What is adrs.me
Have you become that your web-browser randomly displays adrs.me, instead of the one you want to see? it is a sign that you have an installed adware on your computer. The ad supported software is a part of malicious software that created to show a lot of annoying advertising. You need to perform the step-by-step instructions below as soon as possible. It will clear your personal computer from advertising software that generates a large number of ads in the internet browser and thus remove the redirect to the adrs.me web-page.
The adware usually affects only the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge by changing the browser’s settings or installing a malicious extensions (addons). Moreover, possible situations, when any other web-browsers will be affected too. The adware will perform a scan of the PC system for web-browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the browser shortcuts, it will add the argument like ‘http://adrs.me’ into Target property. So, each time you open the browser, you will see an unwanted adrs.me web site.
While your computer is infected with the ad supported software, the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge may be rerouted to adrs.me annoying site. Of course, the adware may not cause damages to your files or Windows system, but it may open a huge number of annoying advertisements. These advertisements will be injected within the content of web-pages that are you opening in your browser. The ads can be varied: pop-up ads, in-text ads, different sized banners, offers to install an questionable software. The ads will appear on all web-sites, including sites where previously you have never seen any ads. In this case, when you open any site, you may see in your web-browser’s status bar the following messages: ‘Waiting for adrs.me’, ‘Transferring data from adrs.me’, ‘Looking up adrs.me’, ‘Read adrs.me’, ‘Connected to adrs.me’.
So, obviously, you need to delete the adware as soon as possible. Use the free few simple steps below. This guide will help you clean your personal computer and remove the adrs.me unwanted advertisements.
How does adrs.me advertisements get installed onto personal computer
Probably, the adware get installed onto your computer when you have installed a freeware like E-Mail checker, PDF creator, video codec, etc. Because, most commonly the adware is bundled within the installation packages from Softonic, Cnet, Soft32, Brothersoft or other similar sites. Even removing the program that contains an adware, does not help you remove the adrs.me advertisements. Therefore, you must follow the instructions below to delete all annoying advertisements.
How to manually remove adrs.me
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually delete adrs.me pop-up ads from the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove adrs.me redirect
- Get rid of adrs.me from Google Chrome
- Remove adrs.me pop-up ads from Firefox
- Remove adrs.me redirect from Internet Explorer
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Click “Uninstall a program” It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove adrs.me redirect
Once installed, the adware may add “http://adrs.me” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. Due to this, every time you run the web-browser, it will display the adrs.me annoying web-page.
Right click on the web-browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://adrs.me” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe. Click OK to save changes. You need to clean all web-browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge.
Get rid of adrs.me from Google Chrome
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button. Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Remove adrs.me pop-up ads from Firefox
Open the Mozilla Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove adrs.me redirect from Internet Explorer
To remove the adrs.me advertisements you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings to the state, they were when the Windows OS was first installed on your computer.
Launch the Internet Explorer. Open the Tools menu (click ‘gear’ icon ). It displays the drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then click the “Internet Options”. In the “Internet Options” dialog screen, you need to click on the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Click on the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next press the “Reset” button. Once the task is done, click “Close” button, then close the Internet Explorer. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to back your web-browser’s settings to default state and disable ad-supported browser’s extensions.
How to remove adrs.me with Antimalware
Remove adrs.me advertisements manually is difficult and often the ad supported software is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your personal computer. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove malware, browser hijacker and toolbars that your personal computer may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: May 12, 2017
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Click Next and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for the ad supported software which redirects your browser to the adrs.me annoying web-page. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block adrs.me
To increase your security and protect your personal computer against new annoying ads and malicious web-sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous advertising and web-sites. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, adrs.me redirects, as well as other malicious or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Remove adrs.me ads and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the annoying adrs.me advertising within the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: August 1, 2017
Once finished, open a directory in which you saved it. You will see a icon like below.
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen like below.
Press “Start” button to perform a system scan for malicious extensions and the adware which displays the advertisements from adrs.me page. Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt.
Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is finished, AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your PC.
When your personal computer is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for adrs.me ads removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the unwanted adrs.me advertisements.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.