There are many types of malicious programs, the most common type is the internet browser hijacker. The hijacker like Web-start-page.com have a negative impact on the functioning of your PC system by changing the browser’s settings. The main function of any hijacker is redirect you to an unwanted web site, instead of the one that you want to visit. Even if you try to manually open your start page, your web-browser is anyway show another page.
A malicious software that alters the settings of browsers on Web-start-page.com homepage usually affects only Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. However, possible situations, when any other internet browsers will be affected too. The Web-start-page.com browser hijacker infection may alter the Target property of web-browser’s shortcuts, so every time you run the web-browser, instead of your homepage, you will see a completely different web-site.
Besides the fact that Web-start-page.com browser hijacker replaces your home page, this annoying site can set yourself as your search engine. But, obviously, it does not give you a good search results, as they will consist of a ton of advertising banners, links to harmful and misleading web pages and only the remaining part is search results for your query from the major search engines. Of course, the very fact that you encounter with the inability to properly search the Internet, is an unpleasant moment. Moreover, the Web-start-page.com browser hijacker may collect information about you, and in the future to transfer it to third parties. What creates the risk of theft of your personal data.
Although, Web-start-page.com browser hijacker infection is not a virus, but it does bad things, and it changes the settings of your internet browser. Moreover, with this hijacker infection, an ad supported software can be additionally installed on to your PC, that will open a huge number of advertisements, hindering or completely blocking the work in the browser. Often such advertising links may recommend to install other unknown and unwanted software or visit dangerous web-sites. So, it’s very important to disinfect your system as soon as possible. The few simple steps, which is shown below, will allow you to get rid of Web-start-page.com search from the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge and other browsers.
How to Web-start-page.com hijacker get installed onto computer
Probably this browser hijacker get installed onto your system when you have installed a free software such as E-Mail checker, PDF creator, video codec, etc. Because, most commonly Web-start-page.com is bundled within the setup packages from Softonic, Cnet, Soft32, Brothersoft or other similar web-pages. Even removing this program, your browser settings will not be restored. Therefore, you must follow the guide below to restore your home page, newtab page and search provider by default.
How to manually remove Web-start-page.com
This useful removal guide for the Web-start-page.com . The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to remove Web-start-page.com search let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
- Remove Web-start-page.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Remove Web-start-page.com search from Chrome
- Remove Web-start-page.com homepage from FF
- Get rid of Web-start-page.com startpage in Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Web-start-page.com search
Remove Web-start-page.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to start the system cleanup is to uninstall unknown and suspicious applications. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, for one simple reason, many free programs at its installation additionally set various unneeded software that most often generate unwanted advertising links and redirect your browser to unknown and malicious web sites. So, remove the unneeded programs may cleanup your browser from popups, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will open a list of all applications installed on the personal computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Remove Web-start-page.com search from Chrome
Like other modern browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thus restore the start page and search provider by default that have been replaced by the Web-start-page.com browser hijacker.
First start the Chrome. Next press on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will appear the main menu. Click on the option named “Settings”. Another way to open the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. The internet browser will show the settings screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and press the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, as on the image below and click the “Reset settings” button. The Google Chrome will display the confirmation dialog box. You need to confirm your action. Press the “Reset” button. The web-browser will begin the process of cleaning and when it’s done, the web-browser’s settings including homepage, new tab page and search engine by default back to the values that have been when the Google Chrome was first installed on your PC system.
Remove Web-start-page.com homepage from FF
If the Firefox settings such as homepage and search engine by default have been changed by the browser hijacker, then resetting it to the default state can help.
First, launch the Firefox and click button to display the Tools menu. It shows the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, click the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will open the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the Web-start-page.com hijacker. Once, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
Get rid of Web-start-page.com startpage in Microsoft Internet Explorer
First, start the Internet Explorer, click ). Click “Internet Options” as shown below. In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button. You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. It will remove Web-start-page.com hijacker, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the IE’s homepage to default state.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Web-start-page.com startpage
During the installation, this browser hijacker may also change the browser’s shortcuts, adding “http://web-start-page.com/” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you launch the internet browser, it will open this annoying site.
To clear the internet browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://web-start-page.com/” that has been added here. You need to remove it. When the text is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
How to remove Web-start-page.com with Antimalware
Manual removal Web-start-page.com redirect requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the hijacker may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malware, ad-supported software (adware) and toolbars that your PC may be infected too.
- Please download MalwareBytes Anti-malware to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: January 25, 2017
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download process is finished, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- This will launch the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti-malware onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Antimalware will start and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button for the browser hijacker infection removal scan. It will begin scanning your PC for the browser hijacker infection which redirects your internet browser to the Web-start-page.com unwanted site. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the MalwareBytes Anti-malware has finished scanning, it will display a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, press the “Remove Selected” button to start cleaning your system. Once the process is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stop Web-start-page.com
To increase your security and protect your system against new unwanted advertising links and dangerous pages, you need to use application that blocks access to malicious advertising and pages. Moreover, the software can block the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: August 16, 2016
- After the download is finished, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, pages such Web-start-page.com, as well as other dangerous or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Remove Web-start-page.com browser hijacker infection and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot get rid of this infection, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 4, 2017
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen as shown below.
Press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for Web-start-page.com browser hijacker and browser’s malicious extensions. Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will display a scan report as shown on the image below.
Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt.
Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is complete, the AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your PC.
When your computer is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for Web-start-page.com removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with Web-start-page.com removal.