What is 10ontime.com
If Chrome, Firefox, IE or Edge opens the 10ontime.com website that displays ads offering a chance to get an amazing reward, then you need to know, this is a fake. It is a sign that you computer is infected with an adware or potentially unwanted program (PUP).
The full text of the 10ontime.com popup is:
visitor! Your desktop has been selected to participate in an anonymous survey. Upon completion you will be offered a chance to win a £500 ARGOS voucher for your participation.
If you still are not sure that your computer is infected with the adware that opens the 10ontime.com unwanted popups on your screen, then check your computer for the following other common signs of infection:
- Your browser displays large number annoying ads.
- Is your home page or default search engine different than what you originally set it as.
- Antivirus or antispyware software detects an adware or PUP infections.
- Your Internet connection is slow.
Last but not least, the adware can function as spyware – creates your Internet profile – what sites you`re browsing, when you`re running a browser, what you’re looking for on the Internet and so on. That is, it is stealing your personal information.
How does your computer get infected with 10ontime.com pop-up ads
Most commonly, the adware that shows pop-ups from 10ontime.com is bundled within the installation packages from a free hosting and file sharing web sites. So, install a freeware is a a good chance that you will find some bundled PUP or adware. If you don’t know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During installation, chose the Custom or Advanced installation option. Next, click “Decline” button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install an unknown software. Moreover, please read term of use and user agreement very carefully before installing any software or otherwise you can end up with another potentially unwanted program on your PC such as this adware.
Even removing a free software that contains this adware, you can not remove all annoying ads, because the adware will be not removed. Therefore, you must follow the steps below to remove 10ontime.com ads and clean your computer.
How to remove 10ontime.com pop-up ads
Remove 10ontime.com ads manually is difficult and often infection is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove browser hijackers, malware and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Click Next and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for 10ontime.com infection. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block 10ontime.com ads
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying ads and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous ads and web-pages. Moreover, the software can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of websites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the Setup Wizard program window. Follow the prompts.
- After installation is complete, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block 10ontime.com pop-up ads, as well as other malicious or misleading web page. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with 10ontime.com pop-ups is still remained
if MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove 10ontime.com adware, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 28, 2022
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for 10ontime.com adware.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for 10ontime.com pop-up ads removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the New Topic button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
How to remove 10ontime.com pop-up ads (Manually)
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you to remove 10ontime.com adware manually from Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge and Google Chrome.
- Uninstall 10ontime.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove 10ontime.com redirect
- Remove 10ontime.com ads from Chrome
- Remove 10ontime.com ads from Firefox
- Remove 10ontime.com ads from Internet Explorer
Uninstall 10ontime.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type Control panel and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click Start and select Control Panel. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Click Uninstall a program
It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove 10ontime.com redirect
When breaking into a computer, this adware may also change a desktop shortcut for Chrome, Firefox and IE, adding “http://10ontime.com” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will open this annoying web-site.
To clear a browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://10ontime.com” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove 10ontime.com ads from Chrome
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button.
Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Remove 10ontime.com ads from Firefox
Open Mozilla Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button ().
In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on Refresh Firefox button.
Confirm your action. Click on the Refresh Firefox.
Remove 10ontime.com ads from Internet Explorer
Open the Internet Explorer tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Internet Options.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings window. Select the Delete personal settings check box, then click on Reset button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.