Unwanted Watchtvnow.co ads or notifications keeps popping up when you use the Firefox, IE, Chrome and Microsoft Edge internet browser? If yes, then may be possible that an adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) is active on your system.
The ad-supported software is a type of malicious software that designed to show lots of annoying pop-ups, ads, deals and notifcations. You need to follow the few simple steps below as quickly as possible. It will clear your computer from adware and thus remove Watchtvnow.co popup ads and notifications.
How to remove Watchtvnow.co pop ups, ads, notifications
In order to delete Watchtvnow.co pop ups from the MS Edge, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox, you need to reset the web browser settings. Additionally, you should look up for other dubious entries, such as files, programs, web browser addons and shortcut files. However, if you want to delete Watchtvnow.co pop up ads easily, you should use reputable anti-malware utility and let it do the job for you.
To remove Watchtvnow.co popup ads, execute the following steps:
- Delete adware through the MS Windows Control Panel
- Get rid of Watchtvnow.co from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
- Remove Watchtvnow.co popups from Chrome
- Remove Watchtvnow.co pop ups from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Get rid of Watchtvnow.co pop-up advertisements with free programs
- How to stop Watchtvnow.co pop up ads
Manual Watchtvnow.co popup advertisements removal
Read this “How to remove” section to know how to manually remove ad supported software responsible for Watchtvnow.co pop-up advertisements. Even if the steps does not work for you, there are several free malware removers below that can easily handle such ad supported software related to Watchtvnow.co pop-up advertisements.
Delete adware through the MS Windows Control Panel
Some of PUPs, ad-supported software and hijackers can be deleted using the Add/Remove programs utility which may be found in the Windows Control Panel. So, if you are using any version of Windows and you have noticed an unwanted program, then first try to get rid of it through Add/Remove programs.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel like below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all apps installed on your PC. Scroll through the all list, and delete any dubious and unknown software.
Get rid of Watchtvnow.co from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
This step will help you get rid of Watchtvnow.co ads, third-party toolbars, disable harmful plugins and revert back your default start page, new tab and search engine settings.
First, open the Mozilla Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the image below.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Watchtvnow.co popups from Chrome
If you have adware, Watchtvnow.co redirect problems or Chrome is running slow, then reset Chrome can help you. In this guidance we’ll show you the method to reset your Chrome settings and data to default values without reinstall.
- First, start the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset settings prompt as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Watchtvnow.co pop ups from Microsoft Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer browser settings like new tab, start page and search engine by default had been modified by adware that causes web browsers to show intrusive Watchtvnow.co pop up ads, then you may restore your settings, via the reset internet browser procedure.
First, run the IE, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then click the “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button like below.
When the procedure is complete, press “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and reboot your system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s homepage, search engine and new tab to default state.
Get rid of Watchtvnow.co pop-up advertisements with free programs
If your personal computer is still infected with adware that causes multiple intrusive pop-up advertisements, then the best method of detection and removal is to run an anti-malware scan on the machine. Download free malicious software removal tools below and launch a full system scan. It will help you remove all components of the ad supported software from hardisk and Windows registry.
How to automatically get rid of Watchtvnow.co popups with Zemana Anti-Malware
We recommend you use the Zemana Free that are completely clean your system of adware that causes multiple annoying popup advertisements. Moreover, the tool will help you delete potentially unwanted programs, malware, toolbars and hijackers that your machine can be infected too.
Zemana Anti Malware can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
When the download is complete, close all windows on your computer. Further, launch the install file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as shown below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will help you install Zemana Anti-Malware on the system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is finished successfully, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will automatically start and you can see its main window as shown on the screen below.
Next, click the “Scan” button for scanning your PC system for the ad-supported software responsible for redirecting your browser to Watchtvnow.co page. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is finished.
After Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) has completed scanning your PC, Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will prepare a list of undesired programs adware. You may get rid of threats (move to Quarantine) by simply press “Next” button.
The Zemana AntiMalware will remove adware responsible for Watchtvnow.co pop up advertisements and move items to the program’s quarantine. Once the task is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your personal computer.
How to stop Watchtvnow.co pop up ads
One of the worst things is the fact that you cannot block all those annoying pages such as the Watchtvnow.co using only built-in MS Windows capabilities. However, there is a program out that you can use to stop unwanted browser redirects, ads and pop-ups in any modern internet browsers including Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. It’s called Adguard and it works very well.
- Please go to the following link to download AdGuard. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
- After the downloading process is complete, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop ups, stop Watchtvnow.co popup ads and notifications, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
How did you get infected with adware
The ad supported software come bundled with many freeware and commercial programs. This PUP can be installed in background without user consent, but usually it’s introduced to a user when a downloaded program are installed. So, read term of use and user agreement very carefully before installing any software or otherwise you can end up with another ad supported software on your computer, such as this adware that causes undesired Watchtvnow.co ads.
To sum up
Now your PC should be free of the ad supported software that made to redirect your internet browser to various ad pages like Watchtvnow.co. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop-up advertisements and unwanted malicious web sites) and Zemana Free (to periodically scan your system for new malware, browser hijacker infections and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Microsoft Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new hijackers, harmful programs and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Watchtvnow.co pop-ups from your web-browser, then ask for help here.