Startgo123.com is a web page, already at the first sight of which there are various doubts. Its own kind and description claims to be a legitimate Net search engine. But in reality, its appearance in your internet browser means that your system is infected with browser hijacker. This type of dangerous programs does not delete files or infect them, but like a virus can alter PC settings such as the home page, newtab page and search provider by default. So, this page is not created in order to show relevant search results. It’s designed to redirect users on various advertising links and often malicious and misleading web-sites. All the time, while this site will be set as your start page and search engine, its authors will be able to collect a large amount of information about you, everything related to what are you doing on the World Wide Web. Thus, it’s clear that the presence of web-browser hijacker on your system is not desirable, and you need to clean up your computer as soon as possible in order to get rid of Startgo123.com unwanted homepage.
The Startgo123.com browser hijacker usually affects only the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. However, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The hijacker will perform a scan of the system for internet browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the web-browser shortcuts, it will add the argument like ‘http://startgo123.com’ into Target property. So, each time you run the web-browser, you will see the Startgo123.com annoying web page.
In addition, the Startgo123.com browser hijacker infection can also change the search engine selected in the internet browser. When you try to search on the infected browser, you will be presented with a fake search results, consisting of advertisements and Google (or Yahoo, or Bing) search results for your query. Among these search results can occur very dangerous links that lead to malicious and misleading web-sites.
Often, the system, that has been infected with Startgo123.com browser hijacker, will be also infected with ad supported software, which will show a huge number of various advertising links. This may be pop-ups, text links in the web-pages, banners where they never had. What is more, the adware may replace the legitimate ads with malicious advertising links that will offer to download and install malware and unwanted software or visit the various dangerous and misleading web sites.
How to Startgo123.com browser hijacker get installed onto personal computer
How to manually remove Startgo123.com
Without a doubt, the hijacker infection is harmful to your computer. So you need to quickly and completely remove this malicious software. To remove this hijacker, you can use the manual removal which are given below, or use an anti-malware tool for removing dangerous applications, such as Malwarebytes Anti-malware and AdwCleaner (both are free). I note that we recommend that you use automatic removal, which will allow you to uninstall Startgo123.com search easily and safely. Manual removal is best used only if you are well versed in computer or in the case where browser hijacker is not removed automatically.
- Uninstall Startgo123.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Startgo123.com
- Remove Startgo123.com homepage from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove Startgo123.com redirect from Google Chrome
- Delete Startgo123.com startpage from Internet Explorer
Uninstall Startgo123.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to start the PC cleanup is to delete unknown and suspicious software. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, for one simple reason, many free programs at its installation additionally set various unneeded programs that most often generate unwanted advertising and redirect your browser to unknown and malicious sites. So, remove the unneeded applications may cleanup your browser from popups, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all applications installed on the computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Startgo123.com search
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut which you use to start your browser. Next, select the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the browser which is redirected to the Startgo123.com or other annoying site.
Further, necessary to look at the text which is written in the “Target” field. The browser hijacker can replace the contents of this field, which describes the file to be run when you launch your web-browser. Depending on the internet browser you are using, there should be:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
If you are seeing an unknown text like “http://startgo123.com” that has been added here, then you should remove it, as shown on the screen below. Next, press the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you start the web-browser from this desktop shortcut, it does not occur automatically redirect on the Startgo123.com page or any other unwanted pages. Once the step is done, we recommend to go to the next step.
Remove Startgo123.com homepage from Mozilla Firefox
First, launch the Firefox. Open the main menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button (). In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown below. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Startgo123.com redirect from Google Chrome
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Next click to Settings option. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as_shown and click on the Reset settings button. Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Delete Startgo123.com startpage from Internet Explorer
First, launch the Internet Explorer. Next, open Tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options”. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button. You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
How to remove Startgo123.com with Antimalware
Manual removal Startgo123.com search requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the hijacker may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the free program will help you to get rid of malware, ad-supported software (adware) and toolbars that your system may be infected too.
- Please download MalwareBytes Anti-malware to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download process is finished, please close all software and open windows on your system. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- This will open the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti-malware onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Antimalware will start and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button for the hijacker removal scan. It will begin scanning your PC for the browser hijacker which redirects your browser to the Startgo123.com unwanted site. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the MalwareBytes Anti-malware has finished scanning, it will display a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, click the “Remove Selected” button to start cleaning your computer. Once the process is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop Startgo123.com startpage and other annoying pages
To increase your security and protect your PC system against new unwanted advertising banners and dangerous web-sites, you need to use an program that stops access to dangerous ads and web pages. Moreover, the application can block the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
Once the download is finished, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown on the image below.
Follow the prompts. After installation is finished, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop-up ads, web-pages such Startgo123.com, as well as other malicious or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
Uninstall Startgo123.com hijacker and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot get rid of this browser hijacker infection, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: December 9, 2021
Once finished, open a directory in which you saved it. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen as shown on the screen below.
Press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for Startgo123.com browser hijacker infection and internet browser’s malicious extensions. Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report as shown on the image below.
Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will open a prompt.
Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is finished, the AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your system.
When your PC system is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for Startgo123.com redirect removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with Startgo123.com removal.