If you find yourself facing annoying “You have won (1) google gift today” pop-up scam on your screen, then may be possible that Adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) get installed on your computer.
If you get Adware on your computer, it can alter the web-browser’s settings including homepage, newtab and search provider and install harmful addon that will show a huge number of unwanted pop up ads within the Internet Explorer, Firefox, MS Edge and Google Chrome screen. It is important, don’t click on these advertisements, as they can lead you to more malicious or misleading web-sites. The best option is to use the few simple steps posted below to free your personal computer of ad-supported software and thereby remove “You have won (1) google gift today” scam.
The adware that displays “You have won (1) google gift today” popup scam on your computer, is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. It changes web browser settings and blocks them from changing. Also the ad-supported software can install additional browser extensions and modules that will inject sponsored links within the Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer’s screen. Moreover, the ad supported software may install a web browser extension that once started, will alter the browser’s start page and search engine.
That is, it’s obvious that adware can steal your confidential information such as: your ip address, what is a site you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Web, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. The worst is, the adware may monetize its functionality by gathering personal info from your browsing sessions. This personal info, afterwards, can be easily sold to third parties. This puts your privacy information at a security risk.
The adware often modify all internet browser shortcut files that located on your Desktop to force you visit some unwanted ad web pages. As a result, your web browser can still redirect you to an unwanted ad site despite your PC is actually free of ad supported software and other malware.
Take a deep breath. Learn everything you should know about “You have won (1) google gift today” popups removal, how to get rid of adware from your browser and system. Find the best free ad supported software and malicious software removal tools here!
Remove “You have won (1) google gift today” scam (removal steps)
In order to remove “You have won (1) google gift today” pop ups from the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer, you need to reset the web-browser settings. Additionally, you should look up for other dubious entries, such as files, programs, browser addons and shortcuts. However, if you want to get rid of “You have won (1) google gift today” popups easily, you should use reputable anti malware utility and let it do the job for you.
To remove “You have won (1) google gift today”, follow the steps below:
- How to get rid of “You have won (1) google gift today” scam without any software
- Remove “You have won (1) google gift today” pop up scam with freeware
- Stop “You have won (1) google gift today” popups and other unwanted web-pages
- How can you prevent your machine from the attack of “You have won (1) google gift today” pop-up scam
- To sum up
How to get rid of “You have won (1) google gift today” scam without any software
Most common adware may be uninstalled without any antivirus applications. The manual adware removal is steps that will teach you how to remove the “You have won (1) google gift today” scam.
Delete PUPs through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
The process of ad-supported software removal is generally the same across all versions of Windows OS from 10 to XP. To start with, it’s necessary to check the list of installed apps on your computer and uninstall all unused, unknown and questionable applications.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, press “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will open a list of all applications installed on the system.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall questionable and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
Get rid of “You have won (1) google gift today” popup from Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer internet browser settings such as newtab, search engine by default and start page had been changed by ad supported software which displays “You have won (1) google gift today” pop ups on your PC system, then you may revert back your settings, via the reset browser procedure.
First, start the Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then press the “Internet Options” as displayed on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as on the image below.
After the task is finished, press “Close” button. Close the IE and reboot your personal computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s startpage, newtab and default search engine to default state.
Remove “You have won (1) google gift today” from Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
Resetting your Firefox is good initial troubleshooting step for any issues with your browser program, including the redirect to “You have won (1) google gift today” web-page. When using the reset feature, your personal information like passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
First, run the Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove “You have won (1) google gift today” pop up from Google Chrome
Another way to remove “You have won (1) google gift today” popup scam from Chrome is Reset Google Chrome settings. This will disable malicious add-ons and reset Chrome settings to original settings. It will save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
- First, launch the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset settings dialog box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove “You have won (1) google gift today” pop up scam with freeware
Manual removal instructions may not be for an unskilled computer user. Each “You have won (1) google gift today” removal step above, such as removing suspicious applications, restoring hijacked shortcut files, removing the ad supported software from system settings, must be performed very carefully. If you are have doubts about the steps above, then we suggest that you follow the automatic “You have won (1) google gift today” removal steps listed below.
Use Zemana AntiMalware to remove “You have won (1) google gift today” popup scam
Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) is free full featured malware removal tool. It can scan your files and MS Windows registry in real-time. Zemana can help to delete “You have won (1) google gift today” popup, other potentially unwanted applications, malware and ad supported software. It uses 1% of your machine resources. This tool has got simple and beautiful interface and at the same time effective protection for your PC.
- Zemana Free can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- Once the downloading process is finished, close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click the “Scan” button . Zemana Free tool will begin scanning the whole computer to find out adware that cause “You have won (1) google gift today” pop-up to appear. This process can take some time, so please be patient. While the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) program is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- Once Zemana Free completes the scan, you can check all threats found on your PC. All found threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Next”. When disinfection is complete, you can be prompted to reboot your computer.
Run Hitman Pro to remove “You have won (1) google gift today” popup
HitmanPro is a completely free (30 day trial) tool. You do not need expensive solutions to remove adware that causes web browsers to display the “You have won (1) google gift today” pop-up scam and other malicious apps. Hitman Pro will uninstall all the unwanted applications like adware and browser hijackers for free.
- Visit the page linked below to download Hitman Pro. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once downloading is done, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this tool is opened, press “Next” button to perform a system scan for the ad-supported software which cause “You have won (1) google gift today” scam to appear. When a malware, adware or PUPs are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When the checking is done, HitmanPro will open you the results. In order to get rid of all threats, simply click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
Get rid of “You have won (1) google gift today” pop-ups with Malwarebytes
Manual “You have won (1) google gift today” pop ups removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware can be not completely removed. We recommend that run the Malwarebytes Free that are completely free your system of adware. Moreover, the free application will allow you to remove malicious software, PUPs, hijacker infections and toolbars that your PC may be infected too.
Installing the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) is simple. First you’ll need to download MalwareBytes Free on your computer by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
After the downloading process is done, close all software and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup as shown below.
When the setup begins, you’ll see the “Setup wizard” that will help you setup Malwarebytes on your personal computer.
Once installation is finished, you’ll see window as displayed on the image below.
Now click the “Scan Now” button for checking your personal computer for the adware that causes web browsers to show the “You have won (1) google gift today” pop-ups. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your machine. While the MalwareBytes is scanning, you may see how many objects it has identified either as being malware.
Once the system scan is finished, MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will open a scan report. You may get rid of threats (move to Quarantine) by simply press “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will now delete ad supported software that cause “You have won (1) google gift today” pop-ups to appear. When that process is complete, you may be prompted to reboot your PC system.
The following video explains tutorial on how to remove browser hijacker, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes.
Stop “You have won (1) google gift today” popups and other unwanted web-pages
The AdGuard is a very good adblocker program for the Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, with active user support. It does a great job by removing certain types of annoying ads, popunders, pop-ups, unwanted new tabs, and even full page ads and web-site overlay layers. Of course, the AdGuard can stop the “You have won (1) google gift today” scam automatically or by using a custom filter rule.
AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen like below.
Follow the prompts. Once the installation is done, you will see a window as shown on the screen below.
You can click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and block ads, webpages such as “You have won (1) google gift today”, as well as other harmful or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
How can you prevent your machine from the attack of “You have won (1) google gift today” pop-up scam
To sum up
Now your personal computer should be free of the adware that causes multiple “You have won (1) google gift today” pop ups. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted advertisements and intrusive malicious pages) and Zemana Free (to periodically scan your PC system for new adwares and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove “You have won (1) google gift today” pop-ups from the MS Edge, Firefox, Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer, then ask for help here here.