The appearance of unwanted r.srvtrck.com pop-up advertisements in your browser means that your PC is infected with an adware. It makes changes to the system settings and configures itself so as to start automatically each time the PC is turned on. Immediately after startup, the adware begins to monitor the user’s actions and insert advertisements directly into the open windows of the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. So, if you notice that your browser has become open this website, then you do not need to wait . Follow the guide below and remove r.srvtrck.com redirect as quickly as possible.
The ad supported software can change the settings of the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, but often that a malicious software such as this can also infect all types of web-browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time start the browser to see r.srvtrck.com annoying ads.
The adware is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, changes internet browser settings and blocks them from changing. Also the ad supported software can install additional web-browser extensions, addons and modules that will inject advertising links within the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge’s screen. Moreover, the adware may install a browser hijacker that once started, will modify the web-browser’s homepage and search engine. And finally, the ad supported software can collect a wide variety of personal information such as what pages you are opening, what you are looking for the World Wide Web and so on. This information, in the future, may be transferred to third parties.
So, obviously, you need to get rid of the adware as soon as possible. Use the free guide below. This guide will help you clean your system and remove the r.srvtrck.com annoying ads.
How does r.srvtrck.com ads get installed onto computer
Probably, the ad supported software get installed onto your system when you have installed a free programs like E-Mail checker, PDF creator, video codec, etc. Because, most commonly the adware is bundled within the installation packages from Softonic, Cnet, Soft32, Brothersoft or other similar pages. Even removing the program that contains adware, does not help you remove the r.srvtrck.com advertising banners. Therefore, you must follow the step-by-step guide below to uninstall all unwanted ads.
How to manually remove r.srvtrck.com redirect
This instructions will help you remove r.srvtrck.com ads. These r.srvtrck.com removal steps work for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system. Some of the steps may require you to close the internet browser or reboot your system. So, bookmark or print it for later reference.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete r.srvtrck.com redirect
- Get rid of r.srvtrck.com pop-up ads in Google Chrome
- Remove r.srvtrck.com advertisements from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove r.srvtrck.com advertisements from Microsoft Internet Explorer
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the personal computer cleanup is to remove unknown and suspicious software. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, for one simple reason, many free programs at its installation additionally set various unneeded software that most often generate annoying advertisements and redirect your browser to r.srvtrck.com web-site. So, remove the unneeded applications may cleanup your browser from popups, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed programs.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete r.srvtrck.com redirect
Now you need to clean up the browser shortcuts. Check that the shortcut referring to the right exe-file of the browser, and not on any unknown file. Right click to a desktop shortcut for your browser. Choose the “Properties” option.
It will open the Properties window. Select the “Shortcut” tab here, after that, look at the “Target” field. The adware can replace it. If you are seeing something like “…exe http://web.site.address” then you need to remove “http…” and leave only, depending on the browser you are using:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
Look at the example on the screen below. Once is done, press the “OK” button to save the changes. Please repeat this step for browser shortcuts which redirects to an unwanted sites. When you have completed, go to next step.
Get rid of r.srvtrck.com pop-up ads in Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to get rid of the malware and adware extensions, as well as to restore the web-browser’s settings that have been modified by adware.
- Open the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again. Press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Click on the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your internet browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your home page, newtab page and search provider by default.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove r.srvtrck.com advertisements from Mozilla Firefox
If the Firefox settings have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto r.srvtrck.com ads.
Run the Firefox and press button to show the Tools menu. It displays the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will show the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the adware. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Remove r.srvtrck.com advertisements from Microsoft Internet Explorer
Run Internet Explorer, press . Click “Internet Options” as shown below. In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button. You will now need to restart your PC system for the changes to take effect. It will restore the IE’s settings to default state, disable ad-supported browser’s extensions and remove the redirect to the r.srvtrck.com unwanted web page.
How to get rid of r.srvtrck.com automatically
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users can not completely remove popup ads from the infected computer. This is because the ad supported software can hide its components which are difficult for you to find out and get rid of completely. This may lead to the fact that after some time, the ad supported software again infect your computer and it will begin to open annoying r.srvtrck.com ads. Moreover, I want to note that it is not always safe to remove the ad supported software manually, if you do not have much experience in setting up and configuring the PC.
I suggest using the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. The Anti-malware is an advanced malware removal program developed by MalwareBytes. This application uses the world’s most popular anti-malware technology. It is able to help you remove browser hijackers, malware, adware, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your computer for free.
Now, click the link below to download MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free on your PC. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: January 25, 2017
Once the downloading process is finished, close all applications and windows on your system. Next, start the setup file named mbam-setup. When a “Security warning” prompt pops up as shown below, click the Run button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” dialog box that will help you install MalwareBytes Anti-malware on your system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is finished successfully, press Finish button. Then MalwareBytes Anti-malware will automatically start and you can see its main screen as shown below.
Now click the “Scan Now” button to begin scanning your personal computer for the adware that cause a redirect to r.srvtrck.com. When a malware is found, the number of the detected objects will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is finished. Please be patient.
As the scanning ends, you can check all threats detected on your PC. Make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected” button. The MalwareBytes Anti-malware will start removing r.srvtrck.com ads and other security threats. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
I recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the Anti-malware to remove ad supported software and other malware.
Block r.srvtrck.com pop-up ads and other unwanted web-sites
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying advertisements and malicious web-pages, you need to use program that blocks access to malicious advertising links and web sites. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: August 16, 2016
Follow the prompts. After installation is complete, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop-up ads, sites such r.srvtrck.com, as well as other dangerous or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with r.srvtrck.com advertisements is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the r.srvtrck.com , then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Category: Security tools
Update: March 4, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that generates the r.srvtrck.com advertising links.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will open a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for r.srvtrck.com removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the annoying r.srvtrck.com redirect.