If your antivirus detects Trojan.Gen.MBT threat then it indicates that your machine is infected with a new malware. This malicious software is automatically installed, without notification or user consent.
Once installed, this virus will be configured to run automatically when Windows starts. It can change Windows OS and browsers settings, download and install other malicious software, adware and potentially unwanted apps. Moreover, this trojan can give a remote access to your computer, and so on.
While the Trojan.Gen.MBT is active, you won’t be able to return your PC system settings. But this does not mean that you should just ignore it or get along with this fact. Because this is not the best option, due to the Trojan.Gen.MBT virus you can have problems with your computer and internet browsers, unwanted ads and even personal information theft.
It’s important, do not use your PC system while it is hijacked with this virus, as it can lead to the loss of important photos, documents and music or the complete failure of the computer. The best option is to use the step-by-step instructions posted below to free your system of malware, remove Trojan.Gen.MBT virus, and thus revert back return your computer to the state before infection with this trojan.
Remove Trojan.Gen.MBT from Windows 10 (8, 7, XP)
There are a simple guidance below which will help you to get rid of Trojan.Gen.MBT virus from your Windows PC. The most effective way to delete this virus is to perform the manual steps and then run Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM), MalwareBytes Anti Malware or Hitman Pro automatic tools (all are free). The manual steps will help to weaken this virus and these malicious software removal utilities will completely get rid of Trojan.Gen.MBT virus and return the computer settings to default.
To remove Trojan.Gen.MBT, execute the following steps:
- Remove potentially unwanted software using Windows Control Panel
- How to automatically remove Trojan.Gen.MBT with Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM)
- Use HitmanPro to remove Trojan.Gen.MBT virus
- How to automatically delete Trojan.Gen.MBT with MalwareBytes Free
- Get rid of Trojan.Gen.MBT virus from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove Trojan.Gen.MBT virus from Google Chrome
- Get rid of Trojan.Gen.MBT virus from IE
- Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
- Finish words
Remove potentially unwanted software using Windows Control Panel
In order to remove Trojan.Gen.MBT, first thing you need to do is to uninstall unknown and questionable programs from your system using Windows control panel. When removing this virus, check the list of installed programs and try to find suspicious applications and delete them all. Pay special attention to recently installed software, as it’s most probably that the Trojan.Gen.MBT virus сame along with it.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, press “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all programs installed on the system.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed apps, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video guidance below.
How to automatically remove Trojan.Gen.MBT with Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM)
We suggest using the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) that are completely clean your system of the Trojan.Gen.MBT. The utility is an advanced malware removal program developed by (c) Zemana lab. It’s able to help you remove PUPs, viruss, adware, malware, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your PC system for free.
Click the following link to download the latest version of Zemana for Microsoft Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: February 14, 2019
Once the download is finished, launch it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana Anti-Malware will try to update itself and when this process is finished, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the Trojan.Gen.MBT related files, folders and registry keys.
A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your personal computer and the speed of your PC. During the scan Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will scan for threats exist on your personal computer. Review the results once the utility has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press “Next” button.
The Zemana Free will get rid of virus and other malware and potentially unwanted applications and move items to the program’s quarantine.
Use HitmanPro to remove Trojan.Gen.MBT virus
The HitmanPro utility is free and easy to use. It can scan and remove Trojan.Gen.MBT and other security threats from system (MS Windows 10, 8, 7, XP) and thereby restore computer default settings. HitmanPro is powerful enough to find and remove malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the computer.
Installing the HitmanPro is simple. First you will need to download HitmanPro from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
After the downloading process is finished, open the file location and double-click the Hitman Pro icon. It will start the HitmanPro tool. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to run the program, click Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Next” to begin checking your computer for the Trojan.Gen.MBT and other security threats. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your personal computer. While the HitmanPro tool is checking, you can see count of objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
Once the scan get finished, Hitman Pro will display a list of found threats as shown in the figure below.
Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and press “Next” button. It will show a dialog box, press the “Activate free license” button. The HitmanPro will get rid of Trojan.Gen.MBT and other malware and add threats to the Quarantine. After disinfection is finished, the utility may ask you to reboot your machine.
How to automatically delete Trojan.Gen.MBT with MalwareBytes Free
You can delete Trojan.Gen.MBT automatically through the use of MalwareBytes. We recommend this free malware removal utility because it may easily get rid of viruses, trojans, worms and other malware with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Visit the following page to download MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM). Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the download is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your system. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) onto your machine. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will launch and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Anti-Malware program will scan through the whole machine for the Trojan.Gen.MBT and other security threats. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. When a malware, adware software or potentially unwanted apps are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- After MalwareBytes Free has finished scanning, you’ll be opened the list of all found items on your computer.
- When you’re ready, click the “Quarantine Selected” button. When that process is finished, you may be prompted to restart the PC system.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Get rid of Trojan.Gen.MBT virus from Mozilla Firefox
The Firefox reset will remove modified preferences, extensions and security settings. When using the reset feature, your personal information like passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
Press the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown in the following example.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the image below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to revert back your Firefox web browser settings to their original settings.
Remove Trojan.Gen.MBT virus from Google Chrome
If Google Chrome web browser settings are infected by Trojan.Gen.MBT virus then ‘Reset Chrome’ is a solution which helps to restore the web browser to its factory state. To reset Chrome to the original defaults, follow the steps below.
- First, run the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset settings dialog box as on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Trojan.Gen.MBT virus from IE
By resetting Microsoft Internet Explorer web-browser you restore your internet browser settings to its default state. This is good initial when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by the Trojan.Gen.MBT virus.
First, open the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window like below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
Running an ad-blocker program like AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, ad-blocker apps will also protect you from undesired advertisements and webpages, and, of course, block redirection chain to harmful and similar pages.
Download AdGuard by clicking on the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
When downloading is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as on the image below.
Follow the prompts. After the setup is complete, you will see a window as on the image below.
You can click “Skip” to close the setup application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop unwanted ads, block harmful or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
After completing the few simple steps shown above, your machine should be clean from Trojan.Gen.MBT and other malware. Your antivirus software will no longer detect any security threats. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new malware, and then the best way – ask for help here.