What is Shugraithou.com? The Shugraithou.com is an intrusive webpage that will directly lead you a variety of advertising sites. Some of them can be questionable or misleading web-pages. Computer security specialists has determined that users are redirected to Shugraithou.com by a variety of PUPs from the adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) family. The undesired software usually gets installed alongside free applications, codecs and shareware. Aside from causing redirects, the adware also can show a ton of pop-ups, slow down the PC system and continually collect a wide variety of personal info.
Technically, the adware is not a virus, but it does bad things, it generates a lot of ads. It may download and install on to your system other harmful and undesired programs without your permission, force you to visit misleading or harmful pages. Moreover, the adware can install web-browser hijacker. Once installed, it will modify your web-browser setting like home page, search engine and new tab page with an undesired website.
The adware can modify the settings of the Google Chrome, MS Edge, Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer, but often that a malicious software such as this can also infect all types of internet browsers by modifying their desktop shortcut files. Thus forcing the user each time open the web browser to see the undesired Shugraithou.com page.
Instructions which is shown below, will help you to clean your system from the adware as well as get rid of Shugraithou.com unwanted popup ads from the Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge and other web-browsers.
Remove Shugraithou.com redirect (removal instructions)
Without a doubt, the ad-supported software is harmful to your computer. So you need to quickly and completely delete this adware responsible for Shugraithou.com pop-up ads. To remove this ‘ad supported’ software, you may use the manual removal steps which are given below or free malware removal tool such as Zemana Free, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) or Hitman Pro (all are free). We advise you use automatic removal method which will allow you to remove Shugraithou.com popups easily and safely. Manual removal is best used only if you’re well versed in PC or in the case where ad-supported software is not uninstalled automatically. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your internet browser or reboot your PC system.
To remove Shugraithou.com, execute the steps below:
- Remove Shugraithou.com pop-up advertisements without any tools
- Delete Shugraithou.com associated software by using MS Windows Control Panel
- Get rid of Shugraithou.com pop up advertisements from Firefox
- Remove Shugraithou.com advertisements from Google Chrome
- Remove Shugraithou.com pop up advertisements from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
- Disinfect the web browser’s shortcuts to delete Shugraithou.com redirect
- Delete Shugraithou.com pop up ads with free programs
- Use AdBlocker to stop Shugraithou.com and stay safe online
- Tips to prevent Shugraithou.com ads and other unwanted applications
- Finish words
Remove Shugraithou.com pop-up advertisements without any tools
If you perform exactly the guidance below you should be able to remove the Shugraithou.com pop-ups from the IE, Firefox, MS Edge and Chrome browsers.
Delete Shugraithou.com associated software by using MS Windows Control Panel
It’s of primary importance to first identify and remove all potentially unwanted applications, adware applications and hijackers through ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (Windows XP) or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 10, 8, 7) section of your Windows Control Panel.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, press “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all apps installed on your machine. Scroll through the all list, and delete any suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort applications by date in the Control panel.
Get rid of Shugraithou.com pop up advertisements from Firefox
If your Firefox internet browser is re-directed to Shugraithou.com without your permission or an unknown search provider shows results for your search, then it may be time to perform the browser reset.
Start the Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the internet browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will open the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the adware that causes lots of intrusive Shugraithou.com popup advertisements. After, it’s complete, press the “Finish” button.
Remove Shugraithou.com advertisements from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the adware, harmful and adware extensions, as well as to restore the internet browser’s default search provider, new tab and homepage that have been modified by ad-supported software that causes a lot of annoying Shugraithou.com advertisements.
- First start the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your web browser’s search provider by default, homepage and new tab will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Shugraithou.com pop up advertisements from Microsoft Internet Explorer
By resetting Microsoft Internet Explorer web-browser you revert back your web-browser settings to its default state. This is first when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by ad supported software that causes internet browsers to show intrusive Shugraithou.com pop ups.
First, run the Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then click the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button like below.
When the process is done, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and restart your system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s search provider by default, newtab page and home page to default state.
Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the unwanted Shugraithou.com web-site opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all tasks which have been created by ‘ad-supported’ programs.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard simultaneously. This displays a prompt that titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown in the following example.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Please select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your computer. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then remove this harmful task. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it is a component of the unwanted applications, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to delete, then press on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicious program. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
Disinfect the web browser’s shortcuts to delete Shugraithou.com redirect
Unfortunately, the ‘ad supported’ software that redirects your web browser to intrusive Shugraithou.com website, can also hijack Windows shortcut files (mostly, your internet browsers shortcut files), so that the Shugraithou.com ad web site will be opened when you start the FF, Chrome, MS Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer or another browser.
To clear the browser shortcut file, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text like “http://site.address” that has been added here. You need to delete it.
When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcut files of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Delete Shugraithou.com pop up ads with free programs
If you’re not expert at computer technology, then we advise to run free removal tools listed below to delete Shugraithou.com popup advertisements for good. The automatic way is highly recommended. It has less steps and easier to implement than the manual solution. Moreover, it lower risk of system damage. So, the automatic Shugraithou.com removal is a better option.
Automatically remove Shugraithou.com advertisements with Zemana Anti-malware
Zemana Anti-malware highly recommended, because it can scan for security threats such adware and adwares that most ‘classic’ antivirus programs fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Shugraithou.com ads removal problems which cannot be fixed by this utility automatically, then Zemana Anti-malware provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Click the link below to download the latest version of Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) for Microsoft Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- When downloading is complete, close all apps and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that responsible for browser redirect to the annoying Shugraithou.com web site. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Zemana AntiMalware is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- After that process is finished, the results are displayed in the scan report. In order to remove all threats, simply press “Next”. After disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot your system.
Remove Shugraithou.com popup ads from internet browsers with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a completely free (30 day trial) utility. You don’t need expensive ways to delete adware related to Shugraithou.com redirect and other malicious applications. HitmanPro will delete all the undesired applications like adware and browser hijackers for free.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for Windows. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: December 8, 2017
- When the downloading process is complete, start the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, press the “Next” to begin scanning your system for the adware which developed to redirect your internet browser to various ad websites such as Shugraithou.com. Depending on your system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the Hitman Pro is checking, you can see count of objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- Once HitmanPro has finished scanning your machine, the results are displayed in the scan report. Review the scan results and then press “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
Remove Shugraithou.com popup ads with Malwarebytes
Manual Shugraithou.com advertisements removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We recommend that run the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your PC system of adware. Moreover, the free application will help you to remove malicious software, potentially unwanted programs, browser hijacker infections and toolbars that your computer can be infected too.
- MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 9, 2017
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the download is complete, please close all apps and open windows on your PC system. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Free onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will run and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes tool will start scanning the whole personal computer to find out adware that causes a large amount of intrusive Shugraithou.com popups. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. While the MalwareBytes Free utility is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as being affected by malicious software.
- Once the checking is finished, a list of all items detected is produced.
- Once you’ve selected what you want to delete from your system click the “Quarantine Selected” button. When finished, you may be prompted to restart the system.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Use AdBlocker to stop Shugraithou.com and stay safe online
In order to increase your security and protect your PC system against new intrusive advertisements and harmful pages, you need to use adblocker program that stops an access to malicious ads and web pages. Moreover, the program may stop the open of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Click the following link to download the latest version of AdGuard for MS Windows. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
After the download is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. When the install is done, you will see a window as displayed below.
You can click “Skip” to close the setup application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your machine, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop-up advertisements, web-pages like Shugraithou.com, as well as other harmful or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
Tips to prevent Shugraithou.com ads and other unwanted applications
Most of undesired pop-ups such as Shugraithou.com advertisements come from internet browser toolbars, internet browser extensions, BHOs (browser helper objects) and optional apps. Most commonly, these items claim itself as applications that improve your experience on the World Wide Web by providing a fast and interactive startpage or a search engine that does not track you. Remember, how to avoid the unwanted apps. Be cautious, launch only reputable software which download from reputable sources. NEVER install any unknown and suspicious applications.
After completing the tutorial shown above, your computer should be clean from this adware and other malicious software. The FF, MS Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Chrome will no longer display intrusive Shugraithou.com web-page when you browse the Net. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step guide does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the undesired Shugraithou.com popups.