What is DHL Email Virus? DHL Email Virus is a malware that uses DHL scam emails to distribute itself to unsuspecting victims. It can alter Windows OS and internet browsers settings, download and install other malware, ad supported software and PUPs. Moreover, this virus may give a remote access to your system and use your computer’s resources to generate digital money. It will make your PC system run very slow. On current date, the DHL Email virus continues to increase the number of machines which have been infected.
Once started, the DHL Email virus makes changes to the system settings and configures itself so as to start automatically each time the computer is turned on. Immediately after startup, this malicious software begins to monitor the user’s actions and add a harmful code directly into the open windows of the Internet Explorer, Firefox, MS Edge and Chrome.
The DHL Email virus can steal your private information such as: your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. This virus may monetize its functionality by collecting data from your browsing sessions and selling it to third party companies. This puts your personal information at a security risk.
To find out how to remove DHL Email virus, we advise to read the guide added to this blog post below. The tutorial was designed by experienced security experts who discovered a method to remove this virus out of the personal computer.
How to remove DHL Email virus from personal computer
We can help you remove DHL Email virus, without the need to take your PC system to a professional. Simply follow the removal guide below if you currently have the virus on your machine and want to get rid of it. If you’ve any difficulty while trying to get rid of DHL Email virus, feel free to ask for our help in the comment section below. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your browser or restart your PC system.
To remove DHL Email virus, execute the steps below:
- Remove suspicious software by using MS Windows Control Panel
- Run Zemana to get rid of DHL Email virus
- Scan your PC system and remove DHL Email virus with Hitman Pro
- Use Malwarebytes to delete DHL Email virus
- Remove DHL Email virus from Google Chrome
- Get rid of DHL Email virus from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove DHL Email virus from IE
- Run AdBlocker to stay safe online
- To sum up
Remove suspicious software by using MS Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you begin the personal computer cleaning procedure by checking the list of installed software and uninstall all unknown or suspicious programs. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the harmful apps such as adware and browser hijackers may be bundled with freeware. Delete the unwanted apps can remove the unwanted advertisements or web browser redirect.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all applications installed on the system.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove dubious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video tutorial below.
Run Zemana to get rid of DHL Email virus
Zemana Anti Malware is a tool that can delete adware, PUPs, hijacker infections and other malware from your computer easily and for free. Zemana Anti-Malware is compatible with most antivirus software. It works under Windows (10 – XP, 32 and 64 bit) and uses minimum of personal computer resources.
Please go to the link below to download Zemana Free. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: February 14, 2019
Once the download is finished, close all windows on your PC. Further, start the install file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up like below, click the “Yes” button.
It will display the “Setup wizard” that will help you install Zemana Anti Malware on the PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is complete successfully, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will automatically start and you may see its main window as displayed on the image below.
Next, click the “Scan” button to start checking your computer for the DHL Email virus related files, folders and registry keys. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. During the scan Zemana Free will search for threats exist on your PC system.
When the scanning is complete, Zemana will display a list of detected threats. In order to delete all items, simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana will start to get rid of virus and other kinds of potential threats such as malware and potentially unwanted applications. After finished, you can be prompted to reboot your PC system.
Scan your PC system and remove DHL Email virus with Hitman Pro
Hitman Pro is a free portable program that scans your computer for ad-supported software, PUPs and malware such as DHL Email virus and helps remove them easily. Moreover, it’ll also help you remove any harmful web-browser extensions and add-ons.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the downloading process is finished, run the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, click the “Next” to perform a system scan for the DHL Email virus and other kinds of potential threats such as malicious software and PUPs. This process can take some time, so please be patient. When a malicious software, adware or potentially unwanted software are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is done.
- When finished, a list of all items detected is produced. When you’re ready, click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malware found.
Use Malwarebytes to delete DHL Email virus
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your computer of the virus. The free utility is an advanced malware removal program developed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular anti-malware technology. It is able to help you delete potentially unwanted apps, malware, adware, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your system for free.
- Download MalwareBytes Free on your system from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When downloading is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your personal computer. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Free onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will start and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to start checking your computer for the DHL Email virus and other security threats. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your personal computer. During the scan MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) will scan for threats exist on your machine.
- After the checking is done, the results are displayed in the scan report.
- All detected items will be marked. You can remove them all by simply press the “Quarantine Selected” button. Once the task is done, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Remove DHL Email virus from Google Chrome
If you have malware problem or the Google Chrome is running slow, then reset Chrome settings can help you. In the steps below we will show you a method to reset your Chrome settings to original settings without reinstall. This will also allow to delete changes to browser settings created by DHL Email .
First open the Google Chrome. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will open the Google Chrome menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Chrome menu once again. Further, click the option called “Settings”.
The web-browser will open the settings screen. Another way to open the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, as displayed in the following example and press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Chrome will display the confirmation prompt as displayed in the following example.
You need to confirm your action, click the “Reset” button. The web-browser will launch the process of cleaning. When it’s complete, the web-browser’s settings including newtab, default search engine and home page back to the values which have been when the Chrome was first installed on your computer.
Get rid of DHL Email virus from Mozilla Firefox
The Firefox reset will get rid of modified preferences, extensions and security settings. However, your saved bookmarks and passwords will not be lost. This will not affect your history, passwords, bookmarks, and other saved data.
First, launch the Mozilla Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button like below.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove DHL Email virus from IE
In order to restore all internet browser settings you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the Windows was installed on your personal computer.
First, run the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as displayed in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The IE will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window like below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
Run AdBlocker to stay safe online
If you want to remove annoying advertisements, web browser redirections and popups, then install an ad-blocker program such as AdGuard. It can block undesired ads, popups and stop web sites from tracking your online activities when using the Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. So, if you like browse the Net, but you don’t like unwanted advertisements and want to protect your PC system from harmful pages, then the AdGuard is your best choice.
- AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading is complete, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the install is done, press “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will run automatically and stop popup ads, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
To sum up
After completing the few simple steps outlined above, your computer should be clean from DHL Email virus and other malware. Your antivirus software will no longer detect any security threats. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step tutorial does not help you, then you have caught a new malicious software, and then the best way – ask for help here.