The Justgetlook.com website appeared on your personal computer without any notice? After that, you’re faced with the fact that your web browser is now redirected to other undesired web-sites and filled with a variety of website and banners. The cause of all your problems with your personal computer is adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software).
What is the purpose of adware? Adware is a type of software that is used as an online promotional utility. It is designed with the sole purpose to display dozens of web-page, and thus to promote the goods and services in an open web-browser window. The adware can substitute the legitimate advertising banners on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit malicious webpages.
The adware software run in the background when you’re online, and the adware can slow down your PC system and affect its performance. There are programs that can remove adware from your PC system and some of them are free and listed below, such as Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM), MalwareBytes Free and Hitman Pro.
Even worse, the adware has the ability to collect user data about you which can be later used for marketing purposes. You don’t know if your home address, account names and passwords are safe.
Below we are discussing the solutions which are very useful in uninstalling adware. The guidance will also assist you to remove Justgetlook.com redirect from your web-browser for free.
How to remove Justgetlook.com redirect
As with removing adware software, malware or PUPs, there are few steps you can do. We recommend trying them all. If you do only one part of the tutorial, then it should be run malicious software removal tool, because it should remove adware and block any further infection. But to completely remove Justgetlook.com redirect you’ll have to at least reset your internet browser settings such as new tab page, default search engine and home page to default state, disinfect PC’s web browsers shortcuts, delete all unwanted and suspicious applications, and delete adware by malicious software removal utilities. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to exit your web browser or reboot your computer.
To remove Justgetlook.com, complete the following steps:
- How to remove Justgetlook.com redirect without any software
- Use free malware removal utilities to completely get rid of Justgetlook.com redirect
- Stop Justgetlook.com redirect
- How to avoid install of adware
- To sum up
How to remove Justgetlook.com redirect without any software
To remove Justgetlook.com redirect, adware and other unwanted software you can try to do so manually. Unfortunately some of the adware won’t show up in your program list, but some adware may. In this case, you may be able to get rid of it through the uninstall function of your machine. You can do this by following the steps below.
Remove adware through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
The main cause of Justgetlook.com redirect could be potentially unwanted programs, adware software or other unwanted programs that you may have accidentally installed on the PC system. You need to identify and uninstall all dubious apps.
Press Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown in the figure below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all apps installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and delete any dubious and unknown applications.
Remove Justgetlook.com from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
If the Mozilla Firefox browser program is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Mozilla Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Firefox settings such as startpage, search engine and newtab to their default values. It’ll save your personal information such as saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
First, open the Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown in the figure below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Justgetlook.com redirect from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings will remove Justgetlook.com redirect from web-browser and disable malicious extensions. It will also clear cached and temporary data (cookies, site data and content). It will save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
- First launch the Google Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed addons. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is done, your browser’s newtab, startpage and search provider by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Justgetlook.com redirect from IE
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your browser is hijacked or you have unwanted addo-ons or toolbars on your browser, which installed by an malware.
First, open the Internet Explorer. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed on the screen below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
Use free malware removal utilities to completely get rid of Justgetlook.com redirect
The manual guide above is tedious to use and can not always help to completely delete the Justgetlook.com redirect. Here I am telling you an automatic way to delete this adware from your system completely. Zemana Anti Malware, MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) and Hitman Pro are anti malware tools that can find and remove all kinds of malicious software including adware software responsible for Justgetlook.com redirect.
Run Zemana Anti Malware to remove Justgetlook.com
You can download and use the Zemana Free for free. This antimalware tool will scan all the registry entries and files in your personal computer along with the system settings and browser extensions. If it finds any malicious software, adware or malicious extension that is responsible for web browser reroute to the undesired Justgetlook.com page then the Zemana Free will delete them from your machine completely.
- Visit the page linked below to download Zemana Anti-Malware. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: February 14, 2019
- When the downloading process is finished, close all apps and windows on your PC. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is done, click the “Scan” button to begin scanning your machine for the adware related to Justgetlook.com redirect. This procedure may take quite a while, so please be patient. While the utility is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- After Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) has completed scanning, you can check all items found on your PC system. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click “Next”. Once that process is complete, you may be prompted to restart your machine.
Run Hitman Pro to remove Justgetlook.com redirect
Hitman Pro is a portable application which requires no hard install to search for and get rid of adware that cause annoying Justgetlook.com web page to appear. The application itself is small in size (only a few Mb). Hitman Pro does not need any drivers and special dlls. It is probably easier to use than any alternative malware removal utilities you have ever tried. HitmanPro works on 64 and 32-bit versions of Windows 10, 8, 7 and XP. It proves that removal tool can be just as effective as the widely known antivirus applications.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for Microsoft Windows. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the downloading process is complete, run the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, click the “Next” to perform a system scan for the adware which causes intrusive Justgetlook.com webpage. This procedure may take quite a while, so please be patient. During the scan HitmanPro will find threats present on your machine.
- Once HitmanPro completes the scan, HitmanPro will show you the results. You may delete items (move to Quarantine) by simply press “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Delete Justgetlook.com redirect with MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM)
If you are having problems with Justgetlook.com redirect removal, then check out MalwareBytes. This is a tool that can help clean up your PC and improve your speeds for free. Find out more below.
Click the following link to download MalwareBytes. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
Once the download is done, close all software and windows on your PC. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup as displayed on the image below.
When the install starts, you’ll see the “Setup wizard” that will help you install Malwarebytes on your computer.
Once installation is finished, you will see window as on the image below.
Now press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware responsible for redirecting your browser to the Justgetlook.com web-page. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. While the MalwareBytes Anti Malware is scanning, you may see number of objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
After MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) has completed scanning, MalwareBytes will open a list of all items detected by the scan. In order to get rid of all threats, simply press “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will now begin to remove adware software that causes internet browsers to show unwanted Justgetlook.com webpage. Once the task is finished, you may be prompted to reboot your computer.
The following video explains step-by-step tutorial on how to remove hijacker infection, adware and other malicious software with MalwareBytes Anti Malware.
Stop Justgetlook.com redirect
Run ad-blocking program like AdGuard in order to stop advertisements, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install harmful and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons that affect your PC performance and impact your computer security. Browse the Web anonymously and stay safe online!
- Download AdGuard from the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the install is finished, press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Justgetlook.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
How to avoid install of adware
To sum up
Once you have complete the steps outlined above, your machine should be free from adware which cause annoying Justgetlook.com site to appear and other malware. The Mozilla Firefox, Edge, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer will no longer redirect you to various annoying sites such as Justgetlook.com. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step guidance does not help you, then you have caught a new adware software, and then the best way – ask for help here.