Also known as: GeoByPass ads, GeoByPass pop-ups, GeoByPass adware
What is GeoByPass
GeoByPass is a software from the big adware family. This software is called GeoByPass claims to help users access various web pages that are blocked in their countries without restrictions. This functionality might seem legitimate, but in reality this adware is created to continually monitor your’ Internet browsing activity and display a lot of annoying ads.
When GeoByPass is installed and started, it will inject various ads within Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer (Edge) screen. These advertisements can be varied: ads within a browser screen signed with GeoByPass, boxes, in-text ads, different sized banners, pop-ups and so on. What is more, GeoByPass adware may cause your Internet connection to be slow or this adware may to freeze your browser so that the interface is not updated anymore.
Moreover, you will notice that these advertisements depends on the page you are visiting. That is, it is clear that this adware without your permission steals your personal information such as: your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. So, obviously, to protect your privacy and clean your computer, you need to remove GeoByPass as soon as possible.
Common symptom of GeoByPass infection
If you still are not sure that your computer is infected with this adware, then check your computer for the following signs:
- Is your home page or default search engine different than what you originally set it as.
- Your browser displays banner ads where previously you have never seen.
- Your an antivirus or antispyware software detects an adware or PUP infections.
- Internet connection may be slow.
How does a computer get infected with GeoByPass adware
Most malicious programs infects a computer through various vulnerabilities in a browser or operating system. But this ad-supported software gets on your computer quite differently. It is bundled within the installation packages from Softonic, Cnet, Soft32, Brothersoft or other similar web sites. So, when you will install a free program that you need, the GeoByPass will be installed automatically too.
To protect your computer in the future, please read term of use and user agreement very carefully before installing any software, as well as to always choose the manual or advanced installation mode. In this mode, you can turn off all unwanted add-ons, including an adware like the GeoByPass, which will be installed along with the desired program.
How to manually remove GeoByPass ads
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you to remove Ads by GeoByPass adware manually from Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge and Google Chrome.
- Uninstall GeoByPass associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Remove GeoByPass ads from Chrome
- Remove GeoByPass ads from Firefox
- Remove GeoByPass ads from Internet Explorer
Uninstall GeoByPass associated software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type Control panel and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click Start and select Control Panel. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Click Uninstall a program
It will open a list of all programs. Scroll down, select GeoByPass and click Uninstall.
Most important, scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Remove GeoByPass ads from Chrome
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button.
Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Remove GeoByPass ads from Firefox
Open Mozilla Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button ().
In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on Refresh Firefox button.
Confirm your action. Click on the Refresh Firefox.
Remove GeoByPass ads from Internet Explorer
Open the Internet Explorer tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Internet Options.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings window. Select the Delete personal settings check box, then click on Reset button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
How to remove GeoByPass with Antimalware
Remove GeoByPass ads manually is difficult and often infection is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove browser hijackers, malware and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Click Next and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for GeoByPass infection. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block GeoByPass ads
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying ads and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous ads and web-pages. Moreover, the software can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of websites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the Setup Wizard program window. Follow the prompts.
- After installation is complete, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, as well as other malicious or misleading web page. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with GeoByPass ads is still remained
if MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove GeoByPass adware, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 12, 2018
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for GeoByPass adware.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for GeoByPass removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the New Topic button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.