What is Your Lovely Tab?
According to experienced security researchers, Your Lovely Tab is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) from the group of Browser hijackers. Browser hijacker is a kind of software that is designed to change the web-browser settings without the knowledge or permission of the computer user, and it usually redirects the affected system’s internet browser to some advertisement-related web-pages. A browser hijacker initiates numerous pop ups, generates multiple pop-up advertisements, redirects user web searches to its own web-site, installs multiple toolbars on the browser and modifies the default browser search provider or start page. If your device has been infected by a browser hijacker you may need to follow manual steps or use a malware removal tool to revert changes made to your browsers.
Typically, browser hijackers and PUPs promote fake search engines by setting their address as the home page or search engine of the affected browser. In this case, the Your Lovely Tab browser hijacker changes browser settings to quicknewtab.com. That is, in other words, this browser hijacker is created for the sole purpose of forcing the user to visit the quicknewtab.com address when the user opens the start page or uses the search provider. Therefore, the only way to get rid of a browser redirect to this unwanted website is to completely remove the browser hijacker associated with it. The reason for this is that PUPs and browser hijackers often block the ability to change browser settings, thus preventing the user from restoring the startpage and search provider. For example, in this case, to remove quicknewtab.com from the address of the start page and search engine, the user needs to uninstall the Your Lovely Tab browser hijacker.
The security specialists do not recommend having potentially unwanted programs like Your Lovely Tab on the system, as it is not known exactly what it does. In addition to the above, it has the ability to gather marketing-type data about you which may be later sold to third party companies. You do not know if your home address, account names and passwords are safe. And of course you completely don’t know what will happen when you click on any advertisements on the Your Lovely Tab website.
To find out how to remove Your Lovely Tab, we suggest to read the few simple steps added to this post below. The guidance was created by IT security experts who discovered a solution to remove the browser hijacker out of the computer.
How can a browser hijacker get on your PC system
Browser hijackers and PUPs mostly comes on a personal computer with free programs. In many cases, this unwanted software comes without the user’s knowledge. Therefore, many users aren’t even aware that their computer has been affected by PUPs. Please follow the easy rules in order to protect your PC system from any undesired software: do not install any suspicious applications, read the user agreement and choose only the Custom, Manual or Advanced setup method, don’t rush to click the Next button. Also, always try to find a review of the application on the Internet. Be careful and attentive!
|Name||Your Lovely Tab|
|Type||browser hijacker, PUP, homepage hijacker, redirect virus, search engine hijacker|
|Affected Browser Settings||search engine, newtab URL, home page|
|Distribution||fake updaters, free software setup files, shady popup ads|
|Symptoms||Advertising banners appear in places they shouldn’t be. Every time you perform an Internet search, your browser is re-directed to another web site. Unwanted program installed without your knowledge. Unwanted web browser addons or toolbar keep coming back. Your web browser homepage or search engine keeps changing or is not set to Google anymor.|
|Removal||Your Lovely Tab removal guide|
How to remove Your Lovely Tab hijacker
Without a doubt, the browser hijacker is harmful to your computer. So you need to quickly and completely remove this malicious software. To get rid of this hijacker, you may use the manual removal guide that are given below or free malware removal tools such as Zemana Free, MalwareBytes Anti Malware or Hitman Pro (all are free). We recommend you use automatic removal method that will help you to remove Your Lovely Tab easily and safely. Manual removal is best used only if you’re well versed in device or in the case where browser hijacker is not removed automatically. Certain of the steps will require you to reboot your personal computer or close this webpage. So, read this guide carefully, then bookmark this page or open it on your smartphone for later reference.
To remove Your Lovely Tab, execute the steps below:
- How to manually get rid of Your Lovely Tab
- Automatic Removal of Your Lovely Tab
- How to stop Your Lovely Tab redirects
How to manually get rid of Your Lovely Tab
The useful removal guidance for the browser hijacker. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to get rid of Your Lovely Tab hijacker let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Uninstall unwanted or newly installed programs
First method for manual browser hijacker removal is to go into the Microsoft Windows “Control Panel”, then “Uninstall a program” console. Take a look at the list of programs on your PC system and see if there are any suspicious and unknown programs. If you see any, you need to remove them. Of course, before doing so, you can do an Internet search to find details on the application. If it is a potentially unwanted program, adware or malicious software, you will likely find information that says so.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click the Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click “Start” and select “Control Panel”.
It will display the Windows Control Panel similar to the one below.
Next, press “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all apps installed on your PC. Scroll through the all list, and remove any dubious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed apps, we recommend sort programs by date in the Control panel.
Remove Your Lovely Tab from Chrome
In order to be sure that there is nothing left behind, we advise you to reset Chrome web browser. It will restore Chrome settings including new tab page, start page and default search provider to defaults.
- First start the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is complete, your internet browser’s search provider by default, newtab and startpage will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Delete Your Lovely Tab browser hijacker from Internet Explorer
If you find that Microsoft Internet Explorer browser settings such as search engine, newtab and start page had been hijacked, then you may restore your settings, via the reset web browser procedure.
First, open the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The IE will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your personal computer for the changes to take effect. It will remove Your Lovely Tab browser hijacker, disable malicious and ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like startpage, search engine and new tab page to default state.
Remove Your Lovely Tab from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web browser settings
If the Mozilla Firefox web-browser startpage, new tab page and search provider by default are changed by Your Lovely Tab and you want to restore the settings back to their default values, then you should follow the guidance below. Keep in mind that resetting your browser will not remove your history, bookmarks, passwords, and other saved data.
First, start the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed on the image below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Automatic Removal of Your Lovely Tab
Malware removal tools are pretty useful when you think your computer is infected by hijacker. Below we’ll discover best utilities which has the ability to detect and delete Your Lovely Tab from your web-browser.
Get rid of Your Lovely Tab hijacker with Zemana Anti Malware
You can download and use the Zemana AntiMalware for free. This anti malware utility will scan all the registry items and files in your computer along with the system settings and internet browser extensions. If it finds any malware, adware software or malicious extensions then the Zemana Free will get rid of them from your PC system completely.
- First, please go to the following link, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Zemana.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is complete, please close all apps and open windows on your computer. Next, launch a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti Malware will open and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button . Zemana Free program will scan through the whole computer for the Your Lovely Tab browser hijacker.
- Once Zemana Anti-Malware has finished scanning, Zemana Free will create a list of unwanted applications and hijacker.
- In order to delete all items, simply click the “Next” button. The utility will remove Your Lovely Tab hijacker and move the selected threats to the Quarantine. When the process is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the PC system.
- Close the Zemana and continue with the next step.
Remove Your Lovely Tab hijacker from browsers with HitmanPro
The Hitman Pro tool is free and easy to use. It can scan and remove Your Lovely Tab browser hijacker, malware, PUPs and adware from PC (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP) and thereby return browsers default settings (home page, newtab page and default search provider). Hitman Pro is powerful enough to search for and remove malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the PC.
- Installing the Hitman Pro is simple. First you will need to download Hitman Pro on your MS Windows Desktop by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the downloading process is complete, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this tool is launched, click “Next” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the Your Lovely Tab hijacker. This task can take some time, so please be patient. While the utility is scanning, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
- When the checking is done, HitmanPro will display a scan report. All detected items will be marked. You can remove them all by simply press “Next” button. Now press the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Run MalwareBytes Anti Malware to remove Your Lovely Tab hijacker
You can remove Your Lovely Tab browser hijacker automatically through the use of MalwareBytes. We suggest this free malware removal tool because it may easily delete browser hijacker, adware software, potentially unwanted programs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Download MalwareBytes Free by clicking on the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Once downloading is complete, close all programs and windows on your device. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBsetup.
- Choose “Personal computer” option and press Install button. Follow the prompts.
- Once install is complete, click the “Scan” button to begin scanning your computer for the Your Lovely Tab hijacker. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. During the scan MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will search for threats exist on your personal computer.
- When MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) has finished scanning, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) will show a list of detected items. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click “Quarantine”. After finished, you can be prompted to restart your computer.
The following video offers a few simple steps on how to delete hijackers, adware software and other malware with MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM).
How to stop Your Lovely Tab redirects
The AdGuard is a very good adblocker application for the Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Microsoft Edge, with active user support. It does a great job by removing certain types of unwanted ads, popunders, popups, annoying newtab pages, and even full page advertisements and web page overlay layers. Of course, the AdGuard can stop Your Lovely Tab redirects automatically or by using a custom filter rule.
- First, visit the following page, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of AdGuard.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the downloading process is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the installation is complete, press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop Your Lovely Tab redirects, as well as block malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your computer should be free of the Your Lovely Tab browser hijacker. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted popup ads and annoying harmful websites) and Zemana (to periodically scan your PC system for new malware, hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows operating system. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijackers, harmful programs and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Your Lovely Tab from your internet browser, then ask for help here.