What is Turbo Ad Blocker
Turbo Ad Blocker is supposed to be a browser extension that will improve the browsing experience, but according to security researchers, it is an adware. Adware is form of software that can cause problems for your web-browser. It can generate numerous additional pop-up, banner, pop-under and in-text link advertisements flooding on your web-browser; collect your confidential information like login details, online searches, etc; run in the background and drag down your device running speed; give more chances for other adware, PUPs even malicious software to get on your PC.
Another reason why you need to remove Turbo Ad Blocker is its online data-tracking activity. It is able to gather lots of your user info such as what websites you are opening, what you are looking for the Internet and so on. This user data, afterwards, may be sold to third party companies.
Take a deep breath. Learn everything you should know about Turbo Ad Blocker removal, how to remove annoying advertisements from your browser and personal computer. Find the best free adware and malware removal tools here!
How does Turbo Ad Blocker get on your computer
|Name||Turbo Ad Blocker|
|Type||adware software, PUP (potentially unwanted program), pop up virus, pop ups, pop up advertisements|
|Removal||Turbo Ad Blocker removal guide|
How to remove Turbo Ad Blocker from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
We recommend opting for automatic Turbo Ad Blocker removal in order to remove all adware related entries easily. This way requires scanning the device with reputable antimalware, e.g. Zemana Free, MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) or HitmanPro. However, if you prefer manual removal steps, you can follow the guidance below in this article. Read it once, after doing so, please bookmark this page (or open it on your smartphone) as you may need to close your web browser or reboot your device.
To remove Turbo Ad Blocker, execute the steps below:
- Manual Turbo Ad Blocker adware removal
- Automatic Removal of Turbo Ad Blocker
- How to stay safe online
Manual Turbo Ad Blocker adware removal
Most adware software can be uninstalled manually, without the use of antivirus software or other removal tools. The manual steps below will show you how to remove Turbo Ad Blocker adware step by step. Although each of the steps is easy and does not require special knowledge, but you are not sure that you can finish them, then use the free utilities, a list of which is given below.
Remove recently added PUPs
The best way to begin the computer cleanup is to delete unknown and suspicious apps. Using the MS Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded programs can clean up the Firefox, MS Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Google Chrome from pop-up advertisements, hijackers and so on.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel like the one below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all apps installed on your personal computer. Scroll through the all list, and remove any dubious and unknown applications.
Remove Turbo Ad Blocker from Google Chrome
If your Chrome web browser is hijacked by Turbo Ad Blocker, it may be necessary to completely reset your internet browser program to its default settings.
- First, start the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed addons. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Turbo Ad Blocker from Mozilla Firefox
If Firefox settings are hijacked by the adware software, your browser displays intrusive popup advertisements, then ‘Reset Firefox’ could solve these problems. It will save your personal information such as saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
Launch the Mozilla Firefox and press the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will open the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown in the figure below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the Turbo Ad Blocker adware. After, it’s complete, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Turbo Ad Blocker from Internet Explorer
In order to recover all web-browser default search engine, home page and new tab page you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your personal computer.
First, open the Internet Explorer, press ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The IE will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your personal computer for the changes to take effect. It will remove Turbo Ad Blocker , disable malicious and adware browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings like search engine by default, newtab page and startpage to default state.
Automatic Removal of Turbo Ad Blocker
Using a malware removal utility to detect and delete adware hiding on your computer is probably the simplest way to remove the Turbo Ad Blocker adware. We suggests the Zemana Free application for MS Windows computers. HitmanPro and MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) are other antimalware tools for Microsoft Windows that offers a free malicious software removal.
Run Zemana Anti-Malware to remove Turbo Ad Blocker adware
Download Zemana Anti-Malware to delete Turbo Ad Blocker automatically from all of your browsers. This is a freeware utility specially developed for malicious software removal. This utility can delete adware, hijacker from Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Chrome and Microsoft Edge and Windows registry automatically.
Please go to the following link to download the latest version of Zemana for MS Windows. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After downloading is complete, close all applications and windows on your device. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup as displayed in the figure below.
When the install begins, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will allow you setup Zemana Anti Malware on your PC system.
Once install is finished, you will see window as on the image below.
Now click the “Scan” button to begin checking your PC for the Turbo Ad Blocker . This procedure may take quite a while, so please be patient.
After the scan is finished, a list of all threats found is produced. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click “Next” button.
The Zemana will delete Turbo Ad Blocker adware software.
Use HitmanPro to get rid of Turbo Ad Blocker
HitmanPro is a completely free (30 day trial) tool. You do not need expensive solutions to get rid of Turbo Ad Blocker adware and other misleading programs. Hitman Pro will uninstall all the unwanted programs like adware software and browser hijackers at zero cost.
- First, please go to the following link, then press the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Hitman Pro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When downloading is complete, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this utility is started, click “Next” button to start checking your computer for the Turbo Ad Blocker adware. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your device. While the Hitman Pro tool is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
- When Hitman Pro has finished scanning, you may check all threats detected on your device. Review the results once the tool has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malicious software found.
How to remove Turbo Ad Blocker with MalwareBytes Free
If you are still having problems with the Turbo Ad Blocker adware — or just wish to scan your PC system occasionally for adware software and other malicious software — download MalwareBytes. It is free for home use, and finds and removes various unwanted software that attacks your PC or degrades PC system performance. MalwareBytes Free can delete adware software, PUPs as well as malware, including ransomware and trojans.
Installing the MalwareBytes is simple. First you will need to download MalwareBytes AntiMalware from the link below. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
When the download is done, close all apps and windows on your PC. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBSetup as displayed in the figure below.
When the installation starts, you’ll see the Setup wizard that will help you install Malwarebytes on your device.
Once installation is complete, you’ll see window like below.
Now click the “Scan” button . MalwareBytes Free program will scan through the whole PC for the Turbo Ad Blocker adware. This task can take some time, so please be patient. When a malware, adware or PUPs are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is done.
Once MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) has finished scanning your computer, MalwareBytes Free will show a scan report. Review the report and then press “Quarantine” button.
The Malwarebytes will now delete Turbo Ad Blocker adware and move the selected threats to the program’s quarantine. After finished, you may be prompted to reboot your computer.
The following video explains tutorial on how to delete browser hijacker, adware and other malicious software with MalwareBytes.
How to stay safe online
It is also critical to protect your web browsers from harmful web-sites and advertisements by using an adblocker program such as AdGuard. Security experts says that it’ll greatly reduce the risk of malware, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard may also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
- Click the link below to download the latest version of AdGuard for MS Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the installation is finished, press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block malicious and misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
After completing the tutorial above, your computer should be clean from this adware and other malicious software. The MS Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome will no longer display an unwanted ads when you surf the Net. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step instructions does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the Turbo Ad Blocker adware.