What is Zip Cruncher? Zip Cruncher is an unwanted software from the adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) group.
Zip Cruncher is an adware that brings targeted ads to your web browser. Adware may hijack the advertisements of other companies with its own. In many cases, ad-supported software will track your surfing habits and report this info to its makers.
Adware can install a component that enables its creator to track which websites you visit, which products you look at upon those pages. They are then able to choose the type of advertisements they show you. So, if you had ad-supported software on your PC system, there is a good chance you have another that is collecting and sharing your personal data with third parties, without your say-so.
Take a deep breath. Learn everything you should know about Zip Cruncher adware removal, how to delete adware from your web browser and computer. Find the best free adware and malware removal tools here!
Remove Zip Cruncher adware (removal steps)
Most often ad supported software requires more than a simple uninstall with the help of MS Windows Control panel in order to be fully uninstalled. For that reason, our team designed several removal solutions that we’ve combined in a detailed tutorial. Therefore, if you have the Zip Cruncher ad supported software on your system and are currently trying to have it removed then feel free to follow the steps below in order to resolve your problem. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to shut down your internet browser or reboot your computer.
To remove Zip Cruncher, use the steps below:
- How to remove Zip Cruncher without any software
- How to remove Zip Cruncher with freeware
- How to stay safe online
- Where the Zip Cruncher ad supported software comes from
- Finish words
How to remove Zip Cruncher without any software
Most common adware may be uninstalled without any antivirus apps. The manual ad-supported software removal is tutorial that will teach you how to delete the Zip Cruncher adware.
Uninstall Zip Cruncher by using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the PC system cleanup is to remove unknown and suspicious programs. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded apps can clean up the Internet Explorer, Firefox, Edge and Chrome from pop up advertisements, hijackers and so on.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as displayed on the screen below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all software installed on your PC. Scroll through the all list, and remove any dubious and unknown apps.
Remove Zip Cruncher adware from Chrome
If you have unwanted pop-up ads, Zip Cruncher adware problems or Chrome is running slow, then reset Chrome can help you. In this guide we’ll show you the way to reset your Google Chrome settings and data to default values without reinstall.
First run the Chrome. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will display the Google Chrome menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Google Chrome menu once again. Further, press the option named “Settings”.
The web browser will show the settings screen. Another method to display the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, as displayed on the image below and press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Google Chrome will display the confirmation dialog box as displayed on the image below.
You need to confirm your action, click the “Reset” button. The browser will start the procedure of cleaning. After it is finished, the internet browser’s settings including home page, default search engine and newtab back to the values that have been when the Chrome was first installed on your computer.
Delete Zip Cruncher from Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
Resetting your Mozilla Firefox is first troubleshooting step for any issues with your browser application, including unwanted ads and popups. It’ll save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
First, run the Firefox and click button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Further, click the Help button () as shown on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the image below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the Zip Cruncher. When, it’s finished, press the “Finish” button.
Remove Zip Cruncher adware from Internet Explorer
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your internet browser is hijacked or you have unwanted addo-ons or toolbars on your browser, that installed by an malicious software.
First, launch the IE, click ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your PC system for the changes to take effect. It will disable malicious and ad-supported web browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings like search provider, homepage and new tab page to default state.
How to remove Zip Cruncher with freeware
If you’re an unskilled computer user, then we suggest to run free removal utilities listed below to remove Zip Cruncher adware for good. The automatic solution is highly recommended. It has less steps and easier to implement than the manual method. Moreover, it lower risk of system damage. So, the automatic Zip Cruncher removal is a better option.
Use Zemana Free to delete Zip Cruncher
Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) highly recommended, because it can scan for security threats such ad supported software and adwares that most ‘classic’ antivirus applications fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Zip Cruncher adware removal problems which cannot be fixed by this tool automatically, then Zemana AntiMalware provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Zemana Anti Malware can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the downloading process is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your machine. Next, launch a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Free will run and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the Zip Cruncher that causes multiple unwanted advertisements and pop ups. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. During the scan Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will look for threats present on your PC system.
- Once that process is finished, Zemana Free will show a list of detected items.
- Review the results once the utility has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press the “Next” button. The utility will begin to delete Zip Cruncher and other unwanted apps. After the cleaning procedure is finished, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Use Hitman Pro to get rid of Zip Cruncher adware from web-browser
HitmanPro is a free portable program that scans your machine for Zip Cruncher, PUPs and hijackers and helps remove them easily. Moreover, it’ll also help you remove any harmful internet browser extensions and add-ons.
Click the link below to download Hitman Pro. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Once downloading is done, open the file location and double-click the Hitman Pro icon. It will start the HitmanPro tool. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to open the program, press Yes button to continue.
Next, press “Next” to perform a system scan with this tool for the Zip Cruncher ad supported software that causes a ton of intrusive pop-ups. Depending on your PC, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. During the scan HitmanPro will search for threats exist on your computer.
Once HitmanPro completes the scan, Hitman Pro will show a list of found items as shown on the screen below.
When you’re ready, press “Next” button. It will open a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button. The HitmanPro will delete Zip Cruncher and move items to the program’s quarantine. After the process is done, the tool may ask you to restart your personal computer.
Automatically get rid of Zip Cruncher with Malwarebytes
Manual Zip Cruncher removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware can be not completely removed. We recommend that run the Malwarebytes Free that are completely free your system of adware. Moreover, the free application will allow you to remove malicious software, PUPs, hijackers and toolbars that your personal computer can be infected too.
- Visit the page linked below to download MalwareBytes Anti Malware. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When downloading is done, please close all software and open windows on your system. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Free onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti Malware will launch and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the Zip Cruncher ad-supported software. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your personal computer. While the MalwareBytes AntiMalware is scanning, you may see how many objects it has identified either as being malware.
- As the scanning ends, MalwareBytes will display a scan report.
- In order to remove all threats, simply click the “Quarantine Selected” button. After that process is done, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stay safe online
Run ad-blocking application like AdGuard in order to block ads, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install malicious and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons that affect your PC system performance and impact your system security. Browse the Web anonymously and stay safe online!
- Click the following link to download AdGuard. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the setup is finished, press “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC, AdGuard will launch automatically and block unwanted pop up ads, as well as other harmful or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that may be found on your desktop.
Where the Zip Cruncher ad supported software comes from
Now your machine should be clean of the Zip Cruncher adware that designed to redirect your web browser to various ad web sites. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted popup ads and annoying harmful webpages) and Zemana Anti-Malware (to periodically scan your PC system for new adwares and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Zip Cruncher ad supported software from your computer, then ask for help here here.