The internetwait.com is a web site that shows unwanted ads and can redirect to other ad pages. If the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge opens this web-site then most probably that your PC system is infected with an ad supported software.
The adware usually affects only the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge by changing the internet browser’s settings or installing a dangerous extensions (addons). Moreover, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The ad supported software will perform a scan of the PC for web-browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the browser shortcuts, it will add the argument like ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you run the internet browser, you will see an annoying internetwait.com site.
While your system is infected with the adware, the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge may be rerouted to internetwait.com unwanted web page. Of course, the ad supported software may not cause damages to your files or Windows system, but it may display a ton of annoying advertisements. These advertising links will be injected within the content of web-sites that are you opening in your web-browser. The ads can be varied: pop-up ads, in-text ads, different sized banners, offers to install an questionable software. The advertising links will appear on all web-pages, including web sites where previously you have never seen any advertising links.
So, obviously, you need to get rid of the ad supported software as soon as possible. Use the free few simple steps below. This guide will help you clean your computer and remove the internetwait.com unwanted advertising.
How does internetwait.com pop-ups ads get installed onto system
How to manually remove internetwait.com
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove internetwait.com redirect from the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
- Get rid of suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete internetwait.com redirect
- Remove internetwait.com popup ads from Google Chrome
- Uninstall internetwait.com popup ads from Firefox
- Remove internetwait.com from IE
Get rid of suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and remove the program that causes the appearance of unwanted advertisements and internet browser redirect to unwanted pages, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete internetwait.com redirect
Once installed, the adware may add an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will show the internetwait.com unwanted site.
Right click on the browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that begins with “http://”. Remove it or everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe. Click OK to save changes. You need to clean all browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
Remove internetwait.com popup ads from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to delete the malicious and ad-supported extensions, as well as to restore the browser’s homepage, new tab and default search engine that have been modified by adware.
- Open the Chrome and click on the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Click the “Settings” menu.
- Click “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- Click the “Reset settings” button, that located at the bottom of the Advanced settings page.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the guide How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Uninstall internetwait.com popup ads from Firefox
If the Firefox settings have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto internetwait.com ads.
Run the Firefox and press button to show the Tools menu. It opens the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will open the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the adware. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Remove internetwait.com from IE
Open the Internet Explorer tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the “Internet Options”. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button. You will now need to restart your PC system for the changes to take effect.
How to remove internetwait.com ads with Antimalware
Remove internetwait.com advertisements manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malware, web-browser hijacker and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: December 21, 2016
- Close all programs and windows on your PC. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for the adware which redirects your browser to the internetwait.com annoying page. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is done, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to stop internetwait.com
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying advertising links and malicious web-sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to malicious advertising links and web pages. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: August 16, 2016
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, internetwait.com redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon , which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with internetwait.com popup ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the internetwait.com ads, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Category: Security tools
Update: January 8, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the ad supported software that generates the internetwait.com advertising.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will open a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for internetwait.com pop-up ads removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the annoying internetwait.com advertisements.