What is Cloudnet virus? So called Cloudnet virus is a dangerous security threat. Cyber security specialists has determined that this security threat can perform a number of malicious actions of a makers’s choice on your personal computer.
Cloudnet virus can hide itself in the PC’s memory and files, modify certain system settings and block them from changing. Also this virus can download and install: web browser extensions that will add unwanted ads within the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge and IE’s screen; a hijacker that will change web browser’s home page and search provider.
Moreover, Cloudnet virus virus be able to gather lots of personal information. This user information, in the future, may be sold to third party companies. What creates the risk of theft of confidential data about you
So, if you happen to encounter Cloudnet virus, then be quick and take effort to get rid of malicious software without a wait. Follow the tutorial below to get rid of Cloudnet virus. Let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
How to remove Cloudnet virus
In many cases this malicious software requires more than a simple uninstall through the use of Microsoft Windows Control panel in order to be fully removed. For that reason, our team created several removal methods that we’ve combined in a detailed guide. Therefore, if you’ve the Cloudnet virus on your computer and are currently trying to have it deleted then feel free to follow the step-by-step instructions below in order to resolve your problem. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to exit your web browser or restart your machine.
To remove Cloudnet virus, perform the following steps:
- Uninstall Cloudnet associated software through the Windows Control Panel
- Scan and free your personal computer of Cloudnet virus with Zemana AntiMalware
- Remove Cloudnet virus and malicious extensions with Hitman Pro
- Automatically delete Cloudnet virus with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
- Get rid of Cloudnet virus from Firefox
- Remove Cloudnet virus from Google Chrome
- Remove Cloudnet virus from Internet Explorer
- How to stay safe online
- Finish words
Uninstall Cloudnet associated software through the Windows Control Panel
Some PUPs, browser hijacking programs and adware may be removed by uninstalling the free applications they came with. If this way does not succeed, then looking them up in the list of installed software in Microsoft Windows Control Panel. Use the “Uninstall” command in order to remove them.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Microsoft Windows logo, and then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as shown on the screen below.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed in the following example.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as displayed on the screen below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) as on the image below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed software and uninstall all dubious and unknown apps. We suggest to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed software by date. Once you have found anything suspicious that may be Cloudnet virus and other potentially unwanted application (PUA), then choose this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the dubious program blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to completely remove it from your machine.
Scan and free your personal computer of Cloudnet virus with Zemana AntiMalware
We suggest using the Zemana Anti-Malware. You can download and install Zemana to look for and remove Cloudnet virus from your computer. When installed and updated, the malicious software remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the PC.
Click the following link to download the latest version of Zemana AntiMalware for MS Windows. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
When the downloading process is finished, close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup as displayed on the screen below.
When the setup starts, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will help you set up Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) on your personal computer.
Once install is complete, you will see window as shown in the figure below.
Now press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the Cloudnet virus related files, folders and registry keys. Depending on your PC system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. During the scan Zemana Anti Malware will scan for threats present on your machine.
Once that process is finished, Zemana AntiMalware will open a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been detected. Review the report and then press “Next” button.
The Zemana AntiMalware will remove Cloudnet virus and other kinds of potential threats and add items to the Quarantine.
Remove Cloudnet virus and malicious extensions with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a free utility that can identify Cloudnet virus and other kinds of potential threats such as malware and potentially unwanted programs. It’s not always easy to locate all the junk programs that your PC might have picked up on the World Wide Web. Hitman Pro will find the adware, browser hijackers and other malicious software you need to erase.
HitmanPro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Once the downloading process is done, open the folder in which you saved it and double-click the HitmanPro icon. It will start the HitmanPro utility. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to run the program, click Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Next” to locate Cloudnet virus and other malicious software and PUPs. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your computer. During the scan Hitman Pro will search for threats present on your PC.
After the scan get completed, HitmanPro will produce a list of undesired programs adware as displayed in the figure below.
Review the report and then click “Next” button. It will show a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button. The HitmanPro will remove Cloudnet virus related files, folders and registry keys and move threats to the program’s quarantine. When the procedure is done, the tool may ask you to reboot your machine.
Automatically delete Cloudnet virus with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Manual Cloudnet virus removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the virus can be not fully removed. We recommend that use the MalwareBytes Free that are fully free your PC of virus. Moreover, this free program will help you to delete malicious software, PUPs, adware and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) by clicking on the link below. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the downloading process is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your personal computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Free will start and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Free utility will begin scanning the whole machine to find out Cloudnet virus and other malware and potentially unwanted apps. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your PC and the speed of your PC system. While the MalwareBytes AntiMalware program is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- When MalwareBytes Anti Malware has completed scanning your computer, MalwareBytes Free will show a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and click the “Quarantine Selected” button. Once the task is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Get rid of Cloudnet virus from Firefox
Resetting Firefox web-browser will reset all the settings to their default state and will remove changes created by Cloudnet virus and disable harmful add-ons. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu like below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed in the figure below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your Mozilla Firefox web browser settings to their original settings.
Remove Cloudnet virus from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings will remove changes to web-browser settings created by Cloudnet virus and disable malicious extensions. It will also clear cached and temporary data (cookies, site data and content). It’ll save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
- First start the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is finished, your web browser’s new tab page, start page and search provider will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Cloudnet virus from Internet Explorer
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your web-browser is affected by Cloudnet virus or you have unwanted addons or toolbars on your web-browser, that installed by a malicious software.
First, run the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as displayed in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your personal computer for the changes to take effect.
How to stay safe online
To put it simply, you need to use an ad-blocker tool (AdGuard, for example). It will block and protect you from all unwanted web-pages, advertisements and pop ups. To be able to do that, the ad blocker program uses a list of filters. Each filter is a rule that describes a malicious web-site, an advertising content, a banner and others. The ad-blocking application automatically uses these filters, depending on the webpages you are visiting.
Visit the following page to download AdGuard. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as shown in the figure below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guide like below.
Press “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick guidance which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop undesired ads, as well as other harmful or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that can be found on your desktop.
Once you’ve done the few simple steps shown above, your computer should be clean from the Cloudnet virus and other malware. Your anti-virus will no longer detect any security threats. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new malicious software, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the Cloudnet virus .