There are many types of malicious programs, the most common type is the internet browser hijacker. The browser hijacker infection such as Net-quick.com have a negative impact on the functioning of your personal computer by changing the web-browser’s settings. The main function of any hijacker infection is redirect you to an unwanted web page, instead of the one that you want to visit. Even if you try to manually open your homepage, your web-browser is anyway open another web site.
The Net-quick.com infection can alter settings of the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge and IE, but often that unwanted software such as this can also infect all types of web browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user to see Net-quick.com annoying web-page every time start the browser.
As mentioned above, the Net-quick.com browser hijacker infection also alters the web-browser’s search engine. So, your web browser, when searching something, will display a hodgepodge of advertisements, links to unwanted and add web-pages and search results of a big search engines such as Google or Bing. As a result, actual use of a internet browser’s search becomes uncomfortable. Moreover, it may also lead to slowing or even freeze your internet browser.
The Net-quick.com browser hijacker infection is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, changes internet browser settings, and blocks them from changing. Also this browser hijacker can install additional browser addons, extensions and modules that will display ads and popups. And finally, the Net-quick.com browser hijacker infection can collect a wide variety of personal information such as what web-pages you are opening, what you are looking for the Web and so on. This information, in the future, may be transferred to third parties.
So, it’s very important to clean your system as quickly as possible. The instructions, which is shown below, will assist you to remove Net-quick.com homepage from the FF, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge and other internet browsers.
How did you get infected with Net-quick.com hijacker
How to manually remove Net-quick.com
The simple answer is right here on this page. We have put together simplicity and efficiency. It will allow you easily to clean your PC of hijacker. Moreover, you can choose manual or automatic removal method. If you are familiar with the system then use manual removal, otherwise use the free anti-malware tool designed specifically to delete browser hijacker infection such as Net-quick.com. Of course, you can combine both methods. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your web browser or reboot your personal computer.
- Remove Net-quick.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Remove Net-quick.com redirect from Firefox
- Remove Net-quick.com homepage from Chrome
- Get rid of Net-quick.com from Internet Explorer
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of Net-quick.com redirect
Remove Net-quick.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the PC system cleanup is to uninstall unknown and suspicious programs. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded applications can clean up the Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge from pop-ups hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will show a list of all software installed on the PC.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Remove Net-quick.com redirect from Firefox
If the Mozilla Firefox settings like startpage, new tab page and default search engine have been changed by the hijacker, then resetting it to the default state can help.
First, open the FF and click button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, click the Help button () as shown on the image below
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown in the figure below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a process to fix your problems that caused by the Net-quick.com hijacker. When, it is finished, press the “Finish” button.
Remove Net-quick.com homepage from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the browser hijacker, dangerous and adware extensions, as well as to restore the web browser’s homepage, new tab page and search engine by default that have been changed by browser hijacker.
- First, launch the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Show advanced settings” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Net-quick.com from Internet Explorer
First, launch the Internet Explorer, press ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your machine for the changes to take effect. It will remove Net-quick.com hijacker infection, disable malicious and ad-supported web-browser’s extensions and restore the IE’s settings such as startpage, new tab page and default search engine to default state.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of Net-quick.com redirect
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut that you use to launch your internet browser. Next, select the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the web-browser which is redirected to the Net-quick.com or other annoying web page.
Further, necessary to look at the text that is written in the “Target” field. The hijacker infection can change the contents of this field, which describes the file to be start when you launch your internet browser. Depending on the web browser you are using, there should be:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
If you are seeing an unknown text similar “http://net-quick.com/ivi/” that has been added here, then you should remove it, as shown in the figure below.
Next, press the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you start the internet browser from this desktop shortcut, it does not occur automatically reroute on the Net-quick.com web-site or any other annoying web-pages. Once the step is finished, we recommend to go to the next step.
How to get rid of Net-quick.com with Malwarebytes
Delete Net-quick.com browser hijacker manually is difficult and often the infection is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your personal computer. Moreover, the free application will help you to get rid of malware, toolbars and adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) that your machine may be infected too.
- Download Malwarebytes (MBAM) by clicking on the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: November 9, 2017
- Close all programs and windows on your personal computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is done, click the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for Net-quick.com hijacker infection. This task can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Quarantine Selected”. Once disinfection is complete, you may be prompted to reboot your system.
The following video offers a steps on how to delete browser hijacker with Malwarebytes.
How to stop Net-quick.com startpage
To increase your security and protect your personal computer against new unwanted ads and dangerous sites, you need to use program that blocks access to malicious advertisements and web pages. Moreover, the software can block the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard application from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
- Once the downloading process is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the setup is done, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-ups, web-sites such Net-quick.com, as well as other dangerous or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
If the problem with Net-quick.com search is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove this hijacker, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal utility for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Category: Security tools
Update: October 27, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this utility is started, click “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the Net-quick.com browser hijacker.
- When it has finished scanning, the AdwCleaner will show a scan report. Review the report and then press “Clean” button. It will show a prompt, click “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Once you have finished the step-by-step instructions above, your PC should be clean from malware and browser hijackers. The FF, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge will no longer open Net-quick.com annoying start page on startup. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step instructions does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next click “Do a system scan only” button.
- When it has finished scanning, the scan button will read “Save log”, press it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted Net-quick.com .