Are you seeing Go.bonefreeze.com search in the Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer every time you open the internet browser? This means that your web-browser has become the victim of the hijacker that imposes changes to current settings of installed web-browsers. Currently, this hijacker are widely spread, due to the fact that most people are trying to find free software, download and install them on the machine without proper attention to the fact that the browser hijacker can penetrate into the PC along with them.
In addition, the Go.bonefreeze.com hijacker may also modify the search engine selected in the web-browser. When you try to search on the infected browser, you will be presented with search results, consisting of advertisements and Google (or Yahoo, or Bing) search results for your query. Among these search results may occur links that lead to undesired and ad pages.
Often, the computer that has been infected by Go.bonefreeze.com hijacker, will be also affected with ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) that shows a large amount of various advertisements. It can be pop-ups, text links in the pages, banners where they never had. What is more, the adware can replace the legitimate ads with malicious ads which will offer to download and install malware and undesired programs or visit the various dangerous and misleading web-pages.
As evident, the hijacker infection is a potentially unwanted application and should not be used. If you found any of the symptoms mentioned above, we recommend you to perform steps below to remove the browser hijacker and remove Go.bonefreeze.com from your browser settings.
Remove Go.bonefreeze.com from Windows 10 (8, 7, XP)
Without a doubt, the browser hijacker infection is harmful to your machine. So you need to quickly and completely remove this malicious software. To remove this browser hijacker infection, you may use the manual removal guide that are given below or free malicious software removal utility such as Zemana Free, MalwareBytes Free or HitmanPro (all are free). We suggest you use automatic removal way which will help you to delete Go.bonefreeze.com search easily and safely. Manual removal is best used only if you’re well versed in PC system or in the case where browser hijacker infection is not removed automatically. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to shut down your internet browser or reboot your PC.
To remove Go.bonefreeze.com, follow the steps below:
- Delete Go.bonefreeze.com home page without any tools
- How to delete Go.bonefreeze.com home page with free software
- Run AdBlocker to block Go.bonefreeze.com and stay safe online
- Why is my browser redirected to Go.bonefreeze.com?
- To sum up
Delete Go.bonefreeze.com home page without any tools
Steps to remove Go.bonefreeze.com hijacker without any software are presented below. Be sure to carry out the step-by-step guidance completely to fully remove this undesired Go.bonefreeze.com search.
Remove Go.bonefreeze.com associated software by using MS Windows Control Panel
In order to delete Go.bonefreeze.com, first thing you need to do is to delete unknown and dubious programs from your system using Microsoft Windows control panel. When removing this browser hijacker, check the list of installed programs and try to find dubious programs and remove them all. Pay special attention to recently installed programs, as it’s most probably that the Go.bonefreeze.com browser hijacker сame along with it.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click the Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, press “Start” and select “Control Panel”.
It will open the Windows Control Panel like below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all applications installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and delete any questionable and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort apps by date in the Control panel.
Remove Go.bonefreeze.com homepage from Internet Explorer
First, start the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as shown on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your personal computer for the changes to take effect.
Remove Go.bonefreeze.com from Google Chrome
Use the Reset web-browser tool of the Google Chrome to reset all its settings like search engine by default, new tab and startpage to original defaults. This is a very useful tool to use, in the case of internet browser hijacks like Go.bonefreeze.com.
- First start the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is complete, your web-browser’s home page, default search provider and newtab will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Go.bonefreeze.com from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
If the Mozilla Firefox internet browser start page, search engine and new tab are changed to Go.bonefreeze.com and you want to recover the settings back to their default state, then you should follow the steps below. When using the reset feature, your personal information such as passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
Launch the Firefox and press the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will show the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown in the figure below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the hijacker responsible for redirects to Go.bonefreeze.com. Once, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
How to delete Go.bonefreeze.com home page with free software
If you are an unskilled computer user, then we recommend to run free removal utilities listed below to delete Go.bonefreeze.com for good. The automatic method is highly recommended. It has less steps and easier to implement than the manual solution. Moreover, it lower risk of system damage. So, the automatic Go.bonefreeze.com removal is a better option.
How to automatically remove Go.bonefreeze.com with Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM)
Zemana Free highly recommended, because it can scan for security threats such adware and hijacker infections which most ‘classic’ antivirus apps fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Go.bonefreeze.com hijacker infection removal problems which cannot be fixed by this utility automatically, then Zemana provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
Visit the page linked below to download Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM). Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After downloading is finished, start it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will try to update itself and when this process is finished, press the “Scan” button for scanning your machine for the Go.bonefreeze.com hijacker and other internet browser’s harmful extensions.
A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Review the results once the utility has complete the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press “Next” button.
The Zemana AntiMalware will remove browser hijacker that changes internet browser settings to replace your search provider by default, homepage and new tab with Go.bonefreeze.com web page and move threats to the program’s quarantine.
Run Hitman Pro to remove Go.bonefreeze.com from the machine
Hitman Pro frees your computer from ad-supported software, potentially unwanted apps, unwanted toolbars, web browser plugins and other undesired programs such as hijacker that responsible for browser reroute to the undesired Go.bonefreeze.com site. The free removal utility will help you enjoy your personal computer to its fullest. Hitman Pro uses advanced behavioral detection technologies to scan for if there are undesired software in your PC system. You can review the scan results, and choose the threats you want to remove.
Visit the page linked below to download HitmanPro. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Once the download is finished, open the file location. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the HitmanPro desktop icon. Once the tool is launched, you will see a screen as shown on the screen below.
Further, click “Next” button to perform a system scan for the hijacker that designed to redirect your internet browser to the Go.bonefreeze.com website. Once Hitman Pro completes the scan, Hitman Pro will open you the results as displayed below.
Review the results once the utility has done the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next” button. It will display a dialog box, press the “Activate free license” button.
Automatically delete Go.bonefreeze.com search with Malwarebytes
Delete Go.bonefreeze.com hijacker infection manually is difficult and often the browser hijacker is not completely removed. Therefore, we suggest you to run the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your machine. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malware, PUPs, toolbars and ad-supported software that your system may be infected too.
- Installing the MalwareBytes Free is simple. First you’ll need to download MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Once downloading is complete, close all software and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is finished, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the browser hijacker responsible for redirecting your browser to Go.bonefreeze.com web site. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your computer and the speed of your computer. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is finished.
- When the scanning is complete, you’ll be opened the list of all detected items on your system. When you are ready, click “Quarantine Selected”. Once that process is done, you can be prompted to reboot your PC.
The following video offers a step-by-step guide on how to get rid of browser hijackers, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM).
Run AdBlocker to block Go.bonefreeze.com and stay safe online
We advise to install an ad blocking program which can stop Go.bonefreeze.com and other intrusive sites. The adblocker tool such as AdGuard is a program that basically removes advertising from the World Wide Web and stops access to malicious pages. Moreover, security experts says that using ad blocker apps is necessary to stay safe when surfing the Internet.
- AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once the downloading process is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the install is done, click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your machine, AdGuard will run automatically and stop advertisements, Go.bonefreeze.com redirect, as well as other harmful or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
Why is my browser redirected to Go.bonefreeze.com?
Many browser hijackers such as Go.bonefreeze.com are included in the freeware installation package. Most often, a user have a chance to disable all included “offers”, but some installers are made to confuse the average users, in order to trick them into installing an ad supported software or potentially unwanted apps. Anyway, easier to prevent the browser hijacker rather than clean up your machine after one. So, keep the web-browser updated (turn on automatic updates), run a good antivirus software, double check a freeware before you start it (do a google search, scan a downloaded file with VirusTotal), avoid malicious and unknown websites.
To sum up
Now your personal computer should be clean of the hijacker which modifies web browser settings to replace your search provider, homepage and new tab with Go.bonefreeze.com website. We suggest that you keep Zemana Free (to periodically scan your computer for new browser hijackers and other malware) and AdGuard (to help you stop intrusive popup ads and malicious pages). Moreover, to prevent any hijacker, please stay clear of unknown and third party apps, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to scan for potentially unwanted programs.
If you need more help with Go.bonefreeze.com redirect related issues, go to our Spyware/Malware removal forum.