What is the YTD Video Downloader? Is there any effective way to deal with YTD Video Downloader? Cyber threat analysts named the YTD Video Downloader a PUP (potentially unwanted program) and adware (also known as ad-supported software). If you want to get more information about the adware and know how to completely remove YTD Video Downloader from your computer, please read through this article.
Ad-supported software usually gets installed alongside free software, codecs and shareware. The adware is developed in order to display third-party advertisements to the user without asking his permission. The ad supported software takes control of web-browsers and redirects them to unwanted web-pages such as the every time you surf the Web.
Ad supported software can install a component which enables its author to track which web-sites you visit, which products you look at upon those pages. They are then able to choose the type of advertisements they show you. So, if you had adware on your system, there is a good chance you have another that is collecting and sharing your data with third parties, without your knowledge.
So, if you happen to encounter the YTD Video Downloader, then be quick and take effort to remove this unwanted software sooner. Follow the step-by-step instructions below to remove YTD Video Downloader adware. Let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
How to remove YTD Video Downloader (removal guidance)
There are a few ways that can be used to remove YTD Video Downloader adware. But, not all potentially unwanted software such as this adware can be completely removed utilizing only manual methods. In many cases you are not able to delete any ad-supported software using standard Windows options. In order to remove YTD Video Downloader ad supported software you need complete a few manual steps and use reliable removal tools. Most security researchers states that Zemana, MalwareBytes Free or HitmanPro utilities are a right choice. These free programs are able to search for and remove YTD Video Downloader from your PC system and return your internet browser settings to defaults.
To remove YTD Video Downloader, follow the steps below:
- Uninstall YTD Video Downloader through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
- Remove YTD Video Downloader from IE
- Delete YTD Video Downloader ad-supported software from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove YTD Video Downloader from Chrome
- Remove YTD Video Downloader with free tools
- How to stay safe online
Remove YTD Video Downloader manually
Read this “How to remove” section to know how to manually get rid of YTD Video Downloader adware that causes web browsers to open unwanted advertisements. Even if the few simple steps does not work for you, there are several free malicious software removers below that can easily handle such YTD Video Downloader which cause undesired pop ups to appear.
Uninstall potentially unwanted programs through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
Some of potentially unwanted programs, adware and browser hijackers can be uninstalled using the Add/Remove programs tool that can be found in the MS Windows Control Panel. So, if you are running any version of Windows and you have noticed an unwanted application, then first try to delete it through Add/Remove programs.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, press “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will open a list of all applications installed on the machine.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove questionable and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort apps by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Remove YTD Video Downloader from IE
If you find that IE browser settings had been modified by the YTD Video Downloader adware that cause annoying pop-up ads to appear, then you may revert back your settings, via the reset web browser procedure.
First, start the IE. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your system for the changes to take effect.
Delete YTD Video Downloader ad-supported software from Mozilla Firefox
If the Firefox settings have been replaced by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help. When using the reset feature, your personal information like passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
First, run the Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button like below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove YTD Video Downloader from Chrome
Another solution to remvoe YTD Video Downloader ads from Chrome is Reset Chrome settings. This will disable unwanted browser extensions and reset Chrome settings to default values. It will save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
- First, start the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed addons. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove YTD Video Downloader with free tools
After completing the manual removal guide above all unwanted applications, malicious web browser’s plugins and YTD Video Downloader that causes unwanted pop up advertisements should be removed. If the problem with YTD Video Downloader ad supported software is still remained, then we suggest to scan your PC system for any remaining malicious components. Use recommended free adware removal apps below.
Remove YTD Video Downloader ad supported software with Zemana Free
Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) is extremely fast and ultra light weight malware removal utility. It will allow you remove YTD Video Downloader adware, adware, PUPs and other malicious software. This program gives real-time protection that never slow down your PC. Zemana Free is developed for experienced and beginner computer users. The interface of this tool is very easy to use, simple and minimalist.
Download Zemana Free on your MS Windows Desktop from the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
After downloading is done, close all windows on your computer. Further, launch the install file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as on the image below, click the “Yes” button.
It will show the “Setup wizard” that will help you install Zemana on the computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is done successfully, Zemana Free will automatically launch and you may see its main window as on the image below.
Next, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the YTD Video Downloader adware that causes web browsers to open intrusive advertisements. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a malicious software, ad-supported software or PUPs are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
When the scan is done, a list of all items detected is created. Once you’ve selected what you want to remove from your computer click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will begin to get rid of YTD Video Downloader ad-supported software which developed to redirect your web browser to various ad web pages. When that process is finished, you may be prompted to reboot your personal computer.
Scan your personal computer and remove YTD Video Downloader with Hitman Pro
If Zemana cannot remove this adware, then we recommends to run the Hitman Pro. Hitman Pro is a free removal utility for browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars and YTD Video Downloader adware that causes internet browsers to display unwanted pop-ups. It’s specially developed to work as a second scanner for your system.
- HitmanPro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the download is complete, start the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, click the “Next” . HitmanPro utility will start scanning the whole PC system to find out YTD Video Downloader adware that causes multiple annoying advertisements and pop-ups. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the tool is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- When the scanning is done, Hitman Pro will show a list of all threats found by the scan. Once you’ve selected what you wish to remove from your computer click “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
How to remove YTD Video Downloader with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM)
We recommend using the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM). You can download and install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to detect adware and thereby get rid of YTD Video Downloader adware from your web-browsers. When installed and updated, this free malware remover automatically scans for and removes all threats present on the machine.
- Click the following link to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware for MS Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once downloading is complete, please close all programs and open windows on your machine. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will launch and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes program will scan through the whole PC system for the YTD Video Downloader that cause annoying popup ads to appear. This process may take some time, so please be patient.
- Once the scanning is done, the results are displayed in the scan report.
- You may get rid of items (move to Quarantine) by simply click the “Quarantine Selected” button. Once the cleaning procedure is done, you may be prompted to reboot the PC system.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stay safe online
Using an ad blocker program like AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, ad blocker programs will also protect you from harmful advertisements and web-sites, and, of course, stop redirection chain to YTD Video Downloader and similar web-pages.
- AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
- When the download is finished, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the install is finished, press “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will launch automatically and block unwanted ads, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
How did you get affected by the YTD Video Downloader
The ad-supported software is usually is bundled with free software and install themselves, with or without your knowledge, on your PC system. This happens especially when you’re installing a freeware. The program installer tricks you into accepting the installation of third-party programs, which you do not really want. Moreover, certain paid applications can also install bundled software that you do not want! Therefore, always download free software and paid apps from reputable download web sites. Use ONLY custom or manual install type and never blindly click Next button.
To sum up
Once you’ve finished the few simple steps above, your PC should be clean from YTD Video Downloader that redirects your browser to undesired ad web sites and other malware. The Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Edge will no longer redirect you to various unwanted websites similar to YTD Video Downloader. Unfortunately, if the tutorial does not help you, then you have caught a new ad supported software, and then the best way – ask for help here.