The EasyDirections is a potentially unwanted application (PUA) from the adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) group.
In most cases, the ad supported software installs on the PC in a bundle with free programs that you downloaded and installed from the Net. Once it gets inside your PC system, it will change certain machine’s settings in order to redirect your’s browser to unwanted web-sites or display a large amount of annoying advertisements from various third-party ad networks.
Even worse, the adware be able to gather marketing-type data about you that can be later used for marketing purposes. You do not know if your home address, account names and passwords are safe.
If you are unfortunate have adware or malicious software running on your PC, you can follow the suggestions here to get rid of EasyDirections from your internet browser.
Remove EasyDirections adware (Virus removal guide)
Most commonly ad supported software requires more than a simple uninstall through the use of MS Windows Control panel in order to be fully uninstalled. For that reason, our team made several removal ways which we’ve summarized in a detailed guidance. Therefore, if you have the annoying EasyDirections on your personal computer and are currently trying to have it removed then feel free to follow the steps below in order to resolve your problem. Some of the steps below will require you to exit this web-page. So, please read the steps carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove EasyDirections, execute the steps below:
- Uninstall EasyDirections associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Remove EasyDirections from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
- Delete EasyDirections ad-supported software from Internet Explorer
- Remove EasyDirections adware from Chrome
- How to automatically remove EasyDirections adware
- Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
How to manually delete EasyDirections
To remove EasyDirections adware, adware and other unwanted apps you can try to do so manually. Unfortunately some of the ad-supported software won’t show up in your program list, but some ad supported software may. In this case, you may be able to delete it via the uninstall function of your computer. You can do this by following the steps below.
Uninstall EasyDirections associated software by using Windows Control Panel
The process of adware removal is generally the same across all versions of Microsoft Windows OS from 10 to XP. To start with, it’s necessary to check the list of installed applications on your PC system and delete all unused, unknown and questionable software.
Make sure you have closed all internet browsers and other applications. Next, delete any unwanted and suspicious programs from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, press the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Select “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of applications installed on your system. Most likely, one of them is the EasyDirections adware that created to reroute your web-browser to various ad web-sites. Choose the suspicious program or the application that name is not familiar to you and remove it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in Windows, select “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, choose “Uninstall a program”.
Choose the questionable or any unknown applications, then click “Uninstall/Change” button to uninstall this undesired program from your PC.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Choose an unwanted application, then press “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Remove EasyDirections from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
This step will help you remove EasyDirections , third-party toolbars, disable harmful add-ons and revert back your default start page, new tab page and search provider settings.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and press the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as displayed on the image below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the image below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to revert back your Firefox web-browser settings to their default values.
Delete EasyDirections ad-supported software from Internet Explorer
If you find that Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser settings had been modified by EasyDirections ad supported software that causes unwanted pop-up ads, then you may revert back your settings, via the reset internet browser procedure.
First, open the IE, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then click the “Internet Options” as displayed on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as displayed below.
After the task is complete, click “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s newtab page, start page and search provider by default to default state.
Remove EasyDirections adware from Chrome
If you are getting EasyDirections ads, then you can try to get rid of it by resetting Chrome to its default state. It will also clear cookies, content and site data, temporary and cached data. Essential information like bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
- First, start the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
How to automatically remove EasyDirections adware
AntiMalware apps differ from each other by many features like performance, scheduled scans, automatic updates, virus signature database, technical support, compatibility with other antivirus applications and so on. We suggest you use the following free applications: Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM), MalwareBytes and HitmanPro. Each of these programs has all of needed features, but most importantly, they can find out the adware and get rid of EasyDirections ad-supported software from the Microsoft Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome and Firefox.
Remove EasyDirections adware with Zemana Anti Malware
Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) is a malware removal utility developed for MS Windows. This utility will allow you remove EasyDirections , various types of malware (including browser hijackers and potentially unwanted software) from your system. It has simple and user friendly interface. While the Zemana does its job, your personal computer will run smoothly.
Now you can install and use Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) to remove EasyDirections adware from your web browser by following the steps below:
Please go to the link below to download Zemana Anti Malware installer called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup on your computer. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: February 14, 2019
Start the installation package after it has been downloaded successfully and then follow the prompts to install this utility on your PC.
During installation you can change certain settings, but we recommend you do not make any changes to default settings.
When installation is done, this malicious software removal utility will automatically start and update itself. You will see its main window as shown below.
Now click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the EasyDirections that causes multiple annoying ads and popups. This task can take some time, so please be patient. While the Zemana Free program is scanning, you may see count of objects it has identified as threat.
Once Zemana has finished scanning your PC, Zemana Free will show a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been found. When you’re ready, click “Next” button.
The Zemana Free will get rid of EasyDirections adware that causes internet browsers to show unwanted ads and move items to the program’s quarantine. After the clean up is finished, you may be prompted to reboot your personal computer to make the change take effect.
Run MalwareBytes to remove EasyDirections
Manual EasyDirections adware removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware can be not completely removed. We recommend that use the MalwareBytes Anti Malware that are completely free your computer of ad-supported software. Moreover, the free program will help you to get rid of malware, PUPs, browser hijackers and toolbars that your computer can be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti Malware on your PC system by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is done, please close all software and open windows on your personal computer. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Anti Malware onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes will launch and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Anti Malware application will scan through the whole machine for the EasyDirections that causes multiple undesired ads and popups. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your PC and the speed of your system. While the MalwareBytes Anti Malware tool is checking, you may see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
- Once MalwareBytes has completed scanning your machine, MalwareBytes Anti Malware will prepare a list of unwanted applications ad supported software.
- You may remove items (move to Quarantine) by simply click the “Quarantine Selected” button. Once the process is finished, you may be prompted to restart the machine.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
If you want to delete unwanted ads, browser redirects and popups, then install an ad-blocking program like AdGuard. It can stop EasyDirections, advertisements, pop ups and stop websites from tracking your online activities when using the Microsoft Internet Explorer, MS Edge, Firefox and Google Chrome. So, if you like browse the Net, but you do not like unwanted ads and want to protect your computer from harmful web-pages, then the AdGuard is your best choice.
- AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is done, click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and block pop-up ads, as well as other harmful or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Tips to prevent EasyDirections adware and other unwanted applications
These days some free programs makers bundle optional programs that could be PUPs like this ad supported software, with a view to making some money. These are not free applications as install an unwanted software on to your MS Windows system. So whenever you install a new free program that downloaded from the World Wide Web, be very careful during installation. Carefully read the EULA (a text with I ACCEPT/I DECLINE button), choose custom or manual setup type, uncheck all optional programs.
After completing the instructions outlined above, your PC should be clean from EasyDirections that cause annoying advertisements to appear and other malicious software. The IE, Edge, Firefox and Chrome will no longer redirect you to various intrusive pages such as EasyDirections. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new ad supported software, and then the best way – ask for help here.