If your web-browser is rerouted to a previously unseen web-page called Gsafe.getawesome9.com, then may be possible that your machine has become a victim of the adware (sometimes named ‘ad-supported’ software).
What does Adware do? Some of the more common acts on personal computers include: adware can show intrusive deals;ad supported software can redirect your web-browser to unwanted pages such as Gsafe.getawesome9.com; adware can slow down your personal computer; adware can alter internet browser settings.
The ad supported software that developed to reroute your browser to various ad websites like Gsafe.getawesome9.com can attack your PC system’s browsers such as the Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Maybe you approve the idea that the popups from it is just a small problem. But these unwanted Gsafe.getawesome9.com advertisements eat system resources and slow down your personal computer’s performance.
Even worse, the adware be able to gather a wide variety of privacy information about you that can be later sold to third parties. You do not know if your home address, account names and passwords are safe.
As evident, the ad-supported software is a potentially undesired application and should not be used. If you realized any of the symptoms mentioned above, we suggest you to complete steps below to delete the adware and remove Gsafe.getawesome9.com popup ads from your internet browser.
Remove Gsafe.getawesome9.com pop-ups
We can assist you get rid of Gsafe.getawesome9.com from your web browsers, without the need to take your system to a professional. Simply follow the removal guide below if you currently have the intrusive adware on your personal computer and want to delete it. If you’ve any difficulty while trying to get rid of the adware responsible for redirecting your web browser to Gsafe.getawesome9.com web-site, feel free to ask for our help in the comment section below. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your browser or restart your PC system.
To remove Gsafe.getawesome9.com, complete the following steps:
- Remove Gsafe.getawesome9.com redirect without any utilities
- Gsafe.getawesome9.com redirect automatic removal
- How to stop Gsafe.getawesome9.com redirect
- Where the Gsafe.getawesome9.com ads comes from
- Finish words
Remove Gsafe.getawesome9.com redirect without any utilities
Read this “How to remove” section to know how to manually delete ad-supported software responsible for Gsafe.getawesome9.com popups. Even if the steps does not work for you, there are several free malware removers below that can easily handle such adware that causes multiple intrusive pop-ups.
Delete questionable programs using Windows Control Panel
Some of PUPs, adware and hijackers can be removed using the Add/Remove programs utility which can be found in the Windows Control Panel. So, if you are running any version of Windows and you have noticed an unwanted program, then first try to remove it through Add/Remove programs.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and press “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will show a list of all apps installed on the computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete dubious and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video guidance below.
Remove Gsafe.getawesome9.com popups from Chrome
The adware can modify your Google Chrome settings without your knowledge. You may see an unknown website as your search engine or homepage, additional extensions and toolbars. Reset Chrome internet browser will allow you to delete Gsafe.getawesome9.com pop up ads and reset the unwanted changes caused by ad supported software. However, your saved bookmarks and passwords will not be lost. This will not affect your history, passwords, bookmarks, and other saved data.
- First, run the Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset settings dialog box as on the image above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Gsafe.getawesome9.com popups from Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer web browser settings such as new tab page, default search provider and home page had been changed by adware related to Gsafe.getawesome9.com redirect, then you may revert back your settings, via the reset browser procedure.
First, run the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your system for the changes to take effect. It will remove adware responsible for redirecting your browser to Gsafe.getawesome9.com website, disable malicious and ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like new tab, default search engine and homepage to default state.
Get rid of Gsafe.getawesome9.com from Firefox by resetting browser settings
If Firefox settings are hijacked by the adware, your browser shows intrusive pop-up advertisements, then ‘Reset Firefox’ could solve these problems. However, your saved bookmarks and passwords will not be lost. This will not affect your history, passwords, bookmarks, and other saved data.
Start the Mozilla Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the internet browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will display the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the Gsafe.getawesome9.com adware. Once, it is complete, click the “Finish” button.
Gsafe.getawesome9.com redirect automatic removal
After completing the manual removal guide above all unwanted programs, malicious internet browser’s extensions and adware responsible for redirects to Gsafe.getawesome9.com should be removed. If the problem with Gsafe.getawesome9.com redirect is still remained, then we suggest to scan your PC system for any remaining malicious components. Run recommended free adware removal software below.
Use Zemana to remove Gsafe.getawesome9.com
You can delete Gsafe.getawesome9.com redirect automatically with a help of Zemana Free. We suggest this malware removal tool because it may easily remove hijackers, PUPs, ad supported software that redirects your web browser to Gsafe.getawesome9.com page with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
- Please go to the following link to download the latest version of Zemana Free for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: February 14, 2019
- After downloading is finished, close all programs and windows on your system. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the ad supported software related to Gsafe.getawesome9.com redirect. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is done.
- After the checking is finished, Zemana Free will display a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been detected. Review the scan results and then click “Next”. Once that process is finished, you can be prompted to restart your personal computer.
Remove Gsafe.getawesome9.com redirect and malicious extensions with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a completely free (30 day trial) tool. You don’t need expensive solutions to delete ad supported software responsible for Gsafe.getawesome9.com redirect and other shady programs. Hitman Pro will uninstall all the unwanted applications like adware and hijacker infections at zero cost.
Hitman Pro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Once the downloading process is finished, open the file location. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the Hitman Pro desktop icon. After the utility is started, you will see a screen as on the image below.
Further, press “Next” button . Hitman Pro tool will start scanning the whole PC to find out adware that causes undesired Gsafe.getawesome9.com pop-ups. Depending on your computer, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When HitmanPro completes the scan, HitmanPro will show a list of found threats like below.
Review the scan results and then click “Next” button. It will show a dialog box, press the “Activate free license” button.
Automatically get rid of Gsafe.getawesome9.com advertisements with MalwareBytes
If you are having problems with Gsafe.getawesome9.com popup ads removal, then check out MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM). This is a utility that can help clean up your PC and improve your speeds for free. Find out more below.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) for MS Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- After the download is done, close all programs and windows on your machine. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, press the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Free application will scan through the whole computer for the adware responsible for redirects to Gsafe.getawesome9.com. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. While the MalwareBytes Free utility is scanning, you may see count of objects it has identified as being affected by malware.
- Once finished, the results are displayed in the scan report. Review the scan results and then click “Quarantine Selected”. After the process is finished, you can be prompted to restart your system.
The following video offers a steps on how to get rid of hijacker infections, ad-supported software and other malware with MalwareBytes Anti Malware.
How to stop Gsafe.getawesome9.com redirect
By installing an ad blocking program such as AdGuard, you’re able to block Gsafe.getawesome9.com, autoplaying video ads and remove a large count of distracting and annoying ads on web-sites.
- AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When downloading is complete, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is complete, click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop up ads, web-sites like Gsafe.getawesome9.com, as well as other harmful or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
Where the Gsafe.getawesome9.com ads comes from
The adware is bundled within many freeware and commercial programs. This PUP can be installed in background without user consent, but usually it is introduced to a user when a downloaded program are installed. So, read term of use and user agreement very carefully before installing any software or otherwise you can end up with another adware on your personal computer, such as this ad-supported software which cause annoying Gsafe.getawesome9.com popups to appear.
Now your computer should be free of the adware that causes multiple undesired pop-up ads. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted ads and unwanted malicious pages) and Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your personal computer for new malware, hijackers and ad-supported software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for MS Windows operating system. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new hijackers, malicious apps and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of Gsafe.getawesome9.com advertisements from your internet browser, then ask for help here.