Have you become that your browser randomly shows xfinity.giveaways-news.net, instead of the one you want to see? It’s a sign that you have an installed adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) on your system. The adware is a part of dangerous software that created to display lots of unwanted pop-up ads. Use the few simple steps below ASAP. It will clear your computer from adware that generates a ton of advertisements in the web browser and thereby delete the reroute to xfinity.giveaways-news.net page.
The adware usually affects only the Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer by changing the browser’s settings or installing a dangerous extensions (addons). Moreover, possible situations, when any other internet browsers will be affected too. The adware will perform a scan of the computer for web browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the web-browser shortcuts, it will add the argument like ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you run the internet browser, you will see an annoying xfinity.giveaways-news.net web site.
While your system is infected with the ad supported software, the Google Chrome, FF, MS Edge and Internet Explorer may be redirected to xfinity.giveaways-news.net unwanted web-site. Of course, the adware may not cause damages to your files or Windows system, but it may display a large amount of unwanted advertisements. These advertisements will be injected within the content of web pages that are you opening in your internet browser and can be varied: pop-up ads, in-text ads, different sized banners, offers to install an questionable software. The ads will appear on all web-pages, including web-sites where previously you have never seen any advertisements. In this case, when you open any web site, you may see in your internet browser’s status bar the following messages: ‘Waiting for xfinity.giveaways-news.net’, ‘Transferring data from xfinity.giveaways-news.net’, ‘Looking up xfinity.giveaways-news.net’, ‘Read xfinity.giveaways-news.net’, ‘Connected to xfinity.giveaways-news.net’.
Therefore it is very important to follow the step-by-step guide below as soon as possible. The step-by-step instructions will assist you to remove ‘ad-supported’ software as well as clean your personal computer from the xfinity.giveaways-news.net pop ups. What is more, the steps below will help you remove other malicious software such as unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers, which could penetrate the machine along with the adware.
How does xfinity.giveaways-news.net advertisements get installed onto computer
How to manually remove xfinity.giveaways-news.net ads
This few simple steps will help you get rid of xfinity.giveaways-news.net pop-up ads. These xfinity.giveaways-news.net removal steps work for the Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and MS Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system. Some of the steps may require you to close the internet browser or reboot your PC. So, bookmark or print it for later reference.
- Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete xfinity.giveaways-news.net redirect
- Get rid of xfinity.giveaways-news.net pop-ups from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove xfinity.giveaways-news.net pop-up ads from Google Chrome
- Remove xfinity.giveaways-news.net pop-up ads from Internet Explorer
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to start the computer cleanup is to delete unknown and suspicious applications. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded programs can clean up your web-browser from popup ads, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed applications.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete xfinity.giveaways-news.net redirect
When the ‘ad-supported’ software is started, it can also alter the browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you run the web browser, it will be redirected to an annoying advertisements.
To clear the web browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that begins with “http://” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web browsers, as they may be infected too.
Get rid of xfinity.giveaways-news.net pop-ups from Mozilla Firefox
If the Firefox settings have been modified by the ‘ad-supported’ software, then resetting it to the default state can help you to delete the redirect onto xfinity.giveaways-news.net web-page.
First, start the Firefox and click button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Next, press the Help button () as shown on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web-browser address bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the image below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation dialog box, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the adware. Once it is finished, click the “Finish” button
Remove xfinity.giveaways-news.net pop-up ads from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a easy way to delete the malicious and ad-supported extensions, as well as to restore the internet browser’s home page, newtab page and search provider by default that have been changed by adware.
- Open the Google Chrome, then click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press the “Show advanced settings” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- Further, click the “Reset settings” button, which located at the bottom of the Advanced settings page.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, look the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove xfinity.giveaways-news.net pop-up ads from Internet Explorer
First, start the Internet Explorer, then press the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu as on the image below. Next, click the “Internet Options”.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown in the figure below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your PC for the changes to take effect.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you start your personal computer, it will show xfinity.giveaways-news.net unwanted site. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and delete all tasks that have been created by malicios application.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard together. It will show a prompt that titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown in the figure below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something such as “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it is a component of the adware, then this task also should be removed.
Further press on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ applications. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to delete xfinity.giveaways-news.net with free malware removal program
Manual removal xfinity.giveaways-news.net pop ups requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free programs will help you to remove malware, web browser hijackers and toolbars that your machine may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: November 9, 2017
- At the download page, click the Download button. Your browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your PC system. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will open the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- Once the Setup wizard has complete installing, the malware remover will start and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the ad-supported software which redirects your web browser to the xfinity.giveaways-news.net unwanted site. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the system scan is done, it will display a screen that contains a list of malicious programs that has been found.
- When you are ready, press on “Quarantine Selected” button to start cleaning your machine. When the process is finished, you may be prompted to reboot your computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop xfinity.giveaways-news.net pop-up ads and other unwanted web sites
To increase your security and protect your machine against new unwanted ads and malicious web-pages, you need to use program that stops access to malicious ads and web pages. Moreover, the program can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
After downloading is finished, start the file named adguardInstaller. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown on the image below.
Follow the prompts. When the installation is finished, you will see a window as shown below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop-ups, web-sites such as xfinity.giveaways-news.net, as well as other dangerous or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your Windows desktop.
Get rid of xfinity.giveaways-news.net pop-ups and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes cannot delete the annoying xfinity.giveaways-news.net ads from the Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for ad supported software, browser hijackers, PUPs and toolbars.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: February 8, 2018
After downloading is complete, open the directory in which you saved it. Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this utility is launched, you will see a screen like below.
Now, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the malicious extensions and ad supported software which displays ads from xfinity.giveaways-news.net web-page. Once the scanning is finished, it will open a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”. Once the cleaning process is complete, AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your computer.
Look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the AdwCleaner to remove ad supported software, browser hijackers and other dangerous programs.
Once you have done the few simple steps outlined above, your PC should be clean from malware and ad supported software. The Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Edge will no longer display xfinity.giveaways-news.net annoying ads and redirect you to unknown web-pages. Unfortunately, if the instructions does not help you, then you have caught a new type of adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis using the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next click “Do a system scan only” button.
- When the system scan is finished, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying xfinity.giveaways-news.net ads.