If your browser started showing the Mountains.sharedexperiences.net then it could mean that you’ve a PUP (potentially unwanted program) from the ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) group installed on your machine.
As a result of adware infection, your internet browser will be full of advertisements (pop-ups, banners, in-text links, offers to install an undesired programs) and your personal computer will be slower and slower.
The adware that cause unwanted Mountains.sharedexperiences.net web-site to appear can insert various ads directly to the web sites that you visit, creating a sense that the advertising links have been added by the authors of the web-page. Moreover, legal sponsored links may be replaced on the fake advertisements that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and malicious apps.
Even worse, the ad supported software can gather your confidential information such as what web-pages you are opening, what you are looking for the Internet and so on. This privacy data, later, may be transferred third party companies.
By following few simple steps below it is easy to detect and get rid of adware from Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Chrome and Edge and your computer. Learn how to delete Mountains.sharedexperiences.net redirect and harmful apps, as well as how to run a full machine virus scan.
Remove Mountains.sharedexperiences.net redirect (removal tutorial)
We suggest opting for automatic Mountains.sharedexperiences.net pop up advertisements removal in order to remove all ad-supported software related entries easily. This solution requires scanning the PC with reputable antimalware, e.g. Zemana Free, MalwareBytes or Hitman Pro. However, if you prefer manual removal steps, you can use the steps below in this blog post. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your browser or reboot your computer.
To remove Mountains.sharedexperiences.net redirect, use the following steps:
- Remove suspicious software by using MS Windows Control Panel
- Remove Mountains.sharedexperiences.net popup ads from Internet Explorer
- Delete Mountains.sharedexperiences.net from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
- Remove Mountains.sharedexperiences.net redirect from Chrome
- Remove Mountains.sharedexperiences.net advertisements with free utilities
- Block Mountains.sharedexperiences.net and other annoying web-pages
Get rid of Mountains.sharedexperiences.net ads without any utilities
The step-by-step tutorial will help you remove Mountains.sharedexperiences.net redirect. These Mountains.sharedexperiences.net removal steps work for the Chrome, IE, Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox, as well as every version of operating system.
Remove suspicious software by using MS Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you start the computer cleaning procedure by checking the list of installed applications and uninstall all unknown or dubious apps. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious software such as adware and browser hijacker infections may be bundled with freeware. Uninstall the unwanted apps can remove the unwanted advertisements or web-browser redirect.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all programs installed on your machine. Scroll through the all list, and delete any dubious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort apps by date in the Control panel.
Remove Mountains.sharedexperiences.net popup ads from Internet Explorer
The Microsoft Internet Explorer reset is great if your internet browser is hijacked or you have unwanted addo-ons or toolbars on your web-browser, which installed by an malware.
First, start the IE. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as shown below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window like below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect.
Delete Mountains.sharedexperiences.net from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
Resetting your Mozilla Firefox is good initial troubleshooting step for any issues with your web-browser program, including the redirect to Mountains.sharedexperiences.net web-site. It will keep your personal information such as browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
First, launch the Mozilla Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed on the screen below.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Mountains.sharedexperiences.net redirect from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a easy method to remove Mountains.sharedexperiences.net pop-up advertisements, malicious and adware extensions, internet browser’s home page, search engine by default and newtab which have been modified by adware.
- First launch the Google Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed addons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is finished, your web browser’s new tab page, start page and search provider by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Mountains.sharedexperiences.net advertisements with free utilities
AntiMalware software differ from each other by many features like performance, scheduled scans, automatic updates, virus signature database, technical support, compatibility with other antivirus software and so on. We recommend you use the following free programs: Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM), MalwareBytes Anti Malware and Hitman Pro. Each of these applications has all of needed features, but most importantly, they can identify the adware and delete Mountains.sharedexperiences.net ads from the Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Scan and free your web browser of Mountains.sharedexperiences.net popups with Zemana AntiMalware
Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) is a utility that can delete ad supported software, PUPs, hijacker infections and other malicious software from your system easily and for free. Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) is compatible with most antivirus software. It works under MS Windows (10 – XP, 32 and 64 bit) and uses minimum of PC resources.
- Download Zemana Anti Malware by clicking on the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When downloading is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your machine. Next, start a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Free will start and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware responsible for redirecting your web-browser to Mountains.sharedexperiences.net web site. Depending on your machine, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour.
- When Zemana Free completes the scan, Zemana Free will show you the results.
- Next, you need to click the “Next” button. The tool will remove adware that causes multiple unwanted pop-up ads and add items to the Quarantine. When finished, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Block Mountains.sharedexperiences.net and other annoying web-pages
Use adblocker application like AdGuard in order to block advertisements, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install malicious and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons that affect your personal computer performance and impact your computer security. Browse the Web anonymously and stay safe online!
AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
Once the download is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. After the install is complete, you will see a window as on the image below.
You can click “Skip” to close the install application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop-up ads, Mountains.sharedexperiences.net redirect, as well as other malicious or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
How did you get infected with adware
The adware spreads bundled with many freeware and commercial applications. This PUP can be installed in background without user consent, but usually it’s introduced to a user when a downloaded program are installed. So, read term of use and user agreement very carefully before installing any software or otherwise you can end up with another adware on your PC, such as this adware responsible for redirections to the Mountains.sharedexperiences.net.
Once you have finished the steps above, your PC should be free from ad-supported software that responsible for the appearance of Mountains.sharedexperiences.net advertisements and other malware. The Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge will no longer redirect you to various undesired web pages similar to Mountains.sharedexperiences.net. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help here.