If the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge and Google Chrome suddenly begins displaying the Recipe Network when you did not set it as your homepage or search engine, then most probably that you have a potentially unwanted application (PUA) from the hijacker family installed on the machine. A common tactic used by PUPs creators is to modify web-browser’s settings such as start page, new tab and default search provider so that the affected internet browser goes to a page under the author’s control.
As mentioned above, the Recipe Network hijacker also alters the browser’s search engine. So, your browser, when searching something, will open a hodgepodge of advertisements, links to unwanted and ad web-pages and search results from the big search providers such as Google or Bing. As a result, actual use of a web browser’s search becomes uncomfortable. Moreover, it may also lead to slowing or even freeze your browser.
In order to find out PUPs, get rid of Recipe Network from your web-browser, please use the effective guide below.
Remove Recipe Network (removal instructions)
Fortunately, it’s not hard to get rid of the Recipe Network browser hijacker infection. In the following steps, we will provide two methods to free your personal computer of this browser hijacker. One is the manual removal way and the other is automatic removal method. You can select the way that best fits you. Please follow the removal tutorial below to get rid of Recipe Network right now!
To remove Recipe Network, perform the following steps:
- Removing the Recipe Network, check the list of installed software first
- Remove Recipe Network from Chrome
- Remove Recipe Network from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web browser settings
- Get rid of Recipe Network redirect from IE
- How to remove Recipe Network with free programs
- Run AdBlocker to stop Recipe Network redirect
Manual Recipe Network homepage removal
Read this section to know how to manually remove the Recipe Network browser hijacker. Even if the tutorial does not work for you, there are several free malicious software removers below which can easily handle such hijackers.
Removing the Recipe Network, check the list of installed software first
The best way to start the PC system cleanup is to uninstall unknown and questionable software. Using the Microsoft Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded software can clean up the Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer from pop up ads hijackers and so on.
Make sure you have closed all internet browsers and other software. Next, remove any unknown and suspicious programs from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, press the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Choose “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of applications installed on your personal computer. Most likely, one of them is the hijacker responsible for redirects to Recipe Network. Select the dubious program or the program that name is not familiar to you and delete it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in Windows, choose “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, select “Uninstall a program”.
Choose the suspicious or any unknown apps, then press “Uninstall/Change” button to remove this undesired application from your personal computer.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Select an undesired program, then click “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Remove Recipe Network from Chrome
The browser hijacker can change your Chrome settings without your knowledge. You may see the Recipe Network as your search engine or home page, additional extensions and toolbars. Reset Google Chrome web-browser will help you to delete Recipe Network and reset the unwanted changes caused by hijacker. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
- First start the Google Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is finished, your web browser’s startpage, newtab and search provider will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Recipe Network from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web browser settings
The Firefox reset will delete unwanted search provider and homepage such as Recipe Network, modified preferences, extensions and security settings. It’ll keep your personal information such as browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
Press the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as displayed on the image below.
A small menu will appear, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed in the following example.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your Firefox web-browser settings to their default state.
Get rid of Recipe Network redirect from IE
If you find that Internet Explorer web-browser settings like search engine by default, start page and newtab had been hijacked, then you may return your settings, via the reset web-browser process.
First, start the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then press the “Internet Options” as displayed on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as displayed in the figure below.
After the process is complete, press “Close” button. Close the IE and reboot your machine for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s search engine by default, newtab and startpage to default state.
How to remove Recipe Network with free programs
Manual removal tutorial does not always help to delete browser hijacker infection easily, as it’s not easy to identify and get rid of components of hijacker and all malicious files from hard disk. Therefore, it’s recommended that you use malware removal utility to fully remove Recipe Network off your computer. Several free malware removal utilities are currently available that can be used against the hijacker. The optimum way would be to run Zemana AntiMalware, MalwareBytes and Hitman Pro.
How to automatically delete Recipe Network with Zemana
You can download and use the Zemana Free for free. This anti malware tool will scan all the MS Windows registry keys and files in your PC along with the system settings and browser plugins. If it finds any malicious software, ad supported software or malicious add-on that is causing web browsers to display unwanted Recipe Network site then the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will remove them from your PC system completely.
- Zemana can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is complete, please close all apps and open windows on your computer. Next, start a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana will run and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button . Zemana program will scan through the whole computer for the browser hijacker responsible for redirecting user searches to Recipe Network. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your machine. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- Once Zemana completes the scan, a list of all items detected is created.
- Once you’ve selected what you wish to delete from your personal computer click the “Next” button. The tool will get rid of browser hijacker which cause Recipe Network web-page to appear. After finished, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the Zemana Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Get rid of Recipe Network homepage from browsers with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a completely free (30 day trial) utility. You don’t need expensive solutions to get rid of browser hijacker responsible for redirecting your web browser to Recipe Network website and other shady software. HitmanPro will delete all the undesired apps such as adware and hijackers for free.
Visit the following page to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and run Hitman Pro on your machine. Once started, click “Next” button . Hitman Pro application will scan through the whole machine for the hijacker infection related to Recipe Network startpage. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your personal computer. During the scan Hitman Pro will search for threats exist on your machine..
Once the scan get completed, the results are displayed in the scan report.
Review the report and then press Next button.
It will display a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malicious software found.
Run AdBlocker to stop Recipe Network redirect
By installing an adblocker program such as AdGuard, you’re able to stop Recipe Network, autoplaying video ads and remove a ton of distracting and annoying ads on web pages.
Click the link below to download the latest version of AdGuard for MS Windows. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
When downloading is finished, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen like below.
Follow the prompts. After the installation is complete, you will see a window as displayed in the following example.
You can click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop pop up ads, Recipe Network redirect, as well as other harmful or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
How did you get infected with Recipe Network hijacker
The hijacker is usually is bundled with free applications and install themselves, with or without your knowledge, on your personal computer. This happens especially when you are installing a free applications. The program installer tricks you into accepting the installation of third party software, which you don’t really want. Moreover, some paid apps can also install optional applications which you don’t want! Therefore, always download free programs and paid apps from reputable download pages. Use ONLY custom or manual setup option and never blindly press Next button.
To sum up
Now your personal computer should be free of the browser hijacker infection that causes browsers to display unwanted Recipe Network web page. We suggest that you keep Zemana Free (to periodically scan your machine for new browser hijackers and other malicious software) and AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop-up ads and harmful pages). Moreover, to prevent any browser hijacker, please stay clear of unknown and third party applications, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to scan for PUPs.
If you need more help with Recipe Network related issues, go to here.