The “.Net Frame Work File Missing” is a misleading ad page that has been created to trick you into calling to fake Microsoft Official Support. If you’re seeing this annoying fake warning then most probably that your web-browser is infected with ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware). As a result of the adware infection, your web-browser will be full of advertisements (pop-ups, banners, in-text links, offers to install unwanted programs) and your computer will be slower and slower.
Most often, the adware affects the most common web-browsers like the Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and MS Edge. But such the harmful software as well may infect another web-browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding an argument like ‘http://site.address’ into Target field of a browser’s shortcut). So every time you run the web-browser, it’ll redirect to the annoying “.Net Frame Work File Missing” ad page. Even if you setup a new startpage, an unwanted web page will be the first thing you see when you run the Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer.
While your machine is infected with the ad-supported software, the Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer may be rerouted to “.Net Frame Work File Missing” annoying ads. Of course, the ‘ad supported’ software may not cause damages to your files or Windows system, but it may display lots of annoying ads. These advertisements will be injected within the content of web-pages that are you opening in your internet browser and can be varied: pop-up ads, in-text ads, different sized banners, offers to install an questionable software. The ads will appear on all sites, including web-sites where previously you have never seen any advertising links.
Instructions, which is shown below, will allow you to clean your machine from the adware as well as delete “.Net Frame Work File Missing” annoying pop-ups from the Firefox, Chrome, IE and Edge and other browsers.
How did “.Net Frame Work File Missing” pop-ups get on your machine
How to manually remove “.Net Frame Work File Missing” pop-ups
This instructions will assist you remove “.Net Frame Work File Missing” fake warnings. The removal steps work for the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer, as well as every version of Windows operating system. Some of the steps may require you to close the web browser or reboot your PC. So, bookmark or print it for later reference.
- Delete suspicious and unknown applications by using Windows Control Panel
- Get rid of “.Net Frame Work File Missing” ads from Chrome
- Delete “.Net Frame Work File Missing” pop-ups from Firefox
- Get rid of “.Net Frame Work File Missing” pop-up from Internet Explorer
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Delete suspicious and unknown applications by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the system cleanup is to remove unknown and suspicious applications. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded programs can clean up your browser from advertisements, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed programs.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Get rid of “.Net Frame Work File Missing” ads from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to delete the malware and adware, as well as to restore the browser’s settings that have been replaced by adware.
- Now start the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next, click the “Reset” button.
- When this task is done, your internet browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your homepage and search engine by default.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Delete “.Net Frame Work File Missing” pop-ups from Firefox
First, start the FF. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, click the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, click “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Get rid of “.Net Frame Work File Missing” pop-up from Internet Explorer
To remove the “.Net Frame Work File Missing” popup you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the Windows was installed on your computer.
First, launch the IE, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will show the drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, you need to select the “Advanced” tab and click the “Reset” button. The IE will show the “Reset IE settings” prompt as shown on the image below. Next, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. After that, press the “Reset” button.
Once the task is finished, click “Close” button. Close the IE and restart your PC for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your internet browser’s settings to default state and disable ‘ad-supported’ extensions.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts
Once the ad supported software is started, it can also change the web browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument like “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the web browser, it will be redirected to an unwanted advertisements.
To clear the web-browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text which begins with “http://” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you launch your machine, it will show “.Net Frame Work File Missing” fake warnings. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all tasks that have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard together. It will display a dialog box which called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, like below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need get rid of this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it’s a component of the malicious program, then this task also should be removed.
Further press on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by unwanted programs. Once is done, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove “.Net Frame Work File Missing” pop-ups with free malware removal program
Manual removal “.Net Frame Work File Missing” pop-ups requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the ‘ad supported’ software may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your machine. Moreover, the free programs will help you to get rid of malware, internet browser hijackers and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- At the download page, click the Download button. Your web browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is done, please close all applications and open windows on your system. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will launch the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- Once the Setup wizard has finished installing, the malware remover will start and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button for scanning your computer for the ‘ad supported’ software which redirects your browser to the “.Net Frame Work File Missing” misleading ad page. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When it has finished scanning, it will display a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, press on “Quarantine Selected” button to begin cleaning your computer. When the task is complete, you may be prompted to reboot your system.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop “.Net Frame Work File Missing” pop-ups and other annoying sites
To increase your security and protect your system against new unwanted ads and malicious web-sites, you need to use application that blocks access to dangerous advertisements and web-sites. Moreover, the program can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
Once downloading is complete, run the file named adguardInstaller. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown below.
Follow the prompts. When the install is done, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and block pop-ups, .Net Frame Work File Missing misleading ads, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your Windows desktop.
Scan your computer and delete “.Net Frame Work File Missing” pop-up virus with AdwCleaner.
This removal application is free and easy to use. It can scan and remove adware, browser hijackers, malware and unwanted toolbars in Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Edge internet browsers and thereby restore back their default settings (homepage, new tab and default search engine). AdwCleaner is powerful enough to find and remove malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the PC system.
Download AdwCleaner tool from the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: January 8, 2019
Once downloading is done, open the file location and double-click the AdwCleaner icon. It will run the AdwCleaner utility and you will see a screen as on the image below. If the User Account Control dialog box will ask you want to show the program, click Yes button to continue.
Now, click the “Scan” to perform a system scan for the adware which cause a redirect to “.Net Frame Work File Missing” misleading ads.
When the system scan is finished, it will show a list of all items detected by this tool as on the image below.
You need to click “Clean” button. It will display a prompt, click “OK” to begin the cleaning procedure. Once the cleaning process is finished, the AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your computer. After restart, the AdwCleaner will show the log file.
All the above steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Now your personal computer should be free of the “.Net Frame Work File Missing” pop-ups. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted advertisements and unwanted dangerous web-pages) and Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your PC system for new malware and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new dangerous applications and ad-supported software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove windows warning errors from your system, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.