If you keep receiving misleading Windows-rescue.info pop-up alerts, when you browse the Internet with the Chrome, Internet Explorer, MS Edge and Firefox, then may be possible that your web-browser has become the victim of the malicious software from the adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) category.
The ad-supported software have a negative impact on the functioning of your machine. The main function of adware is to show a ton of advertisements, so it may redirect your web-browser to various unwanted and misleading web-sites like the Windows-rescue.info, instead of the one that you want to visit. Also, the adware alters system settings, slows down the Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome and the speed of your internet connection.
When ad supported software gets inside your PC, it might carry out various harmful tasks. It can analyze the location and which Internet websites you visit, and then display advertisements to the types of content, goods or services featured there. Ad-supported software authors can collect and sell your surfing information and behavior to third parties.
The adware can alter the settings of the Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Microsoft Edge, but often that a malicious software like this can also hijack all types of browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts.
Therefore it’s very important to follow the step-by-step instructions below as quickly as possible. The steps will allow you to delete ad supported software as well as clean your computer from the Windows-rescue.info popup warnings. What is more, the steps below will help you remove other harmful programs such as undesired toolbars and browser hijackers, that can be installed onto PC along with the adware.
Remove Windows-rescue.info pop up warnings
There present several free adware removal utilities. Also it is possible to delete Windows-rescue.info pop up manually. But we advise to combine all these solutions below into the one removal algorithm. Follow the steps of the guide. Certain of the steps will require you to reboot your machine or close this site. So, read this instructions carefully, then bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove Windows-rescue.info, complete the steps below:
- Manual Windows-rescue.info fake alerts removal
- How to automatically delete Windows-rescue.info pop-up
- How to stop Windows-rescue.info popup scam
- Don’t know how your web browser has been hijacked by Windows-rescue.info popup?
- To sum up
Manual Windows-rescue.info fake alerts removal
Most common adware may be removed without any antivirus software. The manual ad-supported software removal is step-by-step guide that will teach you how to get rid of the Windows-rescue.info popup warnings.
Uninstall adware through the Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and uninstall the program that causes the appearance of annoying advertisements or web browser redirect, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, press “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will open a list of all applications installed on the machine.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete suspicious and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Remove Windows-rescue.info from Mozilla Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
Resetting your Mozilla Firefox is basic troubleshooting step for any issues with your web browser program, including the redirect to Windows-rescue.info page. When using the reset feature, your personal information like passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and press the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as on the image below.
A small menu will appear, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as on the image below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your Firefox web browser settings to their default state.
Get rid of Windows-rescue.info pop up scam from Microsoft Internet Explorer
The Microsoft Internet Explorer reset is great if your web-browser is hijacked or you have unwanted addo-ons or toolbars on your web browser, that installed by an malicious software.
First, start the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window like below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your PC for the changes to take effect.
Remove Windows-rescue.info pop-up scam from Google Chrome
Annoying Windows-rescue.info pop up scam or other symptom of having ad supported software in your web-browser is a good reason to reset Chrome. This is an easy method to restore the Google Chrome settings and not lose any important information.
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed addons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Google Chrome main menu again, press to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown on the screen below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
How to automatically delete Windows-rescue.info pop-up
In order to completely get rid of Windows-rescue.info, you not only need to remove adware from your PC, but also get rid of all its components in your computer including Windows registry entries. We suggest to download and run free removal utilities to automatically clean your PC system of adware that causes misleading Windows-rescue.info fake alerts on your web-browser.
Scan and free your browser of Windows-rescue.info pop up warnings with Zemana Free
Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) is a free application for Microsoft Windows OS to detect and get rid of PUPs, adware, malicious browser add-ons, browser toolbars, and other undesired programs such as adware that causes web-browsers to display misleading Windows-rescue.info fake alerts.
- Installing the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) is simple. First you will need to download Zemana on your Microsoft Windows Desktop by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: February 14, 2019
- When the download is complete, close all software and windows on your machine. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, click the “Scan” button . Zemana Anti-Malware application will scan through the whole PC system for the ad-supported software that causes multiple misleading Windows-rescue.info alerts and pop ups. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) application is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as threat.
- After the scanning is finished, Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will display a list of detected threats. All found threats will be marked. You can get rid of them all by simply click “Next”. When that process is complete, you can be prompted to reboot your personal computer.
Scan your PC system and get rid of Windows-rescue.info pop-up scam with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a free removal utility which can scan your system for a wide range of security threats such as malicious software, adwares, potentially unwanted apps as well as adware that causes web browsers to display misleading Windows-rescue.info pop up. It will perform a deep scan of your system including hard drives and MS Windows registry. When a malicious software is detected, it will help you to remove all detected threats from your computer with a simple click.
Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and use HitmanPro on your machine. Once started, click “Next” button . HitmanPro tool will start scanning the whole computer to find out adware that displays misleading Windows-rescue.info pop-up on your personal computer. When a threat is found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. .
When the scan get finished, HitmanPro will display a list of all items found by the scan.
Review the results once the tool has done the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click Next button.
It will show a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Automatically get rid of Windows-rescue.info pop up warnings with Malwarebytes
Get rid of Windows-rescue.info fake alerts manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we suggest you to run the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free program will help you to delete malware, PUPs, toolbars and hijackers that your computer can be infected too.
- Visit the following page to download MalwareBytes Free. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- Once the downloading process is complete, close all programs and windows on your machine. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is done, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the adware that causes multiple misleading Windows-rescue.info alerts and pop ups. When a malware, ad-supported software or potentially unwanted programs are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is finished.
- Once MalwareBytes Free has completed scanning, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) will show a list of all items detected by the scan. All found threats will be marked. You can get rid of them all by simply click “Quarantine Selected”. When disinfection is complete, you can be prompted to reboot your machine.
The following video offers a step-by-step instructions on how to remove hijacker infections, adware and other malicious software with MalwareBytes.
How to stop Windows-rescue.info popup scam
By installing an ad blocking program like AdGuard, you’re able to block Windows-rescue.info, autoplaying video ads and remove lots of distracting and intrusive ads on web pages.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of AdGuard for MS Windows. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the setup is finished, press “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop up ads, Windows-rescue.info scam, as well as other harmful or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Don’t know how your web browser has been hijacked by Windows-rescue.info popup?
Usually, adware gets into your system as part of a bundle with free applications, sharing files and other unsafe apps that you downloaded from the Internet. The makers of this ad supported software pays software authors for distributing ad-supported software within their software. So, optional applications is often included as part of the installation package. In order to avoid the installation of any ad supported software that causes browsers to display misleading Windows-rescue.info fake alerts: choose only Manual, Custom or Advanced setup mode and disable all bundled apps in which you are unsure.
To sum up
Once you have finished the steps outlined above, your PC system should be clean from this adware and other malware. The IE, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Chrome will no longer display annoying Windows-rescue.info site when you browse the Internet. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted Windows-rescue.info pop up warnings.