. We suggest to download and use free removal utilities to automatically clean your PC system of Big Farm browser virus.
Use Zemana Anti-malware to remove Big Farm redirect virus
You can remove Big Farm redirect virus automatically with a help of Zemana Anti-malware. We recommend this malicious software removal tool because it can easily delete browser hijacker viruss, potentially unwanted programs, adware and toolbars with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
- Please download Zemana anti-malware to your desktop by clicking on the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After downloading is complete, please close all software and open windows on your personal computer. Next, start a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana anti malware onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the anti-malware will run and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button to start checking your PC system for the virus and web-browser’s malicious extensions. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. When a malware, ‘ad supported’ software or potentially unwanted software are found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When the system scan is finished, you will be displayed the list of all detected threats on your PC system.
- In order to get rid of all items, simply click the “Next” button to start cleaning your computer. Once the process is finished, you may be prompted to restart the machine.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Remove Big Farm redirect virus with Malwarebytes
Manual Big Farm redirect virus removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the virus may be not completely removed. We suggest that run the Malwarebytes Free that are completely free your PC of hijacker virus. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malware, PUPs, ad supported software and toolbars that your PC may be infected too.
- Download Malwarebytes (MBAM) by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- Once downloading is done, close all programs and windows on your personal computer. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is complete, click the “Scan Now” button for scanning your machine for the virus and other malware and adware. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your personal computer and the speed of your computer. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- As the scanning ends, it’ll open you the results. Review the report and then click “Quarantine Selected”. Once disinfection is done, you can be prompted to reboot your personal computer.
The following video offers a step-by-step guide on how to get rid of browser hijacker with Malwarebytes.
Remove Big Farm hijacker virus and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner
The AdwCleaner utility is free and easy to use. It can scan and remove hijacker virus such as Big Farm, malicious software, potentially unwanted programs and adware in Google Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge internet browsers and thereby revert back their default settings (new tab page, homepage and search engine by default). AdwCleaner is powerful enough to find and delete malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the PC system.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: November 17, 2018
- Once the download is complete, double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this utility is started, press “Scan” button . This will begin scanning the whole PC system to find out Big Farm virus . A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC system. While the tool is checking, you may see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
- When it has finished scanning, it will display a list of all threats found by this utility. When you are ready, press “Clean” button. It will open a prompt, click “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Use AdBlocker to stop Big Farm redirect and stay safe online
We recommend to install an adblocker program that can stop Big Farm and other unwanted web pages. The ad-blocker utility like AdGuard is a program which basically removes advertising from the Internet and stops access to malicious web pages. Moreover, security experts says that using ad blocking applications is necessary to stay safe when surfing the Internet.
Installing the AdGuard ad-blocker application is simple. First you will need to download AdGuard by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
When downloading is finished, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as shown on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick instructions as on the image below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you run your machine, AdGuard will run automatically and stop popups, Big Farm redirect, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
How did Big Farm virus get on your system
Now your personal computer should be clean of the Big Farm virus. Uninstall AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your computer for new malicious software, browser hijackers and ad-supported software) and AdGuard (to help you block intrusive advertisements and malicious web pages). Moreover, to prevent browser hijackers, please stay clear of unknown and third party programs, make sure that your antivirus application, turn on the option to find PUPs (potentially unwanted programs).
If you need more help with Big Farm redirect virus related issues, go to our Spyware/Malware removal forum.