If you are getting Shipment Tracker when you try to start your web browser then it is a sign that you’ve Browser hijacker installed on your PC system. Browser hijacker is a type of PUPs whose motive is to make revenue for its developer. It have different ways of earning by showing the ads forcibly to its victims. Shipment Tracker can show intrusive advertisements, alter the victim’s browser search provider and startpage, or redirect the victim’s browser to unwanted web-sites. Below we are discussing the solutions which are very effective in removing browser hijacker infection. The steps will also allow you to get rid of Shipment Tracker from your web-browser.
When the Shipment Tracker browser hijacker is installed on a internet browser, it can:
- set Shipment Tracker as default search engine, newtab, and home page;
- prevent users from changing search provider or startpage address;
- redirect your queries to sponsored websites;
- provide altered search results;
- record your search queries;
- periodically redirects to questionable websites;
- display annoying advertisements;
- gather World Wide Web browsing habits and transfer it third party companies.
We strongly suggest that you perform the tutorial below that will assist you to remove Shipment Tracker from your web-browser using the standard features of Windows and some proven freeware.
How to Remove Shipment Tracker from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
To remove Shipment Tracker from your internet browser, you must delete all suspicious software and every file that could be related to the browser hijacker. Besides, to restore your browser newtab, start page and search provider, you should reset the hijacked browsers. As soon as you’re done with Shipment Tracker removal process, we advise you scan your machine with malicious software removal tools listed below. It’ll complete the removal procedure on your PC.
To remove Shipment Tracker, follow the steps below:
- How to manually remove Shipment Tracker
- How to get rid of Shipment Tracker with free applications
- Stop Shipment Tracker redirect
- Why is my browser redirected to Shipment Tracker?
- To sum up
How to manually remove Shipment Tracker
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually get rid of Shipment Tracker redirect from the Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge and IE.
Delete Shipment Tracker related apps through the Control Panel of your computer
In order to delete potentially unwanted applications like this browser hijacker, open the MS Windows Control Panel and click on “Uninstall a program”. Check the list of installed applications. For the ones you do not know, run an Internet search to see if they are adware software, browser hijacker or potentially unwanted apps. If yes, remove them off. Even if they are just a software that you do not use, then removing them off will increase your computer start up time and speed dramatically.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all programs installed on your PC. Scroll through the all list, and remove any dubious and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort programs by date in the Control panel.
Delete Shipment Tracker homepage from Internet Explorer
The IE reset is great if your web browser is hijacked or you’ve unwanted extensions or toolbars on your web browser, that installed by a malware.
First, start the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then press the “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as shown on the image below.
When the procedure is finished, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and restart your PC system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your internet browser’s newtab, search engine and startpage to default state.
Delete Shipment Tracker search from Mozilla Firefox
If the Mozilla Firefox settings such as startpage, newtab and search engine have been modified by the hijacker infection, then resetting it to the default state can help. When using the reset feature, your personal information such as passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
Press the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown in the figure below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as shown in the figure below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your Firefox browser settings to their default state.
Remove Shipment Tracker from Google Chrome
The Shipment Tracker as your search engine or homepage or other symptom of having browser hijacker infection in your web browser is a good reason to reset Chrome. This is an easy way to recover the Google Chrome settings and not lose any important information.
- First run the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed addons. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is complete, your web browser’s homepage, newtab and search engine will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
How to get rid of Shipment Tracker with free applications
Manual removal guidance does not always help to get rid of hijacker fully, as it’s not easy to identify and remove components of hijacker and all malicious files from hard disk. Therefore, it’s recommended that you use malware removal utility to completely get rid of Shipment Tracker off your system. Several free malicious software removal tools are currently available that may be used against the browser hijacker infection. The optimum solution would be to run Zemana Anti Malware, MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) and Hitman Pro.
Automatically get rid of Shipment Tracker redirect with Zemana Anti Malware
Zemana is a lightweight utility which created to use alongside your antivirus software, detecting and removing malware, adware and PUPs that other applications miss. Zemana is easy to use, fast, does not use many resources and have great detection and removal rates.
- Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: February 14, 2019
- After the download is done, close all apps and windows on your system. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is done, click the “Scan” button for checking your computer for the Shipment Tracker hijacker infection and other browser’s malicious addons. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. While the Zemana AntiMalware is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malware.
- After the scan get finished, Zemana will open a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been found. When you’re ready, click “Next”. When disinfection is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your machine.
Scan your personal computer and remove Shipment Tracker redirect with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is a free utility that can search for hijacker infection which created to redirect your web-browser to the Shipment Tracker web-site. It is not always easy to locate all the unwanted software that your machine might have picked up on the Net. Hitman Pro will find the adware, hijackers and other malicious software you need to erase.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for Windows. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the download is finished, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this tool is started, click “Next” button . HitmanPro utility will start scanning the whole system to find out hijacker responsible for redirecting user searches to Shipment Tracker. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your machine. During the scan HitmanPro will detect threats present on your personal computer.
- Once HitmanPro has finished scanning your PC system, HitmanPro will prepare a list of unwanted programs adware. You may get rid of threats (move to Quarantine) by simply press “Next” button. Now press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
Delete Shipment Tracker with MalwareBytes
We recommend using the MalwareBytes which are fully clean your PC system of the browser hijacker. The free utility is an advanced malware removal program created by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This application uses the world’s most popular anti-malware technology. It’s able to help you get rid of browser hijacker, PUPs, malware, adware software, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your PC system for free.
- MalwareBytes Anti Malware can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the downloading process is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Free will open and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) program will scan through the whole machine for the hijacker related to Shipment Tracker search. This process may take quite a while, so please be patient.
- Once MalwareBytes AntiMalware completes the scan, MalwareBytes AntiMalware will show a list of all threats detected by the scan.
- Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click the “Quarantine Selected” button. After the procedure is finished, you may be prompted to restart the PC.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop Shipment Tracker redirect
Run an adblocker tool such as AdGuard will protect you from harmful ads and content. Moreover, you can find that the AdGuard have an option to protect your privacy and stop phishing and spam web sites. Additionally, ad blocker apps will allow you to avoid annoying pop up advertisements and unverified links that also a good way to stay safe online.
Download AdGuard on your Windows Desktop by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as on the image below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guide as shown on the screen below.
Press “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick instructions which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop undesired ads, block Shipment Tracker, as well as other harmful or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
Why is my browser redirected to Shipment Tracker?
The Shipment Tracker such as other PUPs can get added to your web-browser or PC system when you visit a web page and press an Install button, or when you download and run a suspicious program, or when you install free application that includes a PUP (potentially unwanted program). Be very attentive when installing any apps and make sure you deselect any options for third-party apps that you do not want.
To sum up
Once you’ve finished the tutorial shown above, your PC system should be free from browser hijacker that responsible for web browser redirect to the undesired Shipment Tracker webpage and other malware. The MS Edge, IE, Firefox and Chrome will no longer display unwanted Shipment Tracker webpage on startup. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker infection, and then the best way – ask for help here.