The appearance of unwanted Chrome-extension-downloader.club pop-ups in your web-browser means that you have an adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) installed on your computer. It makes changes to the machine settings and configures itself so as to launch automatically each time the computer is turned on. Immediately after startup, the ad-supported software begins to monitor the user’s actions and insert ads directly into the open windows of the Edge, FF, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. So, if you notice that the Firefox, MS Edge, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer from time to time opens the Chrome-extension-downloader.club web-site, then you do not need to wait , you need to perform the step-by-step guide below and remove Chrome-extension-downloader.club pop-ups as quickly as possible.
While your computer is affected with the ‘ad supported’ software, the Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer may be redirected to Chrome-extension-downloader.club undesired web site. Of course, the ad supported software may not cause damages to your files or Windows system, but it may show a large number of undesired advertisements. These advertisements will be injected within the content of web-pages that are you opening in your web browser and can be varied: pop-up ads, in-text ads, different sized banners, offers to install an questionable software. The advertisements will appear on all web-sites, including web-pages where previously you have never seen any advertisements.
The adware can change the settings of the Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, but often that a harmful software such as this can also hijack all types of browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time run the browser to see the intrusive Chrome-extension-downloader.club page.
Thus, it’s clear that the presence of adware on your computer is not desirable, and you need to clean up your machine sooner. Follow the few simple steps below in order to remove Chrome-extension-downloader.club pop ups.
Remove Chrome-extension-downloader.club redirect
Without a doubt, the adware is harmful to your personal computer. So you need to quickly and completely delete this ad supported software responsible for redirecting your web browser to Chrome-extension-downloader.club web-page. To remove this ad supported software, you can use the manual removal guide that are given below or free malware removal utility such as Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM), MalwareBytes Free or AdwCleaner (all are free). We suggest you use automatic removal solution which will help you to remove Chrome-extension-downloader.club pop up easily and safely. Manual removal is best used only if you are well versed in personal computer or in the case where adware is not removed automatically. Some of the steps will require you to reboot your personal computer or shut down this web-site. So, read this tutorial carefully, then bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove Chrome-extension-downloader.club, execute the following steps:
- Remove Chrome-extension-downloader.club pop ups without any tools
- Removing the Chrome-extension-downloader.club, check the list of installed applications first
- Disinfect the web browser’s shortcuts to remove Chrome-extension-downloader.club redirect
- Remove Chrome-extension-downloader.club pop ups from Google Chrome
- Get rid of Chrome-extension-downloader.club popups from IE
- Delete Chrome-extension-downloader.club from Firefox by resetting browser settings
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
- Use free malware removal utilities to completely remove Chrome-extension-downloader.club redirect
- How to stop Chrome-extension-downloader.club popups
- How can you prevent the Chrome-extension-downloader.club pop up
- To sum up
Remove Chrome-extension-downloader.club pop ups without any tools
Read this “How to remove” section to know how to manually remove ad-supported software that responsible for the appearance of Chrome-extension-downloader.club popups. Even if the step by step guide does not work for you, there are several free malicious software removers below that can easily handle such adware that causes undesired Chrome-extension-downloader.club pop-up.
Removing the Chrome-extension-downloader.club, check the list of installed applications first
First method for manual ad-supported software removal is to go into the MS Windows “Control Panel”, then “Uninstall a program” console. Take a look at the list of software on your system and see if there are any suspicious and unknown programs. If you see any, you need to uninstall them. Of course, before doing so, you can do an Internet search to find details on the application. If it is a potentially unwanted program, adware or malware, you will likely find information that says so.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click the Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click “Start” and select “Control Panel”.
It will open the Windows Control Panel as displayed below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all applications installed on your personal computer. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any dubious and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed apps, we recommend sort apps by date in the Control panel.
Disinfect the web browser’s shortcuts to remove Chrome-extension-downloader.club redirect
Now you need to clean up the web browser shortcut files. Check that the shortcut referring to the right exe-file of the web-browser, and not on any unknown file.
Right click on the shortcut of infected browser as shown below.
Select the “Properties” option and it’ll display the shortcut’s properties. Next, click the “Shortcut” tab and then delete the “http://site.address” string from Target field as displayed below.
Then press OK to save changes. Repeat the step for all internet browsers that are re-directed to the Chrome-extension-downloader.club annoying site.
Remove Chrome-extension-downloader.club pop ups from Google Chrome
If your Google Chrome web browser is redirected to intrusive Chrome-extension-downloader.club web page, it may be necessary to completely reset your browser application to its default settings.
- First, run the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Chrome-extension-downloader.club popups from IE
By resetting IE internet browser you restore your browser settings to its default state. This is first when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by adware that created to redirect your web-browser to various ad web pages like Chrome-extension-downloader.club.
First, launch the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed in the figure below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Delete Chrome-extension-downloader.club from Firefox by resetting browser settings
If your Firefox internet browser is re-directed to Chrome-extension-downloader.club without your permission or an unknown search engine opens results for your search, then it may be time to perform the browser reset.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as displayed in the figure below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to return your Mozilla Firefox browser settings to its original state.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the annoying Chrome-extension-downloader.club web-site opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and get rid of all the tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ program.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard simultaneously. It will show a prompt that titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown on the screen below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need get rid of this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it’s a component of the ‘ad-supported’ application, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as displayed on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicious applications. Once is complete, close the Task Scheduler window.
Use free malware removal utilities to completely remove Chrome-extension-downloader.club redirect
If your system is still infected with adware responsible for redirections to Chrome-extension-downloader.club, then the best solution of detection and removal is to use an antimalware scan on the PC. Download free malicious software removal tools below and run a full system scan. It will help you get rid of all components of the ad-supported software from hardisk and Windows registry.
How to get rid of Chrome-extension-downloader.club pop up with Zemana Anti-malware
Zemana Anti-malware is a tool which can remove adware, PUPs, browser hijacker infections and other malware from your personal computer easily and for free. Zemana Anti-malware is compatible with most antivirus software. It works under Windows (10 – XP, 32 and 64 bit) and uses minimum of computer resources.
- Please go to the link below to download Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM). Save it on your Windows desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once the downloading process is finished, close all software and windows on your system. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is done, click the “Scan” button . Zemana Free utility will begin scanning the whole computer to find out adware that responsible for the appearance of Chrome-extension-downloader.club redirect. Depending on your PC, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the utility is checking, you can see count of objects and files has already scanned.
- After the scan is done, Zemana Anti Malware will show you the results. In order to remove all threats, simply click “Next”. After finished, you may be prompted to restart your computer.
How to get rid of Chrome-extension-downloader.club with Malwarebytes
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free. You can download and install Malwarebytes to detect adware and thereby delete Chrome-extension-downloader.club popups from your web browsers. When installed and updated, the free malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the PC system.
Installing the MalwareBytes Free is simple. First you’ll need to download MalwareBytes Free by clicking on the following link. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once the download is finished, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes Free will try to update itself and when this process is done, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the adware that redirects your browser to intrusive Chrome-extension-downloader.club web-site. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your personal computer and the speed of your personal computer. During the scan MalwareBytes will find out threats present on your computer. Review the results once the tool has complete the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes Free is a free program that you can use to get rid of all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malicious software removal tool, we recommend you to read and follow the instructions or the video guide below.
Use AdwCleaner to remove Chrome-extension-downloader.club pop ups from browser
AdwCleaner is a free program which made to remove malware, PUPs, hijackers and adware from your personal computer running MS Windows 10, 8, 7, XP (32-bit and 64-bit). It’ll allow to scan for and remove ad supported software that responsible for web-browser reroute to the intrusive Chrome-extension-downloader.club site, including its files, folders and registry keys.
- Visit the page linked below to download AdwCleaner. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: October 9, 2020
- Select the file location as Desktop, and then click Save.
- When the downloading process is finished, start the AdwCleaner, double-click the adwcleaner_xxx.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the AdwCleaner window, click the “Scan” . AdwCleaner application will scan through the whole personal computer for the ad supported software responsible for Chrome-extension-downloader.club redirect. This process can take some time, so please be patient. During the scan AdwCleaner will search for threats exist on your machine.
- When finished, AdwCleaner will show a scan report. All detected threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Clean”. If the AdwCleaner will ask you to restart your machine, click “OK”.
The instructions shown in detail in the following video.
How to stop Chrome-extension-downloader.club popups
In order to increase your security and protect your PC against new annoying ads and harmful web sites, you need to run adblocker program that blocks an access to harmful ads and web-pages. Moreover, the application can stop the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of AdGuard for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once the downloading process is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is done, press “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop popup, Chrome-extension-downloader.club redirect, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
How can you prevent the Chrome-extension-downloader.club pop up
In many cases, the adware come bundled with the installers from a free hosting and file sharing sites. So, install a free software is a a good chance that you will find a bundled ‘ad supported’ software. If you don’t know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During the installation, choose the Custom or Advanced setup mode. Next, press ‘Decline’ button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install additional apps. Moreover, please carefully read Term of use and User agreement before installing any applications or otherwise you may end up with another unwanted program on your computer like this adware which causes undesired Chrome-extension-downloader.club pop-up.
To sum up
After completing the tutorial shown above, your machine should be free from ad supported software that causes a large number of undesired Chrome-extension-downloader.club pop-up and other malicious software. The Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome will no longer redirect you to various unwanted pages such as Chrome-extension-downloader.club. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step tutorial does not help you, then you have caught a new ad-supported software, and then the best way – ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.