Please help. So I have windows 8. On Amazon, internet explorer displays advertisements that signed with Offers4U. Moreover, some random words in all websites highlighted and when I run the cursor across an add will pop up.
I suggests MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. In addition, use the free utilities Junkware Removal Tool and AdwCleaner. Download these free tools from here http://www.myantispyware.com/download/
- Once downloaded, disconnect your PC from the Internet
- Run AdwCleaner. Without changing any options, press Scan to begin. Please be patient. When the program has completed its task, if threats are detected press Clean button to remove them.
- Run JRT. You will see a black box – command Prompt. You will need to press any key to perform a system scan. The program will now perform a system scan to detect adware, malware PUPs and other junkware. Once this scan is completed, Junkware Removal Tool will automatically start a cleaning process.
- Run “mbam-setup” to start the installation of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. It will open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Setup Wizard. Follow the prompts. When the installation is done, click to “Scan now” to perform a system scan. When the scan has completed, click on the “Remove Selected” button.
- Reset your browser’s settings.
- Reboot your computer and enable Internet connection.