Hi, I need a help. Looks like my laptop is infected with a virus that opens a lot of annoying ads within Chrome screen. How to remove this virus ?
To remove a virus that displays a lot of annoying ads please follow the steps below:
I suggests Chrome Cleanup Tool. In addition, use the free utilities AdwCleaner and MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
- Download the latest version of Chrome Cleanup Tool from this link http://www.myantispyware.com/download/chrome-cleanup-tool .
- Close all other applications and double-click chrome_cleanup_tool.exe.
- Chrome Cleanup Tool will run a scan process. After the scan finishes click Remove or Continue button.
- Next, you will be prompted if you want to reset Chrome settings to default state, click Reset.
- Now, please download AdwCleaner by Xplode from http://www.myantispyware.com/download/adwcleaner .
- Close all open programs. Double click on AdwCleaner.exe, then select I agree if it appears. Click Scan
- When the scan of your PC has completed. Click on Clean button.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware from http://www.myantispyware.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware . Once downloaded, run “mbam-setup” to start the installation of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. It will open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Setup Wizard. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is done, click to “Scan now” to perform a system scan. When the scan has completed, click on the “Remove Selected” button.