Searchweb.xyz is a site, already at the first sight of which there are various doubts. Its own kind and description claims to be a legitimate Internet search engine. But in reality, its appearance in your browser means that your computer is infected with browser hijacker. This type of malicious software does not delete files or infect them, but like a virus can change PC settings such as the home page, newtab page and search provider by default. So, this page is not created in order to show relevant search results. It is designed to redirect users on various ads and often malicious and misleading web-sites. All the time, while this site will be set as your homepage and search engine, its authors will be able to collect lots of information about you, everything related to what are you doing on the World Wide Web. Thus, it is clear that the presence of web-browser hijacker on your system is not desirable, and you need to clean up your computer as quickly as possible in order to get rid of Searchweb.xyz annoying homepage.
Most often, the Searchweb.xyz browser hijacker affects the most common browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. But such hijackers as well may infect another internet browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding ‘http://www.searchweb.xyz/’ into Target field of a web-browser’s shortcut). So every time you start the web-browser, it will open Searchweb.xyz search. Even if you setup your homepage again, it is still the first thing you see when you start the internet browser will be the annoying Searchweb.xyz web page.
The Searchweb.xyz browser hijacker infection may also change the default search engine that will virtually block the possibility of finding information on the Net. The reason for this is that the Searchweb.xyz search results may open a huge number of advertisements, links to malicious and misleading web-sites. Only the remaining part is the result of your search request, loaded from the major search engines such as Google, Yahoo or Bing.
Also on the computer, together with Searchweb.xyz browser hijacker, can be installed adware, which will insert a large number of advertising links directly to the web-pages that you view, creating a sense that ads has been added by the creators of the web site. Moreover, a legal advertising links may be replaced on the fake advertising links, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful software. Moreover, the Searchweb.xyz browser hijacker has the ability to collect lots of personal information about you, which can later transfer to third parties.
How to Searchweb.xyz browser hijacker infection get installed onto system
How to manually remove Searchweb.xyz
This instructions will help you remove Searchweb.xyz . These Searchweb.xyz removal steps work for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system. Some of the steps may require you to close the browser or reboot your personal computer. So, bookmark or print it for later reference.
- Uninstall Searchweb.xyz associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete Searchweb.xyz search
- Remove Searchweb.xyz from Google Chrome
- Remove Searchweb.xyz startpage from Mozilla Firefox
- Get rid of Searchweb.xyz search in Internet Explorer
Uninstall Searchweb.xyz associated software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then press “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will display the Windows Control Panel as shown in the figure below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program” It will open a list of all programs installed on your PC system. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown applications.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete Searchweb.xyz search
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut which you use to launch your browser. Next, select the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the browser which is redirected to the Searchweb.xyz or other unwanted site.
Further, necessary to look at the text which is written in the “Target” field. The browser hijacker can replace the contents of this field, which describes the file to be run when you start your browser. Depending on the web-browser you are using, there should be:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
If you are seeing an unknown text like “http://www.searchweb.xyz/” that has been added here, then you should remove it, as shown below. Next, click the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you launch the internet browser from this desktop shortcut, it does not occur automatically redirect on the Searchweb.xyz page or any other annoying pages. Once the step is finished, we recommend to go to the next step.
Remove Searchweb.xyz from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to uninstall the malware and adware extensions, as well as to restore the web-browser’s settings that have been changed by browser hijacker.
- Open the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again. Press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is finished, your web-browser’s homepage, new tab page and search engine by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Searchweb.xyz startpage from Mozilla Firefox
First, launch the Firefox. Open the main menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button (). In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the image below. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Get rid of Searchweb.xyz search in Internet Explorer
First, open the Internet Explorer. Next, open Tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options”. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button. You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
How to remove Searchweb.xyz with Antimalware
Remove Searchweb.xyz hijacker manually is difficult and often the hijacker is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free program will help you to delete adware and toolbars that your PC may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: November 9, 2017
- Close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, click the “Scan Now” button to begin scanning your computer for Searchweb.xyz browser hijacker. This process can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and press “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block Searchweb.xyz startpage
To increase your security and protect your PC against new unwanted advertising banners and dangerous sites, you need to use application that blocks access to malicious ads and pages. Moreover, the software can block the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
- After the download is finished, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is complete, press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, web pages such Searchweb.xyz, as well as other dangerous or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Delete Searchweb.xyz hijacker and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove this browser hijacker infection, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: January 19, 2018
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen as shown in the figure below.
Press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for Searchweb.xyz browser hijacker infection and browser’s malicious extensions. Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report as shown on the screen below.
Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will open a prompt.
Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is done, the AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your system.
When your personal computer is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for Searchweb.xyz redirect removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with Searchweb.xyz removal.