What is Hacktool:Win32/Keygen? If your antivirus detects Hacktool:Win32/Keygen then it indicates that your system is affected with a malicious software. This virus usually come with some free applications or from misleading websites that offer users to download and run a free software.
The Hacktool:Win32/Keygen virus can hide itself in the personal computer’s memory and files, change some computer settings and block them from changing. Also this virus can download and install: browser addons that will inject intrusive advertisements within the IE, Firefox, Chrome and Microsoft Edge’s screen; a hijacker that will modify internet browser’s home page and search provider.
Moreover, the Hacktool:Win32/Keygen virus can be used to gather privacy data about you. This privacy data, in the future, can be used for marketing purposes. What creates the risk of theft of your confidential data
We recommend you to remove Hacktool:Win32/Keygen virus and clean your system of any malicious software without a wait, until the presence of this virus has not led to even worse consequences. Use the few simple steps below that will help you to completely remove Hacktool:Win32/Keygen virus, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
Remove Hacktool:Win32/Keygen virus
The following steps will help you to get rid of Hacktool:Win32/Keygen from your personal computer. Moreover, the guide below will help you to remove malicious software such as potentially unwanted software, ad-supported software and toolbars that your computer may be infected. Please do the tutorial step by step. If you need assist or have any questions, then ask for our assistance or type a comment below. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to exit your web-browser or reboot your computer.
To remove Hacktool:Win32/Keygen, complete the steps below:
- Delete suspicious software through the Control Panel of your PC system
- How to automatically remove Hacktool:Win32/Keygen with Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM)
- Use HitmanPro to delete Hacktool:Win32/Keygen from the personal computer
- Use Malwarebytes to remove Hacktool:Win32/Keygen
- Delete Hacktool:Win32/Keygen from Google Chrome
- Delete Hacktool:Win32/Keygen virus from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove Hacktool:Win32/Keygen from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- How to stay safe online
- Finish words
Delete suspicious software through the Control Panel of your PC system
In order to remove potentially unwanted programs like this virus, open the Microsoft Windows Control Panel and click on “Uninstall a program”. Check the list of installed apps. For the ones you do not know, run an Internet search to see if they are ad supported software, hijacker infection or PUPs. If yes, delete them off. Even if they are just a software which you do not use, then removing them off will increase your computer start up time and speed dramatically.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and press “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will show a list of all apps installed on the personal computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall dubious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video tutorial below.
How to automatically remove Hacktool:Win32/Keygen with Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM)
You can remove Hacktool:Win32/Keygen virus automatically with a help of Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM). We suggest this malicious software removal utility because it can easily get rid of viruss, potentially unwanted programs, ad-supported software and toolbars with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
- Download Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) on your Microsoft Windows Desktop from the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the download is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your computer. Next, run a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of Zemana onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Free will start and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to look for the Hacktool:Win32/Keygen and other security threats. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC system. When a malicious software, adware or potentially unwanted programs are found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is finished.
- After finished, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will display you the results.
- Next, you need to click the “Next” button. The tool will begin to remove the Hacktool:Win32/Keygen virus and other kinds of potential threats like malicious software and PUPs. After that process is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the PC.
- Close the Zemana Free and continue with the next step.
Use HitmanPro to delete Hacktool:Win32/Keygen from the personal computer
HitmanPro will help delete the Hacktool:Win32/Keygen virus and other malware and potentially unwanted software that slow down your personal computer. The browser hijackers, adware and other potentially unwanted programs slow your web-browser down and try to mislead you into clicking on malicious ads and links. HitmanPro removes the virus and lets you enjoy your machine without Hacktool:Win32/Keygen virus.
- Download Hitman Pro by clicking on the link below. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When the downloading process is complete, run the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, click the “Next” to perform a system scan for the Hacktool:Win32/Keygen related files, folders and registry keys. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. When a threat is found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
- After the scan get completed, you’ll be opened the list of all found threats on your computer. Once you’ve selected what you wish to get rid of from your computer click “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Use Malwarebytes to remove Hacktool:Win32/Keygen
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your system of the Hacktool:Win32/Keygen. The free utility is an advanced malware removal program made by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This application uses the world’s most popular antimalware technology. It is able to help you delete potentially unwanted applications, malware, adware, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your system for free.
MalwareBytes AntiMalware can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
When the download is finished, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes Free will try to update itself and when this procedure is done, click the “Scan Now” button to search for the Hacktool:Win32/Keygen virus and other malware and PUPs. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your PC system. When a malicious software, adware or PUPs are found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. All found items will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes AntiMalware is a free program that you can use to get rid of all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malware removal tool, we recommend you to read and follow the steps or the video guide below.
Delete Hacktool:Win32/Keygen from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a easy way to get rid of changes to browser settings, harmful and ad supported software extensions, as well as to recover the web-browser’s search engine, new tab and homepage that have been modified by Hacktool:Win32/Keygen virus.
- First launch the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed addons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is finished, your web browser’s search provider, new tab page and start page will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Delete Hacktool:Win32/Keygen virus from Mozilla Firefox
If your Mozilla Firefox web-browser settings are affected by the Hacktool:Win32/Keygen virus, then it may be time to perform the web-browser reset. Essential information such as bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
First, open the Firefox and click button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web browser. Further, click the Help button () as displayed in the following example.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed on the screen below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the virus related files, folders and registry keys. When, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Hacktool:Win32/Keygen from Microsoft Internet Explorer
In order to recover all browser homepage, search engine and newtab you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your system.
First, start the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then click the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button like below.
When the task is done, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and restart your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s search provider, home page and newtab to default state.
How to stay safe online
One of the worst things is the fact that you cannot stop all those intrusive and harmful web-sites using only built-in Windows capabilities. However, there is a program out that you can use to block undesired internet browser redirects, advertisements and pop-ups in any modern internet browsers including Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer. It is named Adguard and it works very well.
Click the following link to download the latest version of AdGuard for Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown in the following example.
Follow the prompts. Once the installation is finished, you will see a window as shown in the following example.
You can click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop pop up ads, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that can be found on your desktop.
After completing the steps shown above, your system should be clean from the Hacktool:Win32/Keygen and other malicious software. Your antivirus software will no longer detect any security threats. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new malware, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the Hacktool:Win32/Keygen virus.