What is Ultimate-detection.com?
There are many scam web-sites on the Internet and Ultimate-detection.com is one of them. It is a site which tricks computer users into subscribing to push notifications. The push notifications promote ‘free’ online games, free gifts scams, suspicious web browser add-ons, adult web pages, and fake downloads.
Ultimate-detection.com is a misleading site that states that clicking ‘Allow’ button is necessary to watch a video, download a file, connect to the Internet, enable Flash Player, access the content of the web site, and so on. Once you click on the ‘Allow’ button, this web site gets your permission to send push notifications in form of popup advertisements in the right bottom corner of the screen.
|Name||Ultimate-detection.com pop up|
|Type||spam push notifications, browser notification spam, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||social engineering attack, adware software, PUPs, misleading pop-up ads|
|Removal||Ultimate-detection.com removal guide|
Where the Ultimate-detection.com pop ups comes from
Cyber threat analysts have determined that users are redirected to Ultimate-detection.com by adware or from malicious advertisements. Adware is a term that originates from ‘ad supported’ software. In most cases, ‘adware software’ is considered by many to be synonymous with ‘malware’. Its purpose is to make revenue for its developer by displaying unwanted ads to a user while the user is surfing the Internet.
Remove Ultimate-detection.com notifications from web-browsers
If you’ve clicked the “Allow” button in the Ultimate-detection.com pop-up and gave a notification permission, you should delete this notification permission first from your web browser settings. To delete the Ultimate-detection.com permission to send push notifications to your PC system, execute the following steps. These steps are for Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Android.
- In the right upper corner of the screen, click on ‘three vertical dots’, and this will open up the main menu on Google Chrome.
- Select ‘Settings’. Then, scroll down to the bottom where it says ‘Advanced’.
- Scroll down to the ‘Privacy and security’ section, select ‘Site settings’.
- Click on ‘Notifications’.
- Find the Ultimate-detection.com URL and click the three vertical dots button next to it, then click on ‘Remove’.
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘Notifications’.
- Find and tap the web-browser which shows Ultimate-detection.com notifications advertisements.
- In the opened window, locate Ultimate-detection.com site, other dubious URLs and set the toggle button to ‘OFF’ on them one-by-one.
- In the top right hand corner, click the Firefox menu (three bars).
- Choose ‘Options’ and click on ‘Privacy & Security’ on the left hand side of the screen.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ section and click ‘Settings…’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Select the Ultimate-detection.com domain from the list and change the status to ‘Block’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ button.
- In the right upper corner, click the Edge menu button (it looks like three dots).
- Scroll down, find and click ‘Settings’. In the left side select ‘Advanced’.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button, located beneath ‘Website permissions’.
- Click the switch under the Ultimate-detection.com so that it turns off.
- Click the Gear button on the top right corner of the window.
- When the drop-down menu appears, click on ‘Internet Options’.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ tab and click ‘Settings below ‘Pop-up Blocker’ section.
- Select the Ultimate-detection.com and other questionable URLs below and remove them one by one by clicking the ‘Remove’ button.
- On the top menu select ‘Safari’, then ‘Preferences’.
- Select the ‘Websites’ tab and then select ‘Notifications’ section on the left panel.
- Check for Ultimate-detection.com site, other suspicious URLs and apply the ‘Deny’ option for each.
How to remove Ultimate-detection.com popups from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
Not all unwanted applications such as adware software which causes pop-ups are easily uninstallable. You might see pop-ups, deals, text links, in-text advertisements, banners and other type of ads in the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge and might not be able to figure out the program responsible for this activity. The reason for this is that many undesired applications neither appear in MS Windows Control Panel. Therefore in order to fully get rid of Ultimate-detection.com advertisements, you need to follow the steps below. Certain of the steps below will require you to close this web site. So, please read the guidance carefully, after that bookmark it or open it on your smartphone for later reference.
To remove Ultimate-detection.com pop ups, execute the following steps:
- Remove Ultimate-detection.com notifications from web-browsers
- Manual Ultimate-detection.com popup advertisements removal
- Automatic Removal of Ultimate-detection.com popups
- Stop Ultimate-detection.com pop up advertisements
Manual Ultimate-detection.com popup advertisements removal
In most cases, it’s possible to manually remove Ultimate-detection.com pop-up advertisements. This way does not involve the use of any tricks or removal utilities. You just need to recover the normal settings of the device and web-browser. This can be done by following a few simple steps below. If you want to quickly remove Ultimate-detection.com popups, as well as perform a full scan of your device, we recommend that you run adware removal utilities, which are listed below.
Remove unwanted or newly added apps
Some of potentially unwanted programs, adware and hijackers can be uninstalled using the Add/Remove programs utility that is located in the MS Windows Control Panel. So, if you are running any version of Windows and you have noticed an unwanted application, then first try to get rid of it through Add/Remove programs.
Make sure you have closed all web browsers and other apps. Next, delete any unwanted and suspicious applications from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, press the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Select “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of apps installed on your computer. Most probably, one of them is the adware which causes the Ultimate-detection.com popups. Select the dubious application or the application that name is not familiar to you and remove it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in Microsoft Windows, select “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, select “Uninstall a program”.
Choose the suspicious or any unknown applications, then click “Uninstall/Change” button to uninstall this unwanted program from your personal computer.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Select an undesired program, then click “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Remove Ultimate-detection.com advertisements from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings to remove Ultimate-detection.com ads. If you’re still experiencing issues with Ultimate-detection.com pop up advertisements removal, you need to reset Google Chrome browser to its default state. This step needs to be performed only if adware software has not been removed by the previous steps.
First launch the Chrome. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will show the Chrome menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed addons. If the list has the addon signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Chrome menu once again. Further, click the option called “Settings”.
The internet browser will display the settings screen. Another solution to display the Google Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the web browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, as shown in the figure below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Google Chrome will show the confirmation dialog box similar to the one below.
You need to confirm your action, click the “Reset” button. The internet browser will start the procedure of cleaning. When it’s finished, the web browser’s settings including default search provider, new tab page and home page back to the values that have been when the Chrome was first installed on your personal computer.
Delete Ultimate-detection.com pop-up ads from Mozilla Firefox
Resetting your Mozilla Firefox is first troubleshooting step for any issues with your web browser program, including the redirect to Ultimate-detection.com website. Your saved bookmarks, form auto-fill information and passwords won’t be cleared or changed.
First, launch the Firefox and click button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Further, click the Help button () as displayed below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown in the figure below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will start a process to fix your problems that caused by the Ultimate-detection.com adware. After, it is done, click the “Finish” button.
Get rid of Ultimate-detection.com pop-ups from Internet Explorer
In order to restore all web browser homepage, newtab page and search provider you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the MS Windows was installed on your device.
First, start the IE, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options” as displayed on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as on the image below.
After the process is finished, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s newtab page, home page and search provider by default to default state.
Automatic Removal of Ultimate-detection.com popups
Best Ultimate-detection.com advertisements removal tool should scan for and remove adware, malware, potentially unwanted applications, toolbars, keyloggers, browser hijackers, worms, Trojans, and ads generators. The key is locating one with a good reputation and these features. Most quality programs listed below offer a free scan and malicious software removal so you can look for and uninstall unwanted applications without having to pay.
Run Zemana AntiMalware to get rid of Ultimate-detection.com ads
Zemana Free is a complete package of antimalware tools. Despite so many features, it does not reduce the performance of your computer. Zemana has the ability to remove almost all the forms of adware including Ultimate-detection.com pop up advertisements, browser hijackers, potentially unwanted applications and harmful internet browser extensions. Zemana AntiMalware has real-time protection that can defeat most malicious software. You can use Zemana Free with any other anti-virus without any conflicts.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of Zemana for Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- When the downloading process is done, close all programs and windows on your PC system. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware software responsible for Ultimate-detection.com ads. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is finished.
- When the scanning is done, Zemana AntiMalware will show a scan report. In order to delete all items, simply click “Next”. After finished, you may be prompted to reboot your device.
Remove Ultimate-detection.com pop-up advertisements from browsers with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a portable application which requires no hard installation to locate and delete adware that causes pop-ups. The application itself is small in size (only a few Mb). Hitman Pro does not need any drivers and special dlls. It’s probably easier to use than any alternative malware removal tools you’ve ever tried. HitmanPro works on 64 and 32-bit versions of MS Windows 10, 8, 7 and XP. It proves that removal utility can be just as useful as the widely known antivirus programs.
- First, click the following link, then press the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Hitman Pro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the download is done, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this tool is launched, click “Next” button to start scanning your PC for the adware software which causes popups. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your personal computer and the speed of your personal computer. When a malware, adware software or potentially unwanted applications are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When HitmanPro is done scanning your PC system, HitmanPro will show a list of found threats. Review the report and then press “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malicious software found.
Get rid of Ultimate-detection.com pop-up ads with MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM)
You can remove Ultimate-detection.com ads automatically with a help of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM). We suggest this free malicious software removal tool because it may easily remove browser hijackers, adware, PUPs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
Please go to the link below to download MalwareBytes Free. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once the download is complete, close all apps and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBSetup similar to the one below.
When the installation begins, you will see the Setup wizard that will help you install Malwarebytes on your computer.
Once setup is finished, you’ll see window such as the one below.
Now click the “Scan” button to search for adware that causes Ultimate-detection.com ads in your internet browser. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes Free is checking, you may see number of objects it has identified either as being malware.
As the scanning ends, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) will display a list of all items detected by the scan. Review the results once the tool has done the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Quarantine” button.
The Malwarebytes will now remove adware software that causes Ultimate-detection.com pop-up ads and move the selected items to the Quarantine. After the cleaning procedure is complete, you may be prompted to reboot your personal computer.
The following video explains step-by-step tutorial on how to delete browser hijacker, adware and other malicious software with MalwareBytes Free.
Stop Ultimate-detection.com pop up advertisements
One of the worst things is the fact that you cannot block all those annoying web-sites like Ultimate-detection.com using only built-in MS Windows capabilities. However, there is a application out that you can use to stop annoying web browser redirects, ads and popups in any modern web browsers including Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, IE and Mozilla Firefox. It’s named Adguard and it works very well.
AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
When the downloading process is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as displayed in the figure below.
Follow the prompts. After the setup is done, you will see a window as displayed in the figure below.
You can press “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired ads, block Ultimate-detection.com, as well as other harmful or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
Now your PC should be clean of the adware responsible for Ultimate-detection.com popup ads. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted advertisements and annoying malicious web-pages) and Zemana (to periodically scan your PC for new adware softwares and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of Ultimate-detection.com advertisements from the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and MS Edge, then ask for help here here.