Q. How do I remove Openload advertising pop-ups that keeps coming back? I use Windows 10 and my web browser is Mozilla Firefox. Suggestions?
A. What were you doing before these pop ups first occurred? Sounds like you’ve possibly encountered an adware problem. The fix for that problem is ‘reset web-browser settings’, disable push notifications and run adware removal utilities.
What does adware mean? Adware is short for ad supported software. Additionally, some malware has adware built into the program. How does adware software work? Adware presents unwanted ads that appear in unclosable windows or advertising links on computer screens. Clicks on the ads produce a monetary payoff for the software producers.
The worst is, adware can analyze your browsing, and gain access to your user information and, afterwards, can share it with third-parties. Thus, there are more than enough reasons to delete Openload popups from your system.
Take a deep breath. Learn everything you should know about Openload popups removal, how to remove adware from your browser and personal computer. Find the best free adware and malware removal utilities here!
How to remove Openload pop-ups (Step-by-step guide)
Fortunately, we’ve an effective solution which will help you manually or/and automatically get rid of Openload popups from your web-browser and bring your web-browser settings, including newtab page, search engine and homepage, back to normal. Below you will find a removal instructions with all the steps you may need to successfully get rid of adware and its components. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to exit your web browser or restart your machine.
To remove Openload popups, execute the following steps:
- Delete Openload popups without any utilities
- How to remove Openload pop ups automatically
- Use AdBlocker to stop Openload pop-ups
- Tips to prevent adware and other unwanted applications
- To sum up
Delete Openload popups without any utilities
To remove Openload pop ups, adware and other unwanted software you can try to do so manually. Unfortunately some of the adware won’t show up in your application list, but some adware may. In this case, you may be able to remove it via the uninstall function of your machine. You can do this by completing the steps below.
Remove adware through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
The process of adware software removal is generally the same across all versions of Windows OS from 10 to XP. To start with, it is necessary to check the list of installed software on your personal computer and uninstall all unused, unknown and dubious software.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Microsoft Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed in the following example.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown on the image below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as shown in the following example.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (MS Windows 7 or Vista) as shown in the following example.
Carefully browse through the list of installed programs and get rid of all suspicious and unknown applications. We recommend to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed programs by date. After you have found anything questionable that may be adware software or other PUP (potentially unwanted program), then select this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious program blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to completely get rid of it from your PC.
Delete Openload popups from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web browser settings
Resetting Firefox web-browser will reset all the settings to their original settings and will remove Openload pop ups, malicious add-ons and extensions. Essential information like bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
First, launch the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed on the screen below.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Delete Openload pop-ups from IE
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your web-browser is hijacked or you have unwanted popups, add-ons or toolbars on your web-browser, that installed by an malware.
First, run the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then click the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as displayed below.
Once the procedure is done, press “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and restart your PC system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your internet browser’s default search engine, new tab page and start page to default state.
Remove Openload popups from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings to remove Openload pop ups. If you are still experiencing issues with Openload pop-ups, you need to reset Chrome browser to its original settings. This step needs to be performed only if adware software has not been removed by the previous steps.
- First start the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is finished, your internet browser’s homepage, search engine by default and new tab page will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
How to remove Openload pop ups automatically
Using a malware removal tool to search for and remove adware hiding on your PC system is probably the easiest way to get rid of the Openload pop ups. We recommends the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) application for MS Windows personal computers. HitmanPro and MalwareBytes Free are other anti-malware tools for Microsoft Windows that offers a free malware removal.
How to delete Openload pop ups with Zemana Anti-Malware
Does Zemana AntiMalware uninstall adware responsible for unwanted popups? Adware is often downloaded with malicious software which can cause you to install an program such as browser hijackers you don’t want. Therefore, recommend using the Zemana. It is a utility designed to scan and remove adware and other malware from your computer for free.
Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) for Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: February 14, 2019
When the download is finished, start it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana Free will try to update itself and when this process is finished, click the “Scan” button . Zemana AntiMalware tool will start scanning the whole personal computer to find out adware and other unwanted software.
A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your system. While the utility is checking, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned. Review the report and then click “Next” button.
The Zemana Free will start to get rid of adware that causes web-browsers to open annoying pop ups.
Scan your system and delete Openload popups with Hitman Pro
All-in-all, Hitman Pro is a fantastic tool to clean your computer from any unwanted programs such as adware software that causes multiple undesired popups. The HitmanPro is portable application that meaning, you do not need to install it to run it. HitmanPro is compatible with all versions of Microsoft Windows operating system from Microsoft Windows XP to Windows 10. Both 64-bit and 32-bit systems are supported.
- Installing the HitmanPro is simple. First you will need to download HitmanPro by clicking on the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After downloading is done, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this tool is started, press “Next” button to perform a system scan with this tool for adware. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your personal computer and the speed of your computer. While the HitmanPro application is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- Once that process is finished, Hitman Pro will display a list of all threats found by the scan. Review the scan results and then click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malware found.
Use MalwareBytes Free to remove Openload pop-ups
If you’re still having issues with the Openload pop-ups — or just wish to check your PC occasionally for adware software and other malicious software — download MalwareBytes. It is free for home use, and scans for and removes various undesired software that attacks your system or degrades computer performance. MalwareBytes Free can remove adware software, potentially unwanted apps as well as malicious software, including ransomware and trojans.
- Visit the following page to download MalwareBytes. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After downloading is complete, please close all software and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Free will run and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to begin checking your PC system for the adware which redirects your internet browser to unwanted web sites. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. During the scan MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will search for threats present on your system.
- After the system scan is complete, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will show you the results.
- Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and press the “Quarantine Selected” button. Once the process is done, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Use AdBlocker to stop Openload pop-ups
By installing an ad blocker application such as AdGuard, you’re able to block Openload popups, autoplaying video ads and delete lots of distracting and undesired ads on web pages.
Visit the following page to download AdGuard. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After the download is finished, double-click the downloaded file to run it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as displayed below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick instructions as displayed on the screen below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick instructions which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and block undesired advertisements, stop Openload popups, as well as other harmful or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
Tips to prevent adware and other unwanted applications
Adware is usually is bundled with free programs and install themselves, with or without your knowledge, on your computer. This happens especially when you are installing a free programs. The program setup file tricks you into accepting the installation of third-party applications, which you don’t really want. Moreover, some paid apps can also install bundled programs which you don’t want! Therefore, always download free software and paid applications from reputable download webpages. Use ONLY custom or manual installation option and never blindly click Next button.
To sum up
Now your computer should be clean of adware software. We suggest that you keep Zemana (to periodically scan your machine for new adwares and other malicious software) and AdGuard (to help you stop intrusive pop up and malicious websites). Moreover, to prevent any adware, please stay clear of unknown and third party programs, make sure that your antivirus application, turn on the option to search for PUPs.
If you need more help with Openload pop-ups related issues, go to here.