If you keep getting annoying Ytmp3.cc notifications, popups or ads , while browsing online using the Chrome, Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer, then it is possible that your PC system has become a victim of the ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware).
When adware hijacks your PC, it might carry out various harmful tasks. It can analyze the location and which Internet web-pages you visit, and then display ads to the types of content, goods or services featured there. Adware creators can collect and sell your browsing information and behavior to third parties.
The adware can end up on your computer in various ways. In most cases is when you download and install freeware and forget to uncheck the box for the additional apps installation. Do not panic because we have got the solution. Here’s a steps on how to remove Ytmp3.cc popups and notifications from the Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and MS Edge and other web browsers.
It’s not a good idea to have an unwanted program like the ad supported software that responsible for the appearance of Ytmp3.cc popups. The reason for this is simple, it doing things you don’t know about. And of course you completely don’t know what will happen when you click on any Ytmp3.cc ads.
So, obviously, you need to get rid of the ad-supported software as quickly as possible. Use the free steps below. This guide will help you clean your machine of ad supported software and thereby get rid of the Ytmp3.cc pop up ads.
Remove Ytmp3.cc pop-ups, ads, notifications (Virus removal instructions)
Fortunately, we have an effective way which will help you manually or/and automatically remove Ytmp3.cc popups virus from your browser and bring your browser settings, including start page, new tab and default search provider, back to normal. Below you will find a removal guide with all the steps you may need to successfully remove ad supported software and its traces. Certain of the steps below will require you to shut down this web-site. So, please read the step-by-step tutorial carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove Ytmp3.cc popups and notifications, use the following steps:
- How to manually get rid of Ytmp3.cc
- How to remove Ytmp3.cc pop-up notifications with free programs
- Stop Ytmp3.cc pop ups, ads, notifications
- How does your computer get infected with adware
- Finish words
How to manually get rid of Ytmp3.cc
To remove Ytmp3.cc popups virus, adware and other unwanted programs you can try to do so manually. Unfortunately some of the adware won’t show up in your program list, but some adware may. In this case, you may be able to remove it through the uninstall function of your PC. You can do this by completing the steps below.
Uninstall suspicious apps through the Control Panel of your computer
The main cause of Ytmp3.cc popups could be potentially unwanted applications, ad-supported software or other unwanted applications that you may have unintentionally installed on the machine. You need to identify and delete all suspicious programs.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown in the following example.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel like below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of programs installed on your machine. Most probably, one of them is the adware responsible for Ytmp3.cc redirect. If you’ve many applications installed, you can help simplify the search of malicious software by sort the list by date of installation. Once you have found a dubious, unwanted or unused program, right click to it, after that press ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Once the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to press ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as on the image below.
You will see a list of software installed on your personal computer. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the apps that were installed last. Most likely, it is the adware that responsible for the appearance of Ytmp3.cc pop-ups. If you’re in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. Once the program which you need to remove is found, simply press on its name, and then click ‘Uninstall’ as shown in the following example.
Remove Ytmp3.cc popups from Google Chrome
Resetting Google Chrome to original state is effective in removing the Ytmp3.cc popups from your web browser. This way is always advisable to follow if you have difficulty in removing changes caused by adware.
First start the Google Chrome. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will display the Chrome menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the plugin signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Google Chrome menu once again. Further, click the option named “Settings”.
The internet browser will display the settings screen. Another way to display the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, like below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Google Chrome will display the confirmation dialog box as shown in the following example.
You need to confirm your action, click the “Reset” button. The internet browser will start the task of cleaning. When it’s done, the internet browser’s settings including search provider, start page and new tab back to the values which have been when the Google Chrome was first installed on your PC system.
Remove Ytmp3.cc pop up ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer web-browser settings had been modified by adware that responsible for the appearance of Ytmp3.cc popups, then you may return your settings, via the reset web-browser procedure.
First, start the Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options” as displayed in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as on the image below.
After the process is finished, click “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and reboot your personal computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s startpage, new tab page and default search provider to default state.
Remove Ytmp3.cc notifications from Firefox
If the Mozilla Firefox web-browser program is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Firefox settings inclduing home page, newtab and search engine by default to their original state. It’ll save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
First, run the Mozilla Firefox and press button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, click the Help button () as on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed in the figure below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation dialog box. Further, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the adware that causes multiple unwanted ads. Once, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
How to remove Ytmp3.cc pop-up notifications with free programs
It is not enough to remove Ytmp3.cc advertisements from your internet browser by completing the manual steps above to solve all problems. Some the adware related files may remain on your PC and they will recover the adware even after you delete it. For that reason we recommend to use free anti-malware tool such as Zemana Free, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and Hitman Pro. Either of those applications should can scan for and delete ad supported software that responsible for the appearance of Ytmp3.cc advertisements.
Use Zemana Free to remove Ytmp3.cc
Zemana Anti-Malware is a tool which can delete ad-supported software, potentially unwanted applications, hijackers and other malicious software from your computer easily and for free. Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) is compatible with most antivirus software. It works under MS Windows (10 – XP, 32 and 64 bit) and uses minimum of PC resources.
- Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- When the download is finished, close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is finished, click the “Scan” button to start checking your computer for the ad-supported software that responsible for internet browser reroute to the annoying Ytmp3.cc web-site. Depending on your system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the utility is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- Once the checking is finished, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will show a screen which contains a list of malware that has been found. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and press “Next”. When finished, you can be prompted to reboot your PC system.
Use HitmanPro to get rid of Ytmp3.cc popups
Hitman Pro is a free removal utility that can be downloaded and use to delete adware that responsible for the appearance of Ytmp3.cc popups, hijackers, malware, PUPs, toolbars and other threats from your PC. You can use this tool to search for threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security program.
HitmanPro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
When the downloading process is complete, open the folder in which you saved it. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the HitmanPro desktop icon. Once the tool is opened, you will see a screen as on the image below.
Further, press “Next” button . Hitman Pro application will scan through the whole personal computer for the adware that causes a lot of annoying Ytmp3.cc popups and notifications. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. Once the scanning is done, you’ll be displayed the list of all found items on your PC as displayed in the figure below.
Once you have selected what you wish to delete from your PC system click “Next” button. It will show a dialog box, press the “Activate free license” button.
Scan and clean your computer of adware with Malwarebytes
Remove Ytmp3.cc pop-up ads manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your PC system. Moreover, the free application will allow you to delete malicious software, potentially unwanted programs, toolbars and browser hijackers that your machine can be infected too.
- Installing the MalwareBytes is simple. First you will need to download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware by clicking on the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download is finished, please close all software and open windows on your machine. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes AntiMalware will start and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button for scanning your PC system for the adware which cause undesired Ytmp3.cc pop ups to appear. This task may take quite a while, so please be patient. While the utility is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- Once MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) completes the scan, MalwareBytes Free will show a scan report.
- When you are ready, press the “Quarantine Selected” button. When the clean-up is finished, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop Ytmp3.cc pop ups, ads, notifications
Use ad blocker program like AdGuard in order to block ads, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install malicious and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons that affect your PC performance and impact your machine security. Surf the World Wide Web anonymously and stay safe online!
- AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is finished, press “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and block unwanted pop-up ads, stop Ytmp3.cc popups and notifications, as well as other malicious or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
How does your computer get infected with adware
The adware most likely to occur during the installation of free programs due the fact that PUPs like this are mostly hidden in the setup package. Thus, if you’ve installed some free applications using Quick(Standard) method, you may have let the Ytmp3.cc ads get inside the web browser. Keep in mind that the Quick mode is unreliable because it do not warn about bundled software. Thus, optional applications will be installed automatically unless you select Advanced/Custom method and disable its installation.
After completing the guide outlined above, your system should be clean from this adware and other malware. The Edge, Mozilla Firefox, IE and Google Chrome will no longer display Ytmp3.cc notifications and popups when you browse the Internet. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new ad supported software, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted Ytmp3.cc popups.