“The PT Sans font wasn’t found” pop-up is a fake alert, which developed in order to trick you and other users into downloading and installing a malware program. It will display the ‘The ‘PT Sans’ font wasn’t found’ popup that attempts to get you to click the ‘Update’ button to download a fake Font Pack.
The full text of the fake alert on Google Chrome web-browser:
The 'PT Sans' font wasn't found The web page you are trying to load is displayed incorrectly, as it uses the 'PT Sans' font. To fix the error and display the text, you have to update the 'Chrome Font Pack'. Manufacturer: Chrome Current version: Font Pack 23.43.5443.12 Latest version: Font Pack 28.56.5543.23
The full text of the fake alert on Firefox web-browser:
The 'PT Sans' font wasn't found The web page you are trying to load is displayed incorrectly, as it uses the 'PT Sans' font. To fix the error and display the text, you have to update the 'Firefox Font Pack'. Manufacturer: Firefox Current version: Font Pack 23.43.5443.12 Latest version: Font Pack 28.56.5543.23
Once you clicks on the ‘Update’ button, it will start a download process, saving the malicious file to your computer. These “The PT Sans font wasn’t found” pop ups are caused by dubious ads on the web-pages you visit or adware. What is Adware ‘virus’? Adware is type of malicious software that shows unwanted advertisements on your web browser. Some of these ads are scams or fake ads developed to trick you. Even the harmless advertisements can become really irritating. Adware can be installed unintentionally and without you knowing about it, when you open email attachments, install freeware.
Does adware steal your data? Adware can have spyware and keyloggers built into the program, leading to greater damage to your computer and possible invasion of your confidential information.
These days certain free programs developers bundle PUPs or adware with a view to making some money. These are not free software as install an unwanted software on to your MS Windows PC. So whenever you install a new free programs that downloaded from the Internet, be very careful during installation. Carefully read the EULA (a text with I ACCEPT/I DECLINE button), select custom or manual installation option, reject all third-party software.
|Name||“The PT Sans font wasn’t found”|
|Type||adware software, PUP (potentially unwanted program), popups, popup ads, popup virus|
|Removal||“The PT Sans font wasn’t found” removal guide|
If you would like to clean your PC of adware software and thereby delete “The PT Sans font wasn’t found” scam and are unable to do so, you can use the steps below to detect and remove adware software and any other malicious software for free.
How to remove “The PT Sans font wasn’t found” pop-ups (Adware virus removal guide)
According to experienced security experts, “The PT Sans font wasn’t found” popups removal can be finished manually and/or automatically. These utilities which are listed below will allow you remove adware software, harmful web browser add-ons, malicious software and PUPs . However, if you’re not willing to install other programs to delete “The PT Sans font wasn’t found” scam, then use guide listed below to revert back your computer settings to their previous states.
To remove “The PT Sans font wasn’t found” pop ups, execute the following steps:
- How to manually delete “The PT Sans font wasn’t found”
- How to remove “The PT Sans font wasn’t found” popup scam automatically
- Block “The PT Sans font wasn’t found” and other misleading web pages
- Finish words
How to manually delete “The PT Sans font wasn’t found”
The tutorial will help you delete “The PT Sans font wasn’t found” pop ups. These “The PT Sans font wasn’t found” removal steps work for the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and MS Edge, as well as every version of OS.
Uninstall PUPs using MS Windows Control Panel
When troubleshooting a computer, one common step is go to MS Windows Control Panel and delete dubious applications. The same approach will be used in the removal of “The PT Sans font wasn’t found” pop-ups. Please use steps based on your MS Windows version.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will show a list of all applications installed on the machine.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall dubious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video tutorial below.
Remove “The PT Sans font wasn’t found” scam from Microsoft Internet Explorer
By resetting Internet Explorer web-browser you restore your web browser settings to its default state. This is good initial when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by adware software related to the “The PT Sans font wasn’t found” popup scam.
First, run the IE, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then press the “Internet Options” as shown on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as displayed in the following example.
Once the task is complete, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s startpage, search engine by default and new tab page to default state.
Remove “The PT Sans font wasn’t found” scam from Google Chrome
Run the Reset internet browser utility of the Chrome to reset all its settings like home page, new tab and search engine by default to original defaults. This is a very useful tool to use, in the case of web-browser redirects to misleading webpages like the “The PT Sans font wasn’t found” scam.
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Chrome main menu again, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown in the figure below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
Remove “The PT Sans font wasn’t found” scam from Firefox
This step will help you delete “The PT Sans font wasn’t found” popup, third-party toolbars, disable harmful plugins and revert back your default startpage, new tab page and search engine settings.
First, launch the Mozilla Firefox and press button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, click the Help button () as shown in the figure below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page similar to the one below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the “The PT Sans font wasn’t found” scam. After, it is done, press the “Finish” button.
How to remove “The PT Sans font wasn’t found” popup scam automatically
Malware removal tools are pretty effective when you think your computer is affected by adware. Below we will discover best tools that have the ability to remove adware and “The PT Sans font wasn’t found” scam from your system and browser.
Remove “The PT Sans font wasn’t found” popups with Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM)
Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) is a free tool that performs a scan of your personal computer and displays if there are existing adware software, browser hijackers, viruses, worms, spyware, trojans and other malicious software residing on your machine. If malicious software is found, Zemana Anti Malware can automatically remove it. Zemana does not conflict with other anti-malware and antivirus software installed on your machine.
- First, visit the page linked below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Zemana.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the downloading process is finished, please close all software and open windows on your personal computer. Next, launch a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will run and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button . Zemana application will scan through the whole computer for the adware that causes multiple undesired pop ups. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. During the scan Zemana will scan for threats present on your system.
- When Zemana Free is complete scanning your PC system, it will display the Scan Results.
- Review the results once the tool has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click the “Next” button. The utility will get rid of adware software responsible for “The PT Sans font wasn’t found” pop-ups. After the procedure is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the PC system.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) and continue with the next step.
Use Hitman Pro to remove “The PT Sans font wasn’t found” pop-up scam
Hitman Pro is a free removal utility. It removes PUPs, adware software, hijackers and unwanted browser add-ons. It will detect and remove adware responsible for “The PT Sans font wasn’t found” pop-up scam. Hitman Pro uses very small computer resources and is a portable program. Moreover, HitmanPro does add another layer of malware protection.
- Download Hitman Pro from the link below. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After downloading is finished, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this utility is launched, click “Next” button for checking your machine for the adware that causes “The PT Sans font wasn’t found” scam. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your machine and the speed of your computer. While the tool is scanning, you may see count of objects and files has already scanned.
- When Hitman Pro is complete scanning your computer, HitmanPro will open you the results. Make sure to check mark the items which are unsafe and then press “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malicious software found.
Scan and clean your machine of adware software with MalwareBytes Anti Malware
Manual “The PT Sans font wasn’t found” popup removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware software can be not fully removed. We advise that use the MalwareBytes Free that are completely free your personal computer of adware software. Moreover, the free application will help you to get rid of malicious software, PUPs, hijackers and toolbars that your PC system may be infected too.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) for MS Windows. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- After the downloading process is done, close all software and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, press the “Scan Now” button for scanning your system for the adware software that causes multiple intrusive pop-ups. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is done.
- After that process is finished, MalwareBytes Free will open a scan report. Review the report and then press “Quarantine Selected”. Once the task is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your PC system.
The following video offers a step-by-step tutorial on how to remove browser hijackers, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM).
Block “The PT Sans font wasn’t found” scam and other misleading web pages
If you surf the World Wide Web, you can’t avoid malicious advertising. But you can protect your browser against it. Download and run an ad blocker application. AdGuard is an ad-blocking which can filter out a huge number of of the malvertising, blocking dynamic scripts from loading malicious content.
- Visit the following page to download AdGuard. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the setup is complete, press “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC system, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted ads, block “The PT Sans font wasn’t found” scam, as well as other harmful or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which may be found on your desktop.
Now your computer should be free of the adware that causes “The PT Sans font wasn’t found” popup. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted advertisements and unwanted harmful web pages) and Zemana Free (to periodically scan your PC for new malicious software, hijacker infections and adware software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for MS Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijackers, harmful apps and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove “The PT Sans font wasn’t found” popups from your web-browser, then ask for help here.