Have you opened the browser and found a previously unseen page called iWebs.site? If you answered ‘Yes’ then your need to know that your computer is infected with a browser hijacker. The browser hijacker is a type of malicious software that changes your computer’s internet browser settings so that you are rerouted to an annoying page. You need to perform the guide below as soon as possible to get rid of Iwebs.site and block the ability to penetrate the PC system more dangerous viruses and trojans.
The Iwebs.site browser hijacker can change the settings of the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge, but often that a parasites like this can also infect all types of browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time start the web-browser to see Iwebs.site annoying web site.
Except that the Iwebs.site changes browser’s homepage, it also replaces a search engine, which leads to the fact that use of the web-browser’s search becomes impossible. The reason for this is that the search results will consist of a huge number of ads, links to malicious and misleading pages and only the remaining part is search results for your query from the other, well-known search engines like Google or Bing.
Often, the computer, that has been infected with Iwebs.site browser hijacker infection, will be also infected with an adware, which will open a huge number of various ads. This may be pop-ups, text links in the web-sites, banners where they never had. What is more, the adware may replace the legitimate advertising banners with malicious ads that will offer to download and install malware and unwanted programs or visit the various dangerous and misleading pages.
How to Iwebs.site browser hijacker get installed onto personal computer
How to manually remove Iwebs.site
This few simple steps will help you get rid of Iwebs.site search. These Iwebs.site removal steps work for the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system. Some of the steps may require you to close the browser or reboot your personal computer. So, bookmark or print it for later reference.
- Remove Iwebs.site associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete Iwebs.site
- Remove Iwebs.site from Google Chrome
- Remove Iwebs.site from Firefox
- Remove Iwebs.site from IE
Remove Iwebs.site associated software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the system cleanup is to get rid of unknown and suspicious software. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, for one simple reason, many free software at its installation additionally set various unneeded software that most often generate unwanted ads and redirect your browser to unknown web-sites. So, delete the unneeded programs may cleanup your browser from popups, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed programs.
- Scroll through the all list, and get rid of suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete Iwebs.site startpage
Once installed, this infection may add “http://iwebs.site/” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Due to this, every time you start the internet browser, it will show the annoying start page.
Right click on the browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://iwebs.site/” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe. Click OK to save changes. You need to clean all web-browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge.
Remove Iwebs.site from Google Chrome
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button. Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Remove Iwebs.site from Firefox
Open the Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Iwebs.site from IE
Open the Internet Explorer tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the “Internet Options”. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button. You will now need to restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect.
How to remove Iwebs.site with Antimalware
Remove Iwebs.site hijacker infection manually is difficult and often infection is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove adware and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: May 12, 2017
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Click Next and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for Iwebs.site infection. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
Block Iwebs.site and other similar malicious sites
To increase your security and protect your computer against new unwanted advertising and malicious web pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous advertising links and web-sites. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown below.
Follow the prompts. After installation is complete, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop-up ads, sites such Iwebs.site, as well as other malicious or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with Iwebs.site is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove this infection, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Category: Security tools
Update: July 19, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for Iwebs.site.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for Iwebs.site removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with Iwebs.site removal.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.