If you’ve noticed that the Package Tracker Express webpage is set as your start page or search provider and you cannot recall making those changes, then that’s a clear sign that your computer is infected by a potentially unwanted application (PUA) from the hijacker family and you should fix it as quickly as possible. In this post we will inform you about the effective solutions to get rid of Package Tracker Express from the Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer for good.
Besides the fact that Package Tracker Express browser hijacker rewrites your start page, this annoying webpage can set yourself as your search provider. But, obviously, it does not give you a good search results, as they will consist of a huge count of ads, links to undesired and ad web-sites and only the remaining part is search results for your query from the major search engines. Of course, the very fact that you encounter with the inability to properly search the Web, is an unpleasant moment.
And finally, the Package Tracker Express browser hijacker has the ability to gather lots of personal information about you like what web sites you are opening, what you are looking for the World Wide Web and so on. This information, in the future, can be transferred to third parties.
|Name||Package Tracker Express|
|Type||browser hijacker, search provider hijacker, start page hijacker, toolbar, unwanted new tab, redirect virus|
|Removal||Package Tracker Express removal guide|
We suggest you to clean your PC system of browser hijacker as quickly as possible. Use the steps below which will help to remove Package Tracker Express and adware, which can be installed onto your computer along with it.
How to Remove Package Tracker Express homepage
In the step-by-step guidance below we will have a look at the hijacker and how to delete Package Tracker Express from Edge, Chrome, Firefox and IE web-browsers for Microsoft Windows OS, natively or by using a few free removal tools. Some of the steps will require you to reboot your machine or exit this webpage. So, read this instructions carefully, then bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove Package Tracker Express, follow the steps below:
- How to delete Package Tracker Express manually
- How to delete Package Tracker Express automatically
- Use AdBlocker to block Package Tracker Express and stay safe online
- Prevent Package Tracker Express browser hijacker from installing
- To sum up
How to delete Package Tracker Express manually
Steps to delete Package Tracker Express browser hijacker without any software are presented below. Be sure to carry out the step-by-step steps completely to fully get rid of this unwanted Package Tracker Express .
Uninstall PUPs through the Windows Control Panel
First method for manual hijacker infection removal is to go into the Windows “Control Panel”, then “Uninstall a program” console. Take a look at the list of apps on your system and see if there are any questionable and unknown programs. If you see any, you need to remove them. Of course, before doing so, you can do an Internet search to find details on the program. If it is a potentially unwanted program, adware software or malicious software, you will likely find information that says so.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then press “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will display the Windows Control Panel as on the image below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all applications installed on your PC. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any questionable and unknown apps.
Get rid of Package Tracker Express redirect from Firefox
This step will help you get rid of Package Tracker Express, third-party toolbars, disable malicious add-ons and revert back your default start page, new tab and search provider settings.
First, run the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed in the following example.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Package Tracker Express from Chrome
If you are getting Package Tracker Express instead of your homepage or search provider, then you can try to get rid of it by resetting Chrome to its default values. It will also clear cookies, content and site data, temporary and cached data. Essential information like bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
- First run the Google Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is done, your web-browser’s default search provider, newtab and startpage will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Delete Package Tracker Express home page from Microsoft Internet Explorer
In order to restore all browser search provider, home page and newtab you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your computer.
First, launch the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then press the “Internet Options” as shown below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as displayed on the image below.
When the procedure is done, press “Close” button. Close the IE and reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s homepage, search provider by default and new tab to default state.
How to delete Package Tracker Express automatically
AntiMalware software differ from each other by many features such as performance, scheduled scans, automatic updates, virus signature database, technical support, compatibility with other antivirus programs and so on. We suggest you use the following free applications: Zemana Anti-Malware, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) and Hitman Pro. Each of these programs has all of needed features, but most importantly, they can identify the hijacker and get rid of Package Tracker Express from the Chrome, MS Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
How to automatically delete Package Tracker Express with Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM)
Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) highly recommended, because it can scan for security threats such browser hijacker infection and adware software that most ‘classic’ antivirus programs fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Package Tracker Express browser hijacker removal problems which cannot be fixed by this utility automatically, then Zemana Anti Malware provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Installing the Zemana is simple. First you will need to download Zemana Anti Malware on your computer from the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: February 14, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is finished, please close all apps and open windows on your computer. Next, run a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Free will open and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the hijacker that changes web-browser settings to replace your homepage, newtab and default search provider with Package Tracker Express web-page. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Zemana program is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- Once the system scan is complete, Zemana Free will produce a list of unwanted programs and hijacker.
- In order to remove all threats, simply click the “Next” button. The tool will start to delete browser hijacker responsible for redirecting user searches to Package Tracker Express. After disinfection is complete, you may be prompted to restart the machine.
- Close the Zemana Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Run Hitman Pro to remove Package Tracker Express from the personal computer
HitmanPro is a free utility that can identify browser hijacker infection which cause Package Tracker Express website to appear. It is not always easy to locate all the junk applications that your personal computer might have picked up on the Internet. Hitman Pro will search for the adware, browser hijackers and other malware you need to uninstall.
Download Hitman Pro on your MS Windows Desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Once downloading is done, open the directory in which you saved it and double-click the Hitman Pro icon. It will start the Hitman Pro utility. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to open the program, press Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Next” to scan for hijacker infection that modifies web browser settings to replace your newtab page, search provider and homepage with Package Tracker Express web site.
Once HitmanPro has completed scanning, you will be shown the list of all detected items on your computer as shown on the image below.
Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click “Next” button. It will show a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button. The HitmanPro will start to delete hijacker infection that causes browsers to display unwanted Package Tracker Express web-page. After finished, the utility may ask you to reboot your machine.
Delete Package Tracker Express homepage with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM)
If you’re still having problems with the Package Tracker Express — or just wish to check your computer occasionally for hijacker and other malware — download MalwareBytes. It is free for home use, and finds and removes various unwanted applications that attacks your PC system or degrades computer performance. MalwareBytes can remove adware, PUPs as well as malicious software, including ransomware and trojans.
- First, please go to the link below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti Malware.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- After the download is done, close all applications and windows on your PC system. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is complete, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the hijacker related to Package Tracker Express search. This task can take some time, so please be patient. While the utility is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- Once MalwareBytes Free has completed scanning your computer, MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will display you the results. Review the report and then click “Quarantine Selected”. When that process is complete, you may be prompted to reboot your machine.
The following video offers a instructions on how to get rid of browser hijacker infections, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes.
Use AdBlocker to block Package Tracker Express and stay safe online
We recommend to install an ad-blocking application that may block Package Tracker Express and other unwanted web-sites. The adblocker utility like AdGuard is a program which basically removes advertising from the Net and blocks access to malicious web sites. Moreover, security experts says that using adblocker software is necessary to stay safe when surfing the Internet.
- AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the install is complete, press “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop undesired ads, block Package Tracker Express, as well as other harmful or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that may be found on your desktop.
Prevent Package Tracker Express browser hijacker from installing
To sum up
Now your PC should be free of the browser hijacker infection responsible for redirecting user searches to Package Tracker Express. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop-ups and undesired malicious web-sites) and Zemana (to periodically scan your system for new malware, hijacker infections and adware software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Microsoft Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijacker infections, malicious apps and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Package Tracker Express start page from your internet browser, then ask for help here.