The All Social is a browser hijacker. It’s a type of potentially unwanted software. Unlike viruses, it’ll not delete or infect your files, but its actions will cause some problems with your internet browser. This is because that it’ll infect your personal computer, get full access to your browsers such as Edge, IE, Firefox and Google Chrome and be able to modify their settings. Of course, it did not ask you for permission and do it secretly as possible. Once your web-browser settings will be modified, you’ll be redirected to unwanted web pages completely, certain of which can be dangerous or misleading pages. For this reason, we suggest that you remove All Social hijacker sooner and thereby restore your previous homepage and search provider.
When you are performing searches using the web browser that has been affected by All Social, the search results will be returned from Bing, Yahoo or Google Custom Search. The devs behind All Social browser hijacker are most probably doing this to make advertisement money from the ads displayed in the search results.
It’s not a good idea to have an undesired program such as All Social hijacker on your machine. The reason for this is simple, it doing things you do not know about. The browser hijacker infection can gather personal data which may be later used for marketing purposes. You do not know if your home address, account names and passwords are safe. And of course you completely do not know what will happen when you click on any advertisements on the All Social web site.
Thus, it is clear that the presence of browser hijacker infection on your personal computer is not desirable, and you need to clean up your computer immediately. Follow the few simple steps below in order to remove All Social from Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
Remove All Social New Tab
We can help you remove All Social, without the need to take your PC system to a professional. Simply follow the removal guidance below if you currently have the intrusive browser hijacker on your computer and want to remove it. If you have any difficulty while trying to remove the hijacker, feel free to ask for our help in the comment section below. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to exit your web-browser or reboot your computer.
To remove All Social, perform the steps below:
- How to manually remove All Social
- Run free malware removal tools to completely remove All Social home page
- Run AdBlocker to stop All Social and stay safe online
- Do not know how your browser has been hijacked by All Social browser hijacker?
- To sum up
How to manually remove All Social
Steps to remove All Social hijacker infection without any apps are presented below. Be sure to carry out the step-by-step guidance completely to fully remove this intrusive All Social redirect.
Remove potentially unwanted apps through the MS Windows Control Panel
In order to remove All Social, first thing you need to do is to uninstall unknown and questionable programs from your PC using Microsoft Windows control panel. When deleting this hijacker, check the list of installed apps and try to find suspicious programs and remove them all. Pay special attention to recently installed applications, as it is most likely that the All Social browser hijacker сame along with it.
Make sure you have closed all web-browsers and other software. Press CTRL, ALT, DEL keys together to open the Windows Task Manager.
Click on the “Processes” tab, look for something questionable that is the browser hijacker that cause All Social web-page to appear then right-click it and select “End Task” or “End Process” option. Most commonly, malware masks itself to avoid detection by imitating legitimate Microsoft Windows processes. A process is particularly suspicious: it’s taking up a lot of memory (despite the fact that you closed all of your programs), its name is not familiar to you (if you’re in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for its name in Google, Yahoo or Bing).
Next, delete any undesired and suspicious programs from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, click the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Choose “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of apps installed on your computer. Most probably, one of them is the browser hijacker that redirects your web browser to unwanted All Social web-site. Choose the suspicious application or the program that name is not familiar to you and uninstall it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in MS Windows, select “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, choose “Uninstall a program”.
Choose the suspicious or any unknown programs, then click “Uninstall/Change” button to remove this unwanted application from your system.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Choose an undesired program, then click “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Get rid of All Social from Google Chrome
In order to be sure that there is nothing left behind, we advise you to reset Chrome web browser. It’ll revert back Chrome settings including new tab page, home page and search provider to defaults.
- First, run the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset settings dialog box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove All Social redirect from Mozilla Firefox
Resetting your FF is first troubleshooting step for any issues with your browser program, including the redirect to All Social web-page.
First, start the FF and click button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Further, press the Help button () like below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page as on the image below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation prompt. Further, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the hijacker infection which cause a reroute to All Social web-page. Once, it is complete, press the “Finish” button.
Remove All Social startpage from Microsoft Internet Explorer
First, launch the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect.
Run free malware removal tools to completely remove All Social home page
There are not many good free anti malware applications with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malware removal tools depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malware, ad supported software, hijackers and other potentially unwanted programs. We recommend to use several applications, not just one. These programs which listed below will help you remove all components of the browser hijacker from your disk and Windows registry and thereby delete All Social redirect.
Automatically get rid of All Social with Zemana
Zemana Anti Malware highly recommended, because it can scan for security threats such adware and browser hijackers that most ‘classic’ antivirus applications fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any All Social hijacker removal problems which cannot be fixed by this tool automatically, then Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Download Zemana AntiMalware on your Microsoft Windows Desktop from the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When downloading is finished, please close all apps and open windows on your PC. Next, start a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Anti Malware onto your machine. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti Malware will launch and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to begin scanning your system for the hijacker that modifies browser settings to replace your search provider, new tab page and homepage with All Social site. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your computer and the speed of your system. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is complete.
- When the scan is finished, Zemana Free will show a list of detected items.
- Review the results once the utility has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press the “Next” button. The utility will delete hijacker responsible for redirecting your browser to All Social site and move items to the program’s quarantine. When the clean-up is finished, you may be prompted to restart the PC.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) and continue with the next step.
Remove All Social hijacker infection and malicious extensions with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a free utility which can search for hijacker responsible for All Social startpage. It is not always easy to locate all the undesired applications that your computer might have picked up on the World Wide Web. HitmanPro will find the adware, hijacker infections and other malicious software you need to erase.
- Click the following link to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the download is complete, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this tool is opened, click “Next” button to perform a system scan for the hijacker which cause All Social page to appear. This process can take some time, so please be patient. While the Hitman Pro utility is scanning, you may see number of objects it has identified as being affected by malicious software.
- When the scan is finished, Hitman Pro will create a list of unwanted and adware. In order to delete all items, simply click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Automatically remove All Social redirect with Malwarebytes
Manual All Social homepage removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the browser hijacker may be not completely removed. We recommend that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your computer of browser hijacker. Moreover, the free program will allow you to get rid of malware, PUPs, adware and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Installing the MalwareBytes Anti Malware is simple. First you’ll need to download MalwareBytes Free from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download is done, please close all software and open windows on your PC system. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Anti Malware onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes AntiMalware will launch and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Anti-Malware program will scan through the whole personal computer for the All Social browser hijacker and other web browser’s malicious addons. While the MalwareBytes Free program is checking, you can see count of objects it has identified as threat.
- After the scan is finished, MalwareBytes Free will display a scan report.
- All found threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click the “Quarantine Selected” button. Once that process is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the machine.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Run AdBlocker to stop All Social and stay safe online
The AdGuard is a very good adblocker program for the Chrome, MS Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, with active user support. It does a great job by removing certain types of intrusive ads, popunders, pop-ups, undesired new tabs, and even full page ads and web-page overlay layers. Of course, the AdGuard can block the All Social redirect automatically or by using a custom filter rule.
Download AdGuard from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown in the figure below.
Follow the prompts. After the installation is finished, you will see a window as displayed in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop pop-up ads, web-pages like All Social, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
Do not know how your browser has been hijacked by All Social browser hijacker?
To sum up
Now your personal computer should be clean of the hijacker infection responsible for redirecting your web browser to All Social web-site. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop-up advertisements and intrusive malicious web sites) and Zemana Anti Malware (to periodically scan your PC for new malware, hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new hijackers, harmful applications and ad-supported software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove All Social search from your browser, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.