Q. I am getting pop-ups from Browser-upgrade.info. Does anyone know how to remove this? I checked my programs and I do not see it. I checked my web browser extensions and the problem isn’t there. Please help.
A. We have investigated this issue and it appears to be adware is likely installed on your computer and/or internet browser.
What does adware mean? Adware presents unwanted ads on your web-browser. Some of these ads are scams or fake ads developed to trick you. Even the harmless ads can become really irritating. Adware can be installed accidentally and without you knowing about it, when you open email attachments, install free free programs.
Other signs of the presence of adware software include:
- unwanted toolbars;
- pop-ups and new tab pages are loaded without your request;
- your internet browser is redirected to web pages you did not want;
- your PC is no stable leading to crashes;
- your web-browser settings are being modified without your request.
Therefore, the adware software is quite dangerous. So, we recommend you get rid of it from your PC ASAP. Follow the guidance presented below to remove Browser-upgrade.info popups from the Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and Firefox.
Remove Browser-upgrade.info pop ups (removal tutorial)
In the few simple steps below we will have a look at the adware software and how to remove Browser-upgrade.info from Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome web-browsers for MS Windows OS, natively or by using a few free removal tools. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to exit your internet browser or restart your PC system.
To remove Browser-upgrade.info, execute the steps below:
- Delete Browser-upgrade.info pop up without any tools
- Run free malware removal utilities to completely delete Browser-upgrade.info popups
- How to stop Browser-upgrade.info popups
- Method of adware intrusion into your personal computer
- To sum up
Delete Browser-upgrade.info pop up without any tools
The useful removal tutorial for the Browser-upgrade.info popup. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to delete Browser-upgrade.info pop ups let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Remove recently installed potentially unwanted software
We suggest that you start the computer cleaning procedure by checking the list of installed applications and uninstall all unknown or questionable apps. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious programs such as adware software and hijackers may be bundled with free software. Delete the unwanted software can remove the intrusive ads or web browser redirect.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as on the image below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as on the image below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of applications installed on your personal computer. Most probably, one of them is the adware that developed to redirect your browser to various ad sites such as the Browser-upgrade.info. If you have many applications installed, you can help simplify the search of harmful programs by sort the list by date of installation. Once you’ve found a dubious, unwanted or unused application, right click to it, after that press ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
After the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to click ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as displayed in the following example.
You will see a list of programs installed on your machine. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the apps that were installed last. Most likely, it is the adware that causes web browsers to display annoying Browser-upgrade.info popups. If you are in doubt, you can always check the application by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. When the program which you need to delete is found, simply click on its name, and then press ‘Uninstall’ as displayed in the following example.
Delete Browser-upgrade.info from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web browser settings
If the Mozilla Firefox settings such as home page, newtab and search provider have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
First, run the Firefox and click button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web browser. Further, click the Help button () as on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown in the following example. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the Browser-upgrade.info adware. Once, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
Get rid of Browser-upgrade.info pop ups from Microsoft Internet Explorer
The Microsoft Internet Explorer reset is great if your web browser is hijacked or you have unwanted addo-ons or toolbars on your web-browser, that installed by an malware.
First, open the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed in the following example. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your system for the changes to take effect.
Remove Browser-upgrade.info pop ups from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings will help you to completely reset your web browser. The result of activating this function will bring Chrome settings back to its default values. This can delete Browser-upgrade.info pop-ups and disable harmful extensions. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
First open the Chrome. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will display the Chrome menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the add-on signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Chrome menu once again. Further, click the option named “Settings”.
The web browser will show the settings screen. Another solution to open the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, as displayed below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Google Chrome will open the confirmation prompt like below.
You need to confirm your action, press the “Reset” button. The browser will start the procedure of cleaning. After it is done, the browser’s settings including new tab page, search provider and home page back to the values which have been when the Google Chrome was first installed on your personal computer.
Run free malware removal utilities to completely delete Browser-upgrade.info popups
Use malicious software removal tools to get rid of Browser-upgrade.info pop up automatically. The free applications tools specially developed for hijacker infections, adware and other potentially unwanted software removal. These tools may remove most of adware software from Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Moreover, it may remove all components of adware from Windows registry and system drives.
Scan and free your web-browser of Browser-upgrade.info popups with Zemana Free
Download Zemana Anti Malware to delete Browser-upgrade.info pop up automatically from all of your internet browsers. This is a free application specially designed for malware removal. This utility can delete adware, browser hijacker infection from Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge, Internet Explorer and Chrome and Windows registry automatically.
- Installing the Zemana Free is simple. First you will need to download Zemana by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: February 14, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After downloading is complete, please close all programs and open windows on your computer. Next, start a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Anti Malware onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana AntiMalware will run and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button for scanning your system for the adware that cause intrusive Browser-upgrade.info pop-up to appear. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. While the utility is scanning, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- As the scanning ends, Zemana Free will open a scan report.
- Review the scan results and then click the “Next” button. The tool will remove adware software that responsible for browser redirect to the annoying Browser-upgrade.info site and add items to the Quarantine. Once finished, you may be prompted to reboot the PC system.
- Close the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) and continue with the next step.
Run Hitman Pro to remove Browser-upgrade.info pop-up
Hitman Pro will help remove adware software that causes web browsers to open intrusive Browser-upgrade.info popups that slow down your system. The browser hijacker infections, adware and other potentially unwanted programs slow your web-browser down and try to mislead you into clicking on malicious ads and links. Hitman Pro removes the adware software and lets you enjoy your system without Browser-upgrade.info popups.
Download Hitman Pro by clicking on the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
When the download is finished, open the file location. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the Hitman Pro desktop icon. Once the utility is started, you will see a screen as displayed on the screen below.
Further, press “Next” button for checking your computer for the adware software that redirects your web-browser to the undesired Browser-upgrade.info web-page. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your personal computer. Once the scan get completed, HitmanPro will display you the results as shown in the following example.
You may remove items (move to Quarantine) by simply press “Next” button. It will open a dialog box, press the “Activate free license” button.
Automatically delete Browser-upgrade.info pop-up with MalwareBytes Free
If you’re having problems with Browser-upgrade.info pop up removal, then check out MalwareBytes AntiMalware. This is a tool that can help clean up your computer and improve your speeds for free. Find out more below.
- Installing the MalwareBytes Anti Malware is simple. First you will need to download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After downloading is finished, please close all software and open windows on your personal computer. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes onto your machine. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Free will launch and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the adware that causes multiple undesired pop ups. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your machine and the speed of your system. While the utility is checking, you may see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- After MalwareBytes has completed scanning, MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will show a list of all items found by the scan.
- You may delete threats (move to Quarantine) by simply press the “Quarantine Selected” button. When disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stop Browser-upgrade.info popups
It is important to run ad-blocker apps such as AdGuard to protect your computer from harmful web-pages. Most security experts says that it is okay to block advertisements. You should do so just to stay safe! And, of course, the AdGuard can to stop Browser-upgrade.info and other annoying web-sites.
AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
When the downloading process is finished, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as displayed below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guide as on the image below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick guide which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired ads, block Browser-upgrade.info, as well as other malicious or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
Method of adware intrusion into your personal computer
To sum up
Now your computer should be free of the adware related to Browser-upgrade.info popups. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted popup and undesired malicious web pages) and Zemana Free (to periodically scan your system for new malware, hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijackers, harmful apps and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Browser-upgrade.info pop-up from your web-browser, then ask for help here.