Flash Disinfector is very good free program created by sUBs for removing autorun.inf trojans and protect your Flash/Pen drives from future infection. For protect your computer, the program will create a hidden folder, named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. This autorun.inf folder contains hidden file “lpt3.This folder was created by Flash_Disinfector”. You cannot remove this file using standard remove function. Read below how to remove this file and autorun.inf folder and uninstall Flash Disinfector protection.
Use the following instructions to remove Flash Disinfector protection (autorun.inf folder).
- Click Start -> Run.
- Type notepad and press Enter.
- Copy all the text below into Notepad.
attrib -A -H -S -R %drv%\autorun.inf
del \\.\%drv%\autorun.inf\"lpt3.This folder was created by Flash_Disinfector"
- Save this as remove_fd.bat to your Desktop (remember to select Save as file type: All files in Notepad).
- Double Click remove_fd.bat and wait for the dos window to close and file.txt will appear on the desktop.
- Repeat previous steps to all drives, make replacing c with the appropriate drive letter on second line in the code above.
If you need help with the instructions, then post your questions in our Anti-Spyware Software Discussion forum.