The support-online-pc.site pop-up alerts is a misleading advertising. It is created to scare you into thinking that your PC system have lots of heavy problems with security, drivers, malware, Internet connection, etc and thus force you to call to fake remote Microsoft support service (1-877-769-4179). In reality, you have no problems with any drivers, Windows registry or a malware error. So call to Service Center unnecessary anyway. The telephone (1-877-769-4179), which is given in the message is a fake Windows tech support service. By calling it, you just lose your money and your time!
if the support-online-pc.site popping up in your internet browser then most probably that your PC system is infected with ad supported software. It’s a type of dangerous programs that designed to show a ton of unwanted advertising banners. Unlike viruses, the adware will not delete or infect your files, but its actions will cause some problems with your browser. This is because, it will infect your PC, get full access to your web-browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge and be able to alter their settings. Of course, it did not ask you for permission and do it secretly as possible. Once your browser settings will be replaced, you will be redirected to unwanted advertisements, some of which can lead to dangerous or misleading web-sites.
The ad supported software is the part of the software that is used as an online promotional tool. It is created with the sole purpose to open dozens of ads, banners and pop-ups, and thus to promote the goods and services in an open browser window. So, the support-online-pc.site is just one of the many sites of the so-called ‘ad-support’ type. It is designed to fill the browser’s constant stream of advertising links, or redirect the browser to not expected and intrusive advertising web pages. Moreover, the ad supported software can substitute the legitimate advertising links on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit malicious web-sites. The reason is simple, many advertisers agree on any ways to attract users to their web-pages, so the creators of adware, often forcing users to click on an advertising link. For each click on a link, the authors of the ad supported software receive income. It is the so-called ‘Pay-Per-Click’ method.
We suggest you to remove adware and clean your computer from support-online-pc.site advertising as quickly as possible, until the presence of the adware has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the few simple steps below that will allow you to completely remove the redirect to support-online-pc.site unwanted web site, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
How does support-online-pc.site pop-ups get installed onto system
How to manually remove support-online-pc.site
This guide will help you uninstall support-online-pc.site redirect. These support-online-pc.site removal steps work for the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system. Some of the steps may require you to close the browser or reboot your personal computer. So, bookmark or print it for later reference.
- Get rid of suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of support-online-pc.site redirect
- Get rid of support-online-pc.site redirect in Google Chrome
- Get rid of support-online-pc.site pop-ups in Mozilla Firefox
- Remove support-online-pc.site from Microsoft Internet Explorer
Get rid of suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and delete the program that causes the appearance of unwanted advertisements and browser redirect to unwanted sites, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of support-online-pc.site redirect
Once installed, the adware may add an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. Due to this, every time you start the web-browser, it will open the support-online-pc.site annoying page.
Right click on the web-browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that begins with “http://”. Remove it or everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe. Click OK to save changes. You need to clean all browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
Get rid of support-online-pc.site redirect in Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malicious and ad-supported extensions, as well as to restore the internet browser’s homepage, new tab and default search engine that have been modified by adware.
- Open the Chrome and click on the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Click the “Settings” menu.
- Click “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- Click the “Reset settings” button, that located at the bottom of the Advanced settings page.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the guide How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of support-online-pc.site pop-ups in Mozilla Firefox
If the Firefox settings have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto support-online-pc.site ads.
Run the Firefox and press button to display the Tools menu. It shows the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will open the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the ad supported software. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Remove support-online-pc.site from Microsoft Internet Explorer
To remove the support-online-pc.site advertisements you need to reset the Internet Explorer’s settings to the state, they were when the Windows OS was first installed on your computer.
Launch the Internet Explorer. Open the Tools menu (click ‘gear’ icon ). It opens the drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options”. In the “Internet Options” dialog screen, you need to click on the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Click on the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next press the “Reset” button. Once the task is done, click “Close” button, then close the IE. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to back your browser’s settings to default state and disable ad-supported browser’s extensions.
How to remove support-online-pc.site ads automatically
We recommend using the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free. You can download and install MalwareBytes Anti-malware to detect support-online-pc.site threat and get rid of it, by clicking the download link below. When installed and updated, the Anti-malware will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the PC.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
Once installed, the MalwareBytes Anti-malware will try to update itself and when this task is done, click “Scan Now” button to perform a scan of your computer. During the scan it will detect all threats present on your computer. In order to get rid of all threats, simply press “Remove Selected” button. The Anti-malware is a free software that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about the MalwareBytes Anti-malware, we recommend you to read and follow the step-by-step guide or the video guide below.
How to stop support-online-pc.site pop-ups
To increase your security and protect your PC against new unwanted advertising links and malicious pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous advertising links and sites. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, support-online-pc.site redirects, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon , which is located on your Windows desktop.
Remove support-online-pc.site popup ads and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot get rid of the annoying support-online-pc.site ads within the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: January 30, 2020
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen like below.
Press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for malicious extensions and the ad supported software which opens the advertising from support-online-pc.site web page. Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will display a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will show a prompt.
Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is finished, AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your system.
When your personal computer is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for support-online-pc.site pop-up ads removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the annoying support-online-pc.site advertisements.