What is sslcasino.net
The sslcasino.net is a page that opens annoying advertisements and may redirect to other ad web-sites. If the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge displays this web-page then most probably that your PC is infected with an adware.
A malicious software from the ad supported software family that changes the settings of browsers usually affects only the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge. However, possible situations, when any other web-browsers will be affected too. The adware may change the Target property of a web-browser’s shortcut, so every time you start the web-browser, instead of your homepage, you will see the unwanted sslcasino.net advertisements.
The ad supported software may insert a huge number of advertisements directly to the web-sites that you visit, creating a sense that the advertisements has been added by the creators of the web-page. Moreover, a legal advertising may be replaced on the fake advertising, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful programs. Moreover, the adware has the ability to collect a tons of personal information about you (your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
Therefore it is very important to as quickly as possible follow the guide below to get rid of ad supported software and clean your system from the redirect to sslcasino.net ads. What is more, the guide will help you remove other malicious software such as unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers, which could penetrate the PC along with the adware.
How does sslcasino.net advertising get installed onto personal computer
How to manually remove sslcasino.net
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually delete sslcasino.net redirect from the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete sslcasino.net redirect
- Remove sslcasino.net redirect from Chrome
- Remove sslcasino.net from Mozilla Firefox
- Get rid of sslcasino.net from Internet Explorer
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Click “Uninstall a program” It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of sslcasino.net redirect
Once installed, the adware may add “http://sslcasino.net” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Due to this, every time you launch the internet browser, it will display the sslcasino.net unwanted web page.
Right click on the browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://sslcasino.net” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe. Click OK to save changes. You need to clean all internet browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
Remove sslcasino.net redirect from Chrome
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button. Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Remove sslcasino.net from Mozilla Firefox
Open the Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Get rid of sslcasino.net from Internet Explorer
Open the Internet Explorer tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the “Internet Options”. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button. You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Remove sslcasino.net advertisements with MalwareBytes Anti-malware.
Remove sslcasino.net ads manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC system. The MalwareBytes Anti-malware is a reputable malware removal software. It can automatically detect and remove the adware of the your personal computer. Moreover, this free software will help you to remove browser hijackers, malware and toolbars that your computer may be infected too. You can follow these simple steps below to eliminate the sslcasino.net annoying advertising completely.
Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: May 12, 2017
Once downloaded, close all programs and windows on your personal computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup like below.
When the installation begins, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will help you install MalwareBytes Anti-malware on your computer.
Once installation is complete, you will see window similar to the one below.
Now click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your system for the adware which causes the redirect to sslcasino.net page. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected” button. The MalwareBytes Anti-malware will start to remove the adware related files, folders, registry keys. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block sslcasino.net
To increase your security and protect your personal computer against new unwanted advertisements and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous advertisements and web-pages. Moreover, the software can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, sslcasino.net redirects, as well as other malicious or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with sslcasino.net ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the redirect to sslcasino.net advertising, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Category: Security tools
Update: August 1, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that generates the sslcasino.net advertising.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for sslcasino.net ads removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the unwanted sslcasino.net advertising.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.