What is Trojan.MSIL.Agent? If you’re reading this post, it means that your antivirus software detects the Trojan.MSIL.Agent threat. It indicates that your machine is infected with malicious software, which is often installs on the personal computer with the free programs. You probably want to know how to delete any security threats as well as get rid of Trojan.MSIL.Agent . In the steps below we will tell you about how to solve your problems.
If you still are not sure that your computer is affected with malicious software, then check your personal computer for the common symptoms of this infection:
- your browser displays ads where previously you have never seen;
- Firefox, Chrome, IE and MS Edge shows lots of intrusive ads;
- web browser settings like start page and search provider are hijacked;
- your antivirus software detects an infection;
- Internet connection may be slow.
Another reason why you need to remove Trojan.MSIL.Agent virus is its online data-tracking activity. It can gather personal information, including:
- IP addresses;
- URLs visited;
- search queries/terms;
- clicks on links and advertisements;
- web-browser version information.
Don’t panic because we have got the solution. Here’s a steps on how to get rid of any malware and thereby remove Trojan.MSIL.Agent virus from your system for free.
Remove Trojan.MSIL.Agent virus (removal tutorial)
Without a doubt, the Trojan.MSIL.Agent virus is harmful to your PC. So you need to quickly and completely remove this malicious software. To remove this virus, you can use the removal steps which are given below and free malicious software removal tool such as Zemana, MalwareBytes Anti Malware or HitmanPro (all are free). We suggest you use automatic removal way that will help you to remove Trojan.MSIL.Agent easily and safely. Manual removal is best used only if you are well versed in PC system or in the case where virus is not removed automatically. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to exit your browser or restart your PC system.
To remove Trojan.MSIL.Agent, execute the following steps:
- Remove questionable apps using MS Windows Control Panel
- How to get rid of Trojan.MSIL.Agent with Zemana Free
- Use Hitman Pro to remove Trojan.MSIL.Agent from the system
- Trojan.MSIL.Agent removal with Malwarebytes
- Remove Trojan.MSIL.Agent from Internet Explorer
- Get rid of Trojan.MSIL.Agent virus from Google Chrome
- Remove Trojan.MSIL.Agent from Mozilla Firefox
- Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
- To sum up
Remove questionable apps using MS Windows Control Panel
First, go to MS Windows Control Panel and remove dubious programs, all programs you don’t remember installing. It is important to pay the most attention to apps you installed just before Trojan.MSIL.Agent virus appeared on your internet browser. If you don’t know what a program does, look for the answer on the Internet.
Make sure you have closed all internet browsers and other apps. Press CTRL, ALT, DEL keys together to open the MS Windows Task Manager.
Click on the “Processes” tab, look for something dubious that is the virus and other kinds of potential threats such as malicious software and potentially unwanted software then right-click it and select “End Task” or “End Process” option. Most often, malware masks itself to avoid detection by imitating legitimate Windows processes. A process is particularly suspicious: it’s taking up a lot of memory (despite the fact that you closed all of your programs), its name is not familiar to you (if you’re in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for its name in Google, Yahoo or Bing).
Next, uninstall any unknown and suspicious software from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, click the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Choose “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of apps installed on your system. Most probably, one of them is the virus and other malicious software and potentially unwanted applications. Select the questionable program or the program that name is not familiar to you and uninstall it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in MS Windows, choose “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, select “Uninstall a program”.
Select the questionable or any unknown applications, then press “Uninstall/Change” button to delete this undesired program from your machine.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Select an undesired program, then click “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
How to get rid of Trojan.MSIL.Agent with Zemana Free
We suggest using the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) which are completely clean your computer of the virus. The tool is an advanced malware removal program developed by (c) Zemana lab. It is able to help you delete PUPs, adware, malware, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your computer for free.
- Installing the Zemana AntiMalware is simple. First you will need to download Zemana Anti-Malware by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: February 14, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After downloading is complete, please close all software and open windows on your PC. Next, start a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will start and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the Trojan.MSIL.Agent virus related files, folders and registry keys. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your system and the speed of your machine. While the Zemana Free tool is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified as being affected by malicious software.
- Once the system scan is done, Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will open a screen which contains a list of malware that has been detected.
- You may remove items (move to Quarantine) by simply press the “Next” button. The utility will get rid of virus and other kinds of potential threats like malicious software and potentially unwanted apps and move threats to the program’s quarantine. Once disinfection is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the machine.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Use Hitman Pro to remove Trojan.MSIL.Agent from the system
HitmanPro is a portable tool that scans for and uninstalls unwanted apps like hijacker infections, adware, toolbars, other web-browser addons and other malicious software. It scans your PC system for the Trojan.MSIL.Agent and other kinds of potential threats such as malware and PUPs and prepares a list of items marked for removal. Hitman Pro will only erase those undesired applications that you wish to be removed.
Download Hitman Pro from the link below. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and use Hitman Pro on your PC system. Once started, click “Next” button . Hitman Pro tool will start scanning the whole personal computer to find out the Trojan.MSIL.Agent and other security threats. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your PC system and the speed of your PC system. When a malware, adware or PUPs are found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
When the system scan is finished, HitmanPro will show a list of found threats.
In order to remove all items, simply click Next button.
It will display a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malware found.
Trojan.MSIL.Agent removal with Malwarebytes
Remove Trojan.MSIL.Agent virus manually is difficult and often the virus is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your personal computer. Moreover, the free application will help you to remove malicious software, PUPs, toolbars and ad-supported software that your machine can be infected too.
MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
When downloading is complete, close all windows on your PC system. Further, run the file called mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as displayed in the figure below, click the “Yes” button.
It will display the “Setup wizard” which will help you install MalwareBytes Anti Malware on the PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once setup is complete successfully, click Finish button. Then MalwareBytes Free will automatically start and you can see its main window as displayed in the following example.
Next, click the “Scan Now” button to find the Trojan.MSIL.Agent related files, folders and registry keys. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your PC system and the speed of your personal computer.
Once that process is finished, you may check all items found on your PC. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes AntiMalware will remove the Trojan.MSIL.Agent related files, folders and registry keys and move items to the program’s quarantine. Once the process is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your system. We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes Free to remove hijacker infections, adware and other malware.
Remove Trojan.MSIL.Agent from Internet Explorer
In order to restore all browser settings that have been changed by Trojan.MSIL.Agent you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your PC system.
First, run the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your system for the changes to take effect. It will delete virus and other malware and potentially unwanted apps, disable malicious and ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like home page, search provider and new tab page to default state.
Get rid of Trojan.MSIL.Agent virus from Google Chrome
Like other modern internet browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby recover the web-browser settings that have been replaced by the Trojan.MSIL.Agent virus.
- First, run the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Trojan.MSIL.Agent from Mozilla Firefox
If the Firefox settings have been replaced by the Trojan.MSIL.Agent virus, then resetting it to the default state can help. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
First, run the Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
To put it simply, you need to use an ad blocking utility (AdGuard, for example). It will stop and protect you from all unwanted sites, ads and pop-ups. To be able to do that, the ad blocker program uses a list of filters. Each filter is a rule that describes a malicious website, an advertising content, a banner and others. The ad blocking program automatically uses these filters, depending on the web pages you are visiting.
Please go to the link below to download the latest version of AdGuard for MS Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as displayed in the figure below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guidance as on the image below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick instructions that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will run automatically and block unwanted advertisements, as well as other harmful or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
To sum up
After completing the instructions above, your computer should be clean from the Trojan.MSIL.Agent and other malware. Your antivirus software will no longer detect any security threats. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new malicious software, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the Trojan.MSIL.Agent virus.